Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222 ... 242  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:26 am 

PinEvent - BAM iCOM - RetroFlair: BAM Edition

Update: New files with fixes are on a later post on this page! Please go there for all info!

Last edited by TerryRed on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:22 am 

Thanks Terry for moving this forward !

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:08 pm 

v265:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

fixed:
- overlay remove in MOTU
- DMD errors in New Renderer on Jurastic Park 1.04

@TerryRed:
I don't see any errors in Jurastic Park Ultimate Pro 1.04 from Slamt1lt page.
This screenshot is from different JP version?
Maybe it is only visible on second display in arcade mode?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:14 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
v265:

fixed:
- overlay remove in MOTU
- DMD errors in New Renderer on Jurastic Park 1.04

@TerryRed:
I don't see any errors in Jurastic Park Ultimate Pro 1.04 from Slamt1lt page.
This screenshot is from different JP version?
Maybe it is only visible on second display in arcade mode?

Correct. Sorry, I should have specified that. This error only shows up on the second screen, with or without arcade mode enabled.

Thanks for the fixes!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:17 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Thanks Terry for moving this forward !

Let me know if it works for you! I really need people who don't have pup or dof installed to test.

My hope is this will simple allow for any table updates I do in the future to work for everyone without need of extra software to be installed (unless of course they want to use pup-packs, pup-ssf or dof).

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:01 pm 

updated v265:

- fixed broken look of bulbs with unchecker "redner model" on backbox (on second display) (see Jurastic Park...)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:29 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
updated v265:

- fixed broken look of bulbs with unchecker "redner model" on backbox (on second display) (see Jurastic Park...)

Awesome Rav! Thanks.

I found an error with my scripts for RetroFlair and PinEvent.

Anyone who had an error pointing to ball rolling...hold on...i dont know the issue there yet. I added a second table with no ball rolling enabled.

That said, the no ball rolling table gives another error related to my pinevent scripts. Hold on for a fix...when i have i sorted out.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:32 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
ravarcade wrote:
updated v265:

Awesome Rav! Thanks.

I found an error with my scripts for RetroFlair and PinEvent.

Anyone who had an error pointing to ball rolling...hold on...i dont know the issue there yet. I added a second table with no ball rolling enabled.

That said, the no ball rolling table gives another error related to my pinevent scripts. Hold on for a fix...when i have i sorted out.

Ya I got the "initballtraking" error
And when I removed the code line
I got a dof error

I don't have dof or pinup installed

And I tried "default" and desktop option

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:36 pm 

PinEvent - BAM iCOM - RetroFlair: BAM Edition

Testing needed! New version with fixes!

Let's try this again! :)

Those who tried the previous version please download and replace ALL files in the new link below as they are all new!

(I tested this new version of files on my Laptop which has no DOF or PUP installed. I was able to find the errors on there. With the fixes it worked fine with all combinations of settings. So it should just work for desktop users with no changes needed after files are installed).

PinEvent

I've been working away at my new PinEvent standard for Future Pinball (with some assistance from Nailbuster).

This is what will manage and control DOF, MX Leds, PuP, and PUP-SSF (mainly for cabinet users) as well as normal FP playsounds used for mechanical events (such as flippers, bumpers, ball drops, drain ,etc). So my table updates now and in the future will be using this.

The idea is that it "should" allow for anyone to be able to use the table...even desktop users if they don't have dof, pup installed at all.
You no longer need DOFLinx! If you wish to use those things (DOF, PUP, SSF), you no longer require DOFLinx, or B2S server! (Just DOF or PUP installed and setup)

PinEvent Profiles:

PinEvent will allow for you to use multiple Profiles for different setups such as Default, Desktop, Cabinet, VR, Custom. This would allow for multiple versions of the table to be used (one for VR, one for desktop, one for cabinets, etc) by only changing one option in the table script for each table.
If you only need one setup (say desktop), then you just adjust the Default PinEvent Profile to what you use, and the table will use that by default automatically.

Files:

Here is the link to the current updated RetroFlair - BAM Edition table and the other needed files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V5etr ... uFOOPqGPXA

Installing files:

iCOM.dll (inside BAM\plugins)

- this goes into "BAM\plugins" folder, You need to be sure it's enabled in BAM plug-ins menu. This plug-in is what will allow for anything such as DOF, PUP, VPinMAME,etc to be usable with FP (if only we had this YEARS ago!)

PinEvent_Settings.vbs
PinEvent_Control.vbs

- this is PinEvent. Copy these files to your FuturePinball\Scripts folder. If you are just a desktop user with no DOF, PUP then you don't need to make any changes to these files...but you still require them!
If you are someone who uses DOF or PUP, then edit the PinEvent_Settings.vbs and make the changes noted in there for your setup in regards to DOF and PUP. You can edit the Default profile for your own setup and the table will use that automatically.

PUPVideos (folder)

The content in this folder is only for those who have Pinup Player installed, and want to use PUP-SSF. Copy the "FP_RETROFLAIR_BAM" folder to your "PinupSystem\PUPVideos" folder.
This is for surround sound feedback (SSF). When used, this will play ALL the mechanical sounds for flippers, bumpers, slings, ball drops, etc on your 5.1 or 7.1 setup. In 7.1, it should only play on the side and rear surround speakers (this is how it works in a cabinet, with the front speakers used only for game audio). This will only work in surround with discrete analogue audio outputs on a sound card, not a digital audio output!
If you have 2 or more audio cards, only your main (primary) audio card in windows will work with PUP-SSF!
If you only have a 2 speaker setup, you can still use SSF as well, but there is no benefit to that.
There is no ball rolling function specifically for PUP-SSF yet. That will still play through FP.

ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs
ZBRrollingballsoundslib.txt

Copy these to your FuturePinball\Scripts folder. Needed for the Ball rolling function.

BAM (folder)

This has the current beta of BAM 1.4-264 which is required to use this table! Copy the BAM.dll to your BAM folder.

BAM\CFG

This has a BAM cfg for the table all ready to go for proper setup for POV, backbox, etc. Copy to your BAM\CFG folder. Note, if you change the name of the table file, then this must also be changed to match.

Retroflair (BAM Edition 1.0a - PinEvent).zip

This file is to replace the default BALL texture with a nicer one. This goes with the table file in the Tables folder.

DOF users:

DOF for the table is now on DOF Config Tool! Update your DOF Configs!

USAGE:

After those files are installed and setup, then use the table like normal...and all should work! (I hope)

The table script has user options at the top.

Make sure DOFLinx is NOT running while testing this! You may end up having both DOFLinx and normal DOF both triggering your hardware at the same time! The next release of DOFLinx will have a feature that will allow for disabling DOFLinx when launching FP PinEvent tables.

If all works well...then normally you would only install the iCOM and PinEvent files and setup them up only once. After that, the tables using PinEvent "should" just work for you. That's the idea at least!

Once this is working well, then I can move on to finalizing it and PinEvent so I can add DOF MX SSF and PUP to other FP tables! (and I can update Jaws U-Pro and PuP-Pack to use this as well, and then release!)

RetroFlair - BAM Edition - PinEvent v1.0a (beta, not final)

'**** TerryRed BAM Edition Mod - PinEvent V1.0a *****

This table requires:

- BAM 1.4-264 or higher!
- USER's BAM OPTIONS can be changed (goto the USER's BAM OPTIONS section)
- iCOM.dll BAM plug-in file must be installed in "BAM\Plug-ins" folder and enabled in the BAM Plug-ins menu!
- PinEvent_Settings.vbs and PinEvent_Control.vbs in your "FuturePinball\Scripts" folder.
- ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs and ZBRrollingballsoundslib.txt in your "FuturePinball\Scripts" folder.
- PinEvent Profile set (goto PinEvent SETTINGS section)

Updates:

' added new BAM dynamic physics
' adjusted flipper, bumper settings in editor for strength and elasticity (in editor)
' adjusted table slope (in editor)
' added new adjustable BAM lighting for playfield inserts
' added new adjustable BAM lighting for GI ("detached" nanoflashers)
' added control to turn off GI lighting when ramp flashers go off, and when launching ball
' added new BAM shadowmaps
' added new BAM RGB flashers (on the slingshots) that change colour to match the game's progress
' added "detached" coloured flashers for launch ball rainbow light sequence
' changed bumpers to coloured ghosts matching the ghost toys
' changed ghost toys to only move when their matching ghost bumper is hit
' added invisible guide on left orbit so ball movement was smooth when coming down
' added smoke's ZBRrollingballsoundslib (ball rolling function)
' added fpMusicVolume variable to allow adjusting the volume of the music played (separate from FP music setting)
' added full PinEvent support for DOF MX PuP-SSF (for cabinets)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by TerryRed on Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:46 am 

Gimli...

Try the new version I posted. Should work for you now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222 ... 242  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner