GoPinball.com
http://gopinball.com/forum/

Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3249
Page 169 of 243

Author:  GeorgeH [ Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball

gibsmedat wrote:
Don't mind me, just posting my usual crashlog for the latest version


I get that a lot too. The odd thing is that FP didn't crash. I don't know why it produces this report.

George

Author:  GeorgeH [ Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball

Rafal,

I'm not sure why but when I press "N" or "P" for next or previous custom ball, I don't see the name of the ball anymore. The ball changes but I don't see the name on the screen anymore. The name flashes sometimes so fast that I can't read it. I am using BAM_v1.4-185.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

George

Author:  ravarcade [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball

GeorgeH wrote:
Rafal,

I'm not sure why but when I press "N" or "P" for next or previous custom ball, I don't see the name of the ball anymore. The ball changes but I don't see the name on the screen anymore. The name flashes sometimes so fast that I can't read it. I am using BAM_v1.4-185.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

George

I tried to reproduce error without luck.
It is on specific table or on all tables?
Can you try without backglass display?
Can you send me you bam config files?

Author:  GeorgeH [ Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball

ravarcade wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
Rafal,

I'm not sure why but when I press "N" or "P" for next or previous custom ball, I don't see the name of the ball anymore. The ball changes but I don't see the name on the screen anymore. The name flashes sometimes so fast that I can't read it. I am using BAM_v1.4-185.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

George

I tried to reproduce error without luck.
It is on specific table or on all tables?
Can you try without backglass display?
Can you send me you bam config files?


This occurs on all tables.

I don't ever use a backglass. I always have the display set to the playfield.

Here are my files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hi33cnwiiwy0 ... jXQZa?dl=0

George

Author:  GeorgeH [ Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball

Rav,

I have a request for a small enhancement. I like your new high score screen but the numbers are difficult to read without the separators between every 3 digits. I think you may have taken them out because of the different conventions that are used in different countries but you could provide an option in the setup menu for the different separators like a comma (,) period (.) or a space ( ). You might even provide an options to make it appear as it does now with no separators.

If this enhancement would reduce the number of digits that you could get for a 15 digit score, then let's not do it.

George

Author:  ravarcade [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball

GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

I have a request for a small enhancement. I like your new high score screen but the numbers are difficult to read without the separators between every 3 digits. I think you may have taken them out because of the different conventions that are used in different countries but you could provide an option in the setup menu for the different separators like a comma (,) period (.) or a space ( ). You might even provide an options to make it appear as it does now with no separators.

If this enhancement would reduce the number of digits that you could get for a 15 digit score, then let's not do it.

George

Try this version:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM_v1.4-186.zip
You can select between space/comma/dot .
Missing ball names should be visible now.

Author:  GeorgeH [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball

ravarcade wrote:
Try this version:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM_v1.4-186.zip
You can select between space/comma/dot .
Missing ball names should be visible now.


Cool! The ball name is visible now.

It is great to have the options for the separators. It makes it so I can read the score now. My only comment is the separator should be a global option that is used for all tables. It looks like this option has to be changed for each table. I'm pretty sure everyone will want their selection to be used for all tables.

There is a minor issue. The score gets pasted over the players initials when you have a 15 digit score on the highest score in the bright green. It is probably not worth fixing because it will be extremely rare that someone will get a score that high.

The scoring for 15 digits still works with the changes. We should probably let everyone know that the old high score list does not support 15 digits. We have to use your new score list to display all the digits. If you use it though, it does not produce an error if you exceed 10 digits.

George

Author:  GeorgeH [ Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball

Rav,

I performed some additional testing. I verified that the default value of the separator (a space) is applied to all tables. However, if you change the space to one of the other options like a comma, then you have to change the separator on each individual table. Would you fix it so that changes to the separator are applied globally to all tables?

George

Author:  ravarcade [ Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball

GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

I performed some additional testing. I verified that the default value of the separator (a space) is applied to all tables. However, if you change the space to one of the other options like a comma, then you have to change the separator on each individual table. Would you fix it so that changes to the separator are applied globally to all tables?

George

Update:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM_v1.4-186.zip

Now it wil save selected score separator as global value.

Author:  GeorgeH [ Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball

ravarcade wrote:
Update:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM_v1.4-186.zip

Now it wil save selected score separator as global value.


Nice!!! Works perfectly!

Thanks,

George

Page 169 of 243 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/