Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218 ... 243  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:49 am 

GeorgeH wrote:

Could you try RetroFlair BAM Edition? As I mentioned, you most likely won't see the issue on many other tables as they aren't using flashers in the same way with the new BAM features, and it won't be noticeable. For me, its night and day the difference between 259 and 262.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:15 am 

Sure I'll try it. Is it on PinSimDB?

CFTBL uses quite a few of the new lighting features of BAM. I have noticed that the light flickers if you set the brightness of a blinking bulb to less than one. Rav has been working on it.

Then of course there is my previous discussion of nanoflashers. I have found I cannot use the new brightness feature on them because they don't behave like other flashers. I only use the color change and move functions on them. I think it is something about the way they are built.

I noticed that v 262 has the names of a bunch of bulbs on the main menu of BAM. Any idea what that does?

George

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:27 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
Sure I'll try it. Is it on PinSimDB?

CFTBL uses quite a few of the new lighting features of BAM. I have noticed that the light flickers if you set the brightness of a blinking bulb to less than one. Rav has been working on it.

Then of course there is my previous discussion of nanoflashers. I have found I cannot use the new brightness feature on them because they don't behave like other flashers. I only use the color change and move functions on them. I think it is something about the way they are built.

I noticed that v 262 has the names of a bunch of bulbs on the main menu of BAM. Any idea what that does?

George

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FT3j2 ... FVUlgJZh0e

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:28 am 

Hi George and Terry,

you can try also the new Metalica mod.
If you have a closer look to the Flashers, you will see they are dimmed also with Bam262,
with Bam259 it looks much better.

Jens

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:59 am 

Terry,
I can't really tell on my lame computers re: Graphics difference between the versions of BAM

But for fun, I updated your table as follows for you to try:

1. Normal maps on Pac Man Ghost Models, Bumpers, Arcade machine, Outrun and Ms Pac man signs

Tweak a few of them in script as follows
Code:
'[BAM] !texture = MsPacSignTexture-ColorMap
'[BAM] !normalMap = MsPacSignTexture-NormalMap
'[BAM] !shininess = -1.0
'[BAM] !specularLevel = 1.0
'[BAM] !specularBalance = -1.0
'[BAM] !normalMapScale = 0.5

'[BAM] !texture = paccab-ColorMap
'[BAM] !normalMap = paccab-NormalMap
'[BAM] !shininess = -1.0

'[BAM] !texture = OutRunSignTexture-ColorMap
'[BAM] !normalMap = OutRunSignTexture-NormalMap
'[BAM] !shininess = -1.0
'[BAM] !specularLevel = 0.33
'[BAM] !normalMapScale = 3.0

2. Swapped the xml for SLAM's xml from DSA
(The left flipper works better now, I wasn't able to shoot the right ramp before)

Set table slope from 9 to 7.2.

3.Added the Shadow map TGA so it will load faster the first time

4. Added
Code:
xBAM.GameRoom = False 'Prevents Old FP Game Room From Loading

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkulayeihan2y ... i.fpt?dl=0

If you don't like any of this , no worries...it is for future reference for you when modding tables

Cheers

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:40 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Terry,
I can't really tell on my lame computers re: Graphics difference between the versions of BAM

But for fun, I updated your table as follows for you to try:

1. Normal maps on Pac Man Ghost Models, Bumpers, Arcade machine, Outrun and Ms Pac man signs

Tweak a few of them in script as follows
Code:
'[BAM] !texture = MsPacSignTexture-ColorMap
'[BAM] !normalMap = MsPacSignTexture-NormalMap
'[BAM] !shininess = -1.0

'[BAM] !texture = paccab-ColorMap
'[BAM] !normalMap = paccab-NormalMap
'[BAM] !shininess = -1.0

'[BAM] !texture = OutRunSignTexture-ColorMap
'[BAM] !normalMap = OutRunSignTexture-NormalMap
'[BAM] !shininess = -1.0
'[BAM] !specularLevel = 0.33
'[BAM] !normalMapScale = 3.0

2. Swapped the xml for SLAM's xml from DSA
(The left flipper works better now, I wasn't able to shoot the right ramp before)

Set table slope from 9 to 7.2.

3.Added the Shadow map TGA so it will load faster the first time

4. Added
Code:
xBAM.GameRoom = False 'Prevents Old FP Game Room From Loading

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkulayeihan2y ... i.fpt?dl=0

If you don't like any of this , no worries...it is for future reference for you when modding tables

Cheers

Nice job Gimli!

I was also playing around with Normal Maps...but just felt the images were too "dirty" to give nice clean results for the ghosts...mainly around the eyes. Your results were better than mine!

I imagine we can just add options in the script to use the normal map settings in 2 different subs...one for bump maps...one for original flat textures, for user preference!

Yah, I originally used SLAM's Jaws U-Pro XML. I was trying to get away from the ball being so floaty looking (every complaint from the VPX guys about old FP physics) hence using a high slope angle. The SW DSA xml works good though. I just like to try to get the ball to have some weight to it. Table slope is one of those user preference things. I wonder if we can specify slope in the script.

Was there anything missing from what we would use "today" for BAM's physics or dynamic flippers? I removed the old reference to older BAM version, as it shouldn't be include anymore when using nwere bam features,etc.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:30 pm 

Terry,

Yes, Retroflair is much brighter on v 259 than 262. I think the reason that CFTBL does not look any different on either version is I use color to adjust the brightness of nanoflashers. I adjust Luminosity (or Lum on FP color buttons) to change brightness because I have had some problems adjusting brightness.

I posted screenshots and and included a model of Francisco's invisible nanoflasher:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/knp63vd9z4sv ... yhlra?dl=0

The invisible nanoflasher can't be moved so I always use a regular nanoflasher and make it the last change. It is sort of like working with invisible flippers.

George

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:11 pm 

Hi Terry
I think the Speed limiter is set too low....it seems to work better with this:

Code:
BAM.BallSpeedLimit = 3000

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:42 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Terry,

Yes, Retroflair is much brighter on v 259 than 262. I think the reason that CFTBL does not look any different on either version is I use color to adjust the brightness of nanoflashers. I adjust Luminosity (or Lum on FP color buttons) to change brightness because I have had some problems adjusting brightness.

I posted screenshots and and included a model of Francisco's invisible nanoflasher:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/knp63vd9z4sv ... yhlra?dl=0

The invisible nanoflasher can't be moved so I always use a regular nanoflasher and make it the last change. It is sort of like working with invisible flippers.

George

Yah, one of the things that Rav's new features in 262 fixed was being able to use a nano flasher in a hidden location (and positioned anywhere you want)... and then positioning the actual light in any location for perfect lighting while not being restricted be other objects.

This is a HUGE feature that allows for so much better control for lighting!

If Rav can fix the bug introduced in 262, we can make any table look really good with 2 or 3 nano flashers for real G.I. lighting. With RetroFlair B.E., I used BAM's flasher brightness function to control the nano flasher brightness instead of setting it to a darker colour (like we did before).

That allows us to make the nano flashers work as RGB G.I. lighting for some cool effects! When a table enter's a certain mode, you can have the G.I "bulbs" (in the slings and other plastics) change colour, but then have the nano flashers change to the same colour.

I imagine you can probably attach a nano flasher to a ball as well. With controlled lighting maybe it could make a cool glow ball effect.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:17 pm 

Rav, can you explain this?

Something is definitely different on v 262. I thought it might be something to do with nanoflashers so I tried replacing the 3 nanoflashers on Terry's Retroflair table with standard flashers and found that v 259 is still brighter than 262 without changing anything else.

I'm not sure but I think nanoflashers were created by turning the glow portion down as far as it can go. You can see a tiny spot in the center of it that I think may the remnant of the glow. ...So when I started experimenting with Rav's new beta and turned the glow up, I got surprised at how it looked. ...But it looked just like a normal flasher without a cover (unrendered). I think nanoflashers probably only use the brightness portion of the light which I think may be why they don't shine through objects very well. If I am right, we might be able to change any flasher into a nanoflasher by using Rav's new feature and set the glow to 0.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218 ... 243  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner