Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193 ... 225  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:04 pm 

I don't really enjoy coding but maybe one of these days I will figure it out.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:59 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I don't really enjoy coding but maybe one of these days I will figure it out.

George

You and everyone else George. Maybe down the road, fpx will make it a lot easier to do more complex code and scoring features, I have a idea...

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:28 am 

I dont know if Ravarcade see this?

I hope he see here, dont want to disturb him too much by contacting him by e-mail so i write here.

I have seen the youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaM2kqSRyVQ

But i wonder if BAM can make FP component be "Functionnable" as the same time (Apear/Disapear) and that the user can choose at what time make it "Collidable/None-Collidable"? What would be the script? And other info's?

More about the subject topic is at:
http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11132

If making the FP components on different (surfaces) and make them "Functionnable", would bring FP with BAM to a: "Hole New World Level".

Thank's for the time to read me.

A+

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 am 

20degree wrote:
I dont know if Ravarcade see this?

I hope he see here, dont want to disturb him too much by contacting him by e-mail so i write here.

I have seen the youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaM2kqSRyVQ

But i wonder if BAM can make FP component be "Functionnable" as the same time (Apear/Disapear) and that the user can choose at what time make it "Collidable/None-Collidable"? What would be the script? And other info's?

More about the subject topic is at:
http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11132

If making the FP components on different (surfaces) and make them "Functionnable", would bring FP with BAM to a: "Hole New World Level".

Thank's for the time to read me.

A+

There are various solutions to make all table components Collidable/non-collidable and rendered/non-rendered.

1. For a few table components only:
PolyGame/ HappyCab did this in Shootanza. There is a bumper that pops up and disappears.

Using FP model editor program you can assign any table object as a wall or toy which you can then code to appear/disapear or become collidable/ non- collidable

2. For many components....You can use BAM miniplayfield tool and create an alternate playfield with all the objects you wish and then switch between the two playfields.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:55 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
4. Lights controled in script.
You can control lights in script. There is 9 new commands... all are described on this on image:
... and as usualy you can use CTRL-C in Lights or postprocessing menu to get ready to paste in script code with values.

Rav,

I am sorry but I didn't thank you for making this change sooner even though I am the one who requested it. I am just now working on a table where I need it. It is easy as pie to do set up. I just made the changes to the menu as you said and pasted them into the script.

I am not sure why it is but flashers don't seem to change brightness when you change between Day, Night and Dark Night. I figured out a work around where I added two flashers at the same location and made one brighter than the other. Then I created this code where I can switch between the 2 flashers or turn them off while at the same time change the lighting options by pressing the Special 1 key. Pretty cool.

This is the code I used.

I do have a question. Are flashers affected by BAM's Day/Night modes?

THANK YOU!

George

Code:
see code in later posting

Last edited by GeorgeH on Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:38 am 

Guys,

I am going to use the option to control the light system in the script on a table that I will post. I was surprised to find Rav added "Post Processing" to the list of things that can be scripted. I am thinking I may not include this line because it includes adjustments for Brightness and Contrast and a few other things that tend to be somewhat different from one brand of monitor to the next.

I haven't tested it yet but I think I can delete the line for "Post Processing" and it will use the end user's settings.

What do you you guys think? Should we change the end users settings for Brightness and Contrast (and the other "Post Processing" parameters) or should we not change them and let the end user use their own settings?

George

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:33 am 

I think lights you sets work on a intended settings of envioroment, cjhanging that change the way the lights looks, so im with give all the things set, and end user change it if they dont like, that is better IMO than try to figure out what the autor have used.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:33 pm 

Thanks Francisco. I guess you are right. The end user can change it if they don't like it.

George

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:06 pm 

Guys,

I discovered that you do not want to use the nvR1 thru nvR16 save codes for the light settings like I posted previously. It will basically defeat the end user being able to change the light settings if they press the Special 1 key and decide they do not like the settings. If you use one of these save codes and the end user changes the settings, the settings will be set back to the last key press of the Special 1 key. This would be the code you want to use and you will need to a a dim for lighting. BAM saves the settings for lighting anyway so there is no need to use the save codes.

Code:
   If (KeyCode = GetKeyCode(Special1Key)) and BAM_VERSION => 254 Then ' If you use this code, be sure to add a Dim for Lighting.
      Lighting = Lighting + 1: PlaySound "everythingelsed"
      Select Case Lighting
         Case 1
         Flasher9.State = bulbbon: Flasher10.State = bulboff ' Day
         xBAM.Lights.EnableNewRenderer             = TRUE
         xBAM.Lights.MainLightLock                 = FALSE
         xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightPosition                 0,    650,    500
         xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightProperties               1,      0.8,    0.4,   0.15
         xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightAttenuation              1,      0,      0
         xBAM.Lights.SetOtherLightsAttenuation            3,      0,      1
         xBAM.Lights.EnablePostprocessing          = FALSE
         xBAM.Lights.SetPostprocessing                    1,      0,      1,      1
         xBAM.Lights.SetPostprocessingForNewRenderer      1,      0,      1,      1,    2.2,      1,      1,      1,    0.2
      Case 2
         Flasher9.State = bulbon: Flasher10.State = bulboff ' Night
         xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightProperties               1,    0.6,   0.75,  0.075
         xBAM.Lights.SetOtherLightsAttenuation          0.2,      0,      1
         xBAM.Lights.SetPostprocessingForNewRenderer      1,      0,      1,      1,    2.2,      1,      1,      1,    0.2
      Case 3
         Flasher9.State = bulboff: Flasher10.State = bulbon ' Dark Night (Slamt1lt's Version)
         xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightProperties               1,    0.3,      1,   0.05
         xBAM.Lights.SetOtherLightsAttenuation        0.066,      0,  0.333
         Lighting = 0
      End Select
   End If

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:43 pm 

Not sure I follow...

It depends on your goal

it is true a user defined lighting parameter does not require nvR's as BAM autosaves the users settings

If your lighting script is just in the special1key routine then yes nvR's are redundant

However if a table developer has
a preferred lighting settup he can run the code at table startup
Independent of special1key and this code will trump the BAM default.cfg or BAM table name.cfg file ...

In order to give the user options , you can use the NVR saver to use the table developers settings when nvr1=0 and otherwise it will use the BAM.cfg file..as an example

With monster bash,. I am making nvr10 = 0 when dark night/ new renderer is on

Nvr10= 1 when dark night/ new renderer off
And nvr10 =2 for users default is desired (table name.cfg)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193 ... 225  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner