Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 ... 220  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:44 am 

Try switching off new renderer in BAM,
Most bam features including shadow maps will still work...

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:17 am 

Yes I know but there's a huge difference between the 2 renderers. Fp itself is not well optimized, now that my gfx card is broken I noticed that vpx is lighter, you can have almost the same impact with a lower hardware.
With new renderer in BAM the main problem is the flashers when they blinks you can go from 60 fps to 20.
But ok most modern system are able to handle fp+bam at maximum settings but it would be cool if Rafal could reduce the cpu gpu usage

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:01 pm 

monnezzas wrote:
Yes I know but there's a huge difference between the 2 renderers. Fp itself is not well optimized, now that my gfx card is broken I noticed that vpx is lighter, you can have almost the same impact with a lower hardware.
With new renderer in BAM the main problem is the flashers when they blinks you can go from 60 fps to 20.
But ok most modern system are able to handle fp+bam at maximum settings but it would be cool if Rafal could reduce the cpu gpu usage

Hmmmm this answers my inquiry probably.

I'm running an i7 4770 w/8gb of RAM and a GTX980 4gb model but i've noticed on some games with wild flashers i get TERRIBLE frame rates. For example, Last Action Hero my FPS drops crazy right after launching the ball because there's quite a light show but then normalizes. I was wondering if it was my setup but thought there was no way. Another example is the table Warlock, that won't run smooth at all.

I'm gonna retry LAH again and turn off New Render see if it helps.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:14 am 

If the problem is with flashers, you can open "Video / Rendering Options" and reduce the number of "Hardware Lights to Use". Flashers are hardware lights that require a quite a bit of memory. Reducing "Hardware Lights to Use" will convert some flashers to ordinary bulbs. It is not very desirable but it is better than dealing with a low frame rate.

You might want to look through Step 12 of my guide and maybe read the rest of it:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

George

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:03 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
If the problem is with flashers, you can open "Video / Rendering Options" and reduce the number of "Hardware Lights to Use". Flashers are hardware lights that require a quite a bit of memory. Reducing "Hardware Lights to Use" will convert some flashers to ordinary bulbs. It is not very desirable but it is better than dealing with a low frame rate.

You might want to look through Step 12 of my guide and maybe read the rest of it:

http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

George

I'm gonna need to go through your setup steps and change some things. Strangely enough I've noticed that I get the huge drop in grames on Data East tables (Last Action Hero, Tales from the Crypt and Jurassic Park) Strangely BTTF, Lethal Weapon 3, Checkpoint and PotO run great with max settings. I plan on mixing it up in my cab so if anything I'll just go with the VPX version of those tables, just weird I get that FPS loss. Wish you could set emu settings per table.

I'll try changing up the settings and seeing if i don't lose any quality .

Also I had previously posted that when i load a table, I get a black screen and a quick flash of text when a table loads. the text are all the different elements that load for a table. It happens everytime I open a table even if i've played it multiple times. Is this possibly due to the modified EXE file?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:28 pm 

On Jurasic Park, I have previously found a problem. The "Shakeit" code in the script implements an effect that the author created in order to simulate an earthquake. The whole table is covered with a grid of wire guides that are invisible and are changed from uncollidable to collidable by the "Shakeit" code.

There is an "Execute" command used to make the wire guides uncollidable and collidable when "Shakeit" runs. The execute command triggers your antivirus to scan the executable and uses a lot of CPU power to do it and causes the stuttering. You can try turning off the real time protection on your antivirus when you play this table. It is not too desirable to do that obviously.

You can try to remark out all the lines in the "Shakeit" subroutine between "Sub" and "End Sub". That will probably fix it. Of course the table won't shake though.

You might search the script for the "Execute" command. If you find it, it is probably the cause.

George

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:21 am 

Well that may have been in but I did find the culprit. Seems Windows defender was giving me the issue. at first i attempted to turn down flashers but it seems that wasn't it. Then after reading your guide i remembered the antivirus clause.

Turned off real time scanning and BOOM magic! table worked beautifully!

Tested LAH and Tales from the crypt and they worked perfect as well.

Glad I got that taken care of. back to adding tables to pinballY :)

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 pm 

I checked and both "Last Action Hero" and "Tales from the Crypt" both have execute commands in the script. I wish there was a way to disable real time protection for just FP but I couldn't figure out a way to do this on Windows Defender.

Maybe someone that is better than I am at editing script can fix them. These 3 tables are all nice. If someone wants to remove the execute command from them, I could add dynamic flippers.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:31 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Maybe someone that is better than I am at editing script can fix them. These 3 tables are all nice. If someone wants to remove the execute command from them, I could add dynamic flippers.
George

I used the for, next execute to aboid multiple writes of the same

for example:

for dar=1 to 12
execute "darksur"&dar&".render=false"
next

I use that lines to aboid the write of the same thing multiple times, the previous 3 lines replace this:

darksur1.render=false
darksur2.render=false
darksur3.render=false
darksur4.render=false
darksur5.render=false
darksur6.render=false
darksur7.render=false
darksur8.render=false
darksur9.render=false
darksur10.render=false
darksur11.render=false
darksur12.render=false

So to replace all the executes, you must look at the lines above the execute:
for dar=1 to 12

and replace all with the list of the things wich that instruction do.

Another example, where you can see why I choose that 3 lines:
Code:
   for gg=1 to 34
   execute "gi"&gg&".state=bulbon"
   next

must be replaced with 34 lines:
Code:
gi1.state=bulbon
gi2.state=bulbon
gi3.state=bulbon
gi4.state=bulbon
gi5.state=bulbon
gi6.state=bulbon
(.... continue until...)
gi33.state=bulbon
gi34.state=bulbon

Hope I didn't add confusion :lol:
I'm not a profecional code writer, so I don't know if the same can be done without the execute sorry :oops:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:14 pm 

Code:
' * - Simple bally system, awards 100 or 1000 when lit. Light by Center target bank
Dim SpinnerBulbs(9,9)
Set SpinnerBulbs(1,1)=BulbLeftLoop1
Set SpinnerBulbs(1,2)=BulbLeftLoop2
Set SpinnerBulbs(1,3)=BulbTriggerGuide5
Set SpinnerBulbs(1,4)=BulbLeftLoop3

' Total amount of trigger Bank lights in this group (used for scriptwide For/Next loops)
Const SpinnerCountBulbs = 4                                                

Sub Spinner1_Hit()
      FOR x = 1 TO SpinnerCountBulbs
         SpinnerBulbs(1,x).FlashForMs (MusicIntervalTime), (FlashForMSBlinkInterval), BulbOn
      NEXT
End Sub

Use the set command instead. From fpxEngine here's a small sample code. Because fpx is being setup to handle as many or as little same objects as possible, I set each light, and SpinnerCountBulbs is the total amount of those bulbs that I set. This way, I can add more lights under set or delete as many lights as I want if I want to reuse the code for other tables, without causing errors. It also works a lot better than the execute command and the eval command.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Last edited by blue on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 ... 220  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner