Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220 ... 242  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2777
Location: Arkansas, USA
TerryRed wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

Is there a way you could change a flasher to be unrendered in the script? It might make the nanoflasher obsolete. FP allows us to make bulbs unrendereder but not flashers.

Is there a way to adjust brightness of the "Ambient Light"? There is a shadow map for it so it seems like we might be able to control it in other ways.

George



The Ambient Light is already controllable. That is what you are adjusting under Lights in BAM menu and also in script with this section.

Sub SetLightsParamsInBAM()
xBAM.Lights.EnableNewRenderer = TRUE
xBAM.Lights.MainLightLock = FALSE
xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightPosition 0, 900, 1550
xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightProperties 1, 0.32, 1.1, 0.075
xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightAttenuation 1, 0, 0
xBAM.Lights.SetOtherLightsAttenuation 0.066, 0, 0.333
xBAM.Lights.EnablePostprocessing = FALSE
xBAM.Lights.SetPostprocessing 1, 0, 1, 1
xBAM.Lights.SetPostprocessingForNewRenderer 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
End Sub


So the line:

xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightProperties 1, 0.32, 1.1, 0.075


is what you would change. The 0.075 is the Ambient Lighting Brightness.


I knew that stuff was there but it doesn't seem like "brightness" to me. It seems like it affects other lights also but maybe I'm wrong.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
If you watch this part of my video, you'll see the main light's glow spot on the playfield when I move the light back and forth. Really, the main light is like a spread out flasher in some ways....but it's position seems to be relative to the camera.

https://youtu.be/X5IsSwsTYUk?t=91


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 1033
bam beta, v264:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

- fixed: invisible bulbs (with uchecked "Render Model") was drawed if there was no "xBAM.CreateAllExt" (so, on few tables like on Tron)
- new key "hide overlay key" in Redefine keys menu. You can assign this key and later hide all overlays with one key on any table (feature requested by many cab users)

_________________
http://www.ravarcade.pl
Better Arcade Mode
current BAM version: v1.5-289, released: May 10, 2020


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
ravarcade wrote:
bam beta, v264:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

- fixed: invisible bulbs (with uchecked "Render Model") was drawed if there was no "xBAM.CreateAllExt" (so, on few tables like on Tron)
- new key "hide overlay key" in Redefine keys menu. You can assign this key and later hide all overlays with one key on any table (feature requested by many cab users)


Thank you!

That "hide overlay key" is awesome Rav!

Is is possible to:

- automatically "enable" it to hide in the BAM Add-On menu, like the FP logo option?
- or could it also be usable in a script command (to hide Hud Overlay on startup on table)?

It's a nice feature for VR users and cabinet users.

They normally would like it to automatically hide the HUD Overlay on table startup (without needing to press a key) if possible.

Thanks again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2777
Location: Arkansas, USA
ravarcade wrote:
bam beta, v264:
- new key "hide overlay key" in Redefine keys menu. You can assign this key and later hide all overlays with one key on any table (feature requested by many cab users)


I am sure they will want to hide segmented displays that are identified as a HUD also.

This option will help but I think the pincab users would prefer an option to turn off the HUD every time they play any table.

I have noticed that whenever I change to one of these new BAM betas, the shadow maps are saved to the cache even though I have saved a TGA to the textures. I am absolutely certain I have made no changes to the script on these tables.

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
GeorgeH wrote:
ravarcade wrote:
bam beta, v264:
- new key "hide overlay key" in Redefine keys menu. You can assign this key and later hide all overlays with one key on any table (feature requested by many cab users)


I am sure they will want to hide segmented displays that are identified as a HUD also.

This option will help but I think the pincab users would prefer an option to turn off the HUD every time they play any table.

I have noticed that whenever I change to one of these new BAM betas, the shadow maps are saved to the cache even though I have saved a TGA to the textures. I am absolutely certain I have made no changes to the script on these tables.

George



Yes, like George says.... the Hud DMD and Hud Overlays hide... but the Hud Reels and Hud Segments don't hide.

Would it be possible to hide those as well?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2777
Location: Arkansas, USA
TerryRed wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
ravarcade wrote:
bam beta, v264:
- new key "hide overlay key" in Redefine keys menu. You can assign this key and later hide all overlays with one key on any table (feature requested by many cab users)


I am sure they will want to hide segmented displays that are identified as a HUD also.

This option will help but I think the pincab users would prefer an option to turn off the HUD every time they play any table.

I have noticed that whenever I change to one of these new BAM betas, the shadow maps are saved to the cache even though I have saved a TGA to the textures. I am absolutely certain I have made no changes to the script on these tables.

George



Yes, like George says.... the Hud DMD and Hud Overlays hide... but the Hud Reels and Hud Segments don't hide.

Would it be possible to hide those as well?


Actually, I said to hide HUD segmented displays. How do you use these? I would think most cab users would prefer to have segmented displays mounted on the back box. I always post tables with the HUD toggle so it fades out everything on the HUD, including overlays, DMDs, segmented displays. Am I doing this wrong?

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
GeorgeH wrote:

Actually, I said to hide HUD segmented displays. How do you use these? I would think most cab users would prefer to have segmented displays mounted on the back box. I always post tables with the HUD toggle so it fades out everything on the HUD, including overlays, DMDs, segmented displays. Am I doing this wrong?

George


Anything named a HUD element (on the Translite in the Editor) is displayed in the main FP screen (intended for single screen Desktop view). This includes:

Hud DMD
Hud Overlay (videos, frames,etc)
Hud Reels (EM reels)
Hud Segments (alpha numeric)

This is not the same as whatever is displayed on the Backbox (Translite) in FP. Whatever you see on the Backbox (in desktop view) is also what you see on the Second screen in a cabinet.


Cabinet users want all the "HUD" elements hidden so they don't appear on the main FP Display, which is the playfield screen on the cabinet. (and they appear all stretched out in the corners and look horrible)

The backbox screen in the cabinet still displays the DMD, Reels, Segments, etc on the backbox.


So, yes George you were doing things correct if you were hiding all HUD elements... and I hope Rav can expand this new "hide" feature to include all HUD items, and to be a toggling feature in the same way you can hide the FP logo.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 1033
Update (same version, v264):
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

- added "Hide overlays" option in Addons menu
- HudSeg and HudReel are hidded same way as HudDMD and Overlays

_________________
http://www.ravarcade.pl
Better Arcade Mode
current BAM version: v1.5-289, released: May 10, 2020


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
ravarcade wrote:
Update (same version, v264):
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

- added "Hide overlays" option in Addons menu
- HudSeg and HudReel are hidded same way as HudDMD and Overlays


YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220 ... 242  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron