Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 225  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:50 pm 

Rav,

I think the guys that use VR headsets like the standard game room that FP provides when you check "Render the Game Room" on the "Video / Rendering Options". It is useful if the table does not have a game room built into it. It is pretty inconvenient in the way it works. You have to know in advance if the table you are about to play has a game room built into it. If the table does not have a game room, then you have to check the box in the FP editor before you play the table. If you have it checked when you play a table that has a game room, the standard room overlays on top of the room the author of the table created and different objects cut into each other. Try opening the "Jurassic Park" table with the "Render the Game Room" option checked and you will see what I mean.

I have an idea on how to fix this. I thought we could add an option to BAM's "Redefine Keys" so the user can set and change a key that toggles the standard game room on and off while a game is in progress. You could use the setting of the "Render the Game Room" as the default, checked or unchecked. If you want to get fancy, you could save the setting to the fpRam file so the next time you open the table, it will load the setting that was used last.

I don't have a VR headset but I think this would be a nice option for those that have one.

George

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:37 pm 

I agree that would be a good feature.
personally I find it is no big deal to add the following to the script:

Code:
xBAM.GameRoom = False

Then you can leave the render arcade room on all the time for those tables without alternate rooms

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:45 am 

Gimli wrote:
I agree that would be a good feature.
personally I find it is no big deal to add the following to the script:

Code:
xBAM.GameRoom = False

Then you can leave the render arcade room on all the time for those tables without alternate rooms

I take it that you have to add this code to the script of all your tables where the author has added his own game room and that this code turns the standard FP game room off.

I think this option would be useful but you would still have to go through all your tables and add the code to tables that have a manually added table.

Lets see what Rav has to say. If he can do the mod as I suggest without a lot of difficulty, I think it would be worth doing. It it takes a lot of time, it would probably wouldn't be worth doing.

George

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:22 pm 

Quote:
I take it that you have to add this code to the script of all your tables where the author has added his own game room and that this code turns the standard FP game room off.

Yes that's exactly correct
It takes seconds to do, of course you must be using BAM.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:58 am 

Small update.
http://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM_v1.4-189.zip
http://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM-OpenVR.zip
http://www.ravarcade.pl/files/bam-setup.exe

- Added all XML/ZIPs for GeorgeH
- Added key "Game Room On/Off" (not assigned by default, you need to set it if you want to use)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:04 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
Small update.
http://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM_v1.4-189.zip
http://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM-OpenVR.zip
http://www.ravarcade.pl/files/bam-setup.exe

- Added all XML/ZIPs for GeorgeH
- Added key "Game Room On/Off" (not assigned by default, you need to set it if you want to use)

Wow that was fast! I sort of anticipated that it wouldn't be too difficult.

It works well!

Guys, If you want to use this, you need to open the BAM menu for "Redefine Keys". Then arrow down to "Game Room On/Off", press "Enter" and then press the key that you want to use to turn the game room on. I used the "R" key which stands for room.

The option won't work unless you you check the box for "Render the Game Room" on the "Video / Rendering Options" in the FP editor. If you uncheck the box for "Render the Game Room", the game room will be permanently off regardless as to whether you press the "Game Room On/Off" toggle key. The option will not save your setting so you might to use Gimli's code above after you finish playing a game and know whether the table has game room that the author of the table added.

George

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:56 am 

Rav,

Thanks for adding the XML and ZIP files!

You can delete the "fp-org.xml" file. It is the same as "fp-p1.0.xml". I changed the name of it because "fp-org.xml" can be confusing to new people. "Org" could mean "original" as I think you intended but it could mean other things too. Pinsimdb also has a tage that says "Physics 1.0" also so it makes sense to rename this.

You can delete "FP slamtilt rubbers.xml" also. It is identical to "fp-p2.5 slamtilt rubbers.xml". I renamed it because it only has 3 parameters that are different from "fp-p2.5.xml". ... So I consider "fp-p2.5 slamtilt rubbers.xml" to be a variation of "fp-p2.5.xml". I am sure either would work when Physics 2.5 is required.

Guys,

When you open the XML file with Notepad, you can see the version of physics at the beginning of the file. This will help you identify the version of physics after you change the name of the XML file when you use it.

George

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:44 am 

@GeorgeH:
ZIP & BAM-Setup updated. "fp-org.xml" & "FP slamtilt rubbers.xml" removed.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:22 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
@GeorgeH:
ZIP & BAM-Setup updated. "fp-org.xml" & "FP slamtilt rubbers.xml" removed.

Thanks Rav!

George

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:15 am 

I have revised Step 7 of my BAM installation instructions to show the new contents of the XML folder. The guide is available here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5544&p=77455#p77455

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 225  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner