Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 242  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 pm 

Sorry Terry,

I guess I misinterpreted what you said. I seem to be misreading things more often as I get older.

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:25 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
Update (same version, v264):
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

- added "Hide overlays" option in Addons menu
- HudSeg and HudReel are hidded same way as HudDMD and Overlays

Hmmmmm... I don't see any option for "Hide Overlays" in the Addon menu at all.

I also notice the version shows v264, but the date is 10 02 2019

Update: Nevermind.... the download didn't unblock the file in windows. It's there now.

Thanks

Last edited by TerryRed on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:26 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Sorry Terry,

I guess I misinterpreted what you said. I seem to be misreading things more often as I get older.

George

I know the feeling... I feel like my parents now since I need to hold the can of soup far away to be able to even see the text. ;)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:35 pm 

Working great Rav! Thank you so much. I know a lot of guys will appreciate this feature.

Very handy for VR and cabinet users!

For the new framerate unlocker option. Is this basically acting like a vsnyc, or is it more about internal FP timings,etc working correctly with newer displays at higher refresh rates.

I know some guys who use 120hz and 144 hz in their cabinets, so they are aksing me about how it works, and does it work with 120hz (since there is an option for 144 but not 120),etc.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:34 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
For the new framerate unlocker option. Is this basically acting like a vsnyc, or is it more about internal FP timings,etc working correctly with newer displays at higher refresh rates.

I know some guys who use 120hz and 144 hz in their cabinets, so they are aksing me about how it works, and does it work with 120hz (since there is an option for 144 but not 120),etc.

It has nothing to do with vsync.
FP generate errors, when physics fps counter < rendering fps counter.
In other words: if FP renders 2 (or more frames) for 1 physics frame, it can process same event 2 (or more) times or wrongly detect events. Lets say: ball stays over trigger (trigger is "active") and FP detects change in trigger state even when nothing is changing. This is source of that "buzz sound" on some tables.
Goal is: if FP try to render 2 frames with same physics frame nr, BAM adds delay in rendering.
Anyway, FP reads time little bit wrong way. Even if physics FPS is 256 and rendering frame time is ~8ms (=125 FPS) it can sometimes try render 2 frame in row without physics frame between.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:52 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
TerryRed wrote:

It has nothing to do with vsync.
FP generate errors, when physics fps counter < rendering fps counter.
In other words: if FP renders 2 (or more frames) for 1 physics frame, it can process same event 2 (or more) times or wrongly detect events. Lets say: ball stays over trigger (trigger is "active") and FP detects change in trigger state even when nothing is changing. This is source of that "buzz sound" on some tables.
Goal is: if FP try to render 2 frames with same physics frame nr, BAM adds delay in rendering.
Anyway, FP reads time little bit wrong way. Even if physics FPS is 256 and rendering frame time is ~8ms (=125 FPS) it can sometimes try render 2 frame in row without physics frame between.

What do you recommend to use for those settings?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:02 pm 

OK. I guess I missed it somehow. What version was that this framerate unlocker was released?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:15 am 

I was wandering if any have the next issue, Opening the BAM menu lights up the table:

nevermind, it was a reshade issue :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:28 pm 

I did notice a couple of things with the latest beta.

For Jurassic Park Ultimate Pro, I see some of the lights on the backglass don't look correct.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:32 pm 

...the other is I notice that with the new Hide Overlay feature, it's removing Overlays on the Translite, instead of just the HUD Overlays.

In this MOTU pic you can see the "castle" overlay is removed from the backglass..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 242  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner