Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:36 am 

Yep all the BAM stuff will work :D

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:46 am 

drakko91 wrote:
oooh it's great guys !!
so, I'm summarizing - I use the ZED version (64bits?) to exceed the limit of the objects (no other way during the creation) but it can be then used by any FP.exe without blocking
while keeping in mind that anyway it will have to have BAM (and logically if you know how to download / install BAM, it is quite accessible to use the custom exe...)
another stupid question ... it's will not interfere with the creation of a custom physics (dynamic flippers, blahblah)? i think not, but before igniting... :roll:

I've never actually used the 32 bit Zed version but it probably works the same as the 64 bit version.

I looked through the comments on the Zed version of Lord of the Rings. Nobody posted any issues with the number of objects.

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-6 ... _the_rings

If the moderators ever release my latest version of Medieval Madness, you can copy the coding for dynamic flippers out of it and paste into your table. It uses 2 constants to input the 2 omega values for the flippers which is easier than the way I did it on Phantom of the Opera. The same formula is used on both tables. It only differs in the way the omegas are input. You can use the XML file that is in there also but you might want to create your own. I always start creating physics by using an external XML file and then add it to the script when I am done. To add the XML to the script when done, just open the physics option in BAM. Then hold down both Ctrl and Shift at the same time and then press "C" to copy it to the clipboard. Then paste it into the script. You need to save the table before the XML file in the script will work. I am used to being able to test changes in the script without saving changes but that does not work on XML files pasted into the script.

One final note is that there is a different way of copying the XML to the script on the physics screen in BAM. You can press Ctrl and then "C" to copy it to the clipboard. This method pastes into the script as red colored coding. Do not use this method. Rav told me that BAM uses some of the parameters in the file but NOT all. So when you paste the XML file into the script be sure it is green in color and not red when you paste it.

George

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:06 am 

Thank you for your information GeorgeH. ;)
I just noticed that your version of Medieval Madness was released on PinSim (and that the damsel in distress was much sexier on the version of Slam than on the original :lol: ) - so i will test tonight to see in real time how you create a modified physics ...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:45 am 

Yeah, again sorry for the delay GeorgeH.
If you wish I can give you the rights to moderate tables at pinSimDB ;)

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:04 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
If the moderators ever release my latest version of Medieval Madness, you can copy the coding for dynamic flippers out of it and paste into your table.

This one http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... s_ultimate ?

For me, PinSimDB is up to date.

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:22 am 

Thanks LVR and Popotte !
I definitely would vote for George to help moderate at Pinsimdb. At very least to help remove the constant spam comments

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:38 am 

Hey, I am Alex, LvR is my alter-ego ;)

I'm finally at home (Hooray) with a fiber optic connection (1Gb down / 250Mb up) and I have some free time this week-end (well I'm on call this saturday for work but with nothing to do, just waiting near my computer).

So regarding the spam:
- I'm going to modify the comment section and detect if it contains a clickable link. If so, it will be considered as SPAM. Of course, I will remove the possibility to have links in comments - plain text URL will be possible. I have a way to identify SPAM directly in the database (with some queries using keywords like "essay" and so on)
- If I have enough time, I'll try to install google recaptcha in the registration form (https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3beta.html).
- In the forum: I'm going to make it work on my home machine and try an upgrade to latest phpbb software - and see what happens ;)

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:12 am 

Hey that's great Alex !
Thanks

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:05 am 

TheNalex wrote:
Yeah, again sorry for the delay GeorgeH.
If you wish I can give you the rights to moderate tables at pinSimDB ;)

Are just you and Popotte the only moderators left? If you want to give me the rights, I can moderate. You will have to let me know what you guys look for.

I think I would hold off on installing reCAPTCHA. It might drive away the few commenters we have. To me, not allowing hyperlinks in the comments is a better fix. It is a bit limiting but how many posts have legitimate links? I would say almost none.

Popotte wrote:
This one http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... s_ultimate ?

For me, PinSimDB is up to date.

That is the postingt. It took a little while but it is posted now. ...But it is OK if it just the 2 of you guys, I can see why is might take a while.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner