Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post subject: Kinect Not Found (360)
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:45 am 

I've had a cab for a few years now, running an older version of BAM. I recently decided to try to get 3D head tracking to work using my 360 Kinect. I bought an external power supply for it, and installed the SDK, and updated to the latest version of BAM and FP. At first, everything looked great, and I was able to use the automatic 3 step calibration, which "succeeded". But when using the plugin, head tracking didn't work. The CAM position stayed static.

Somewhere along the line I started getting the "Kinect not found, plugin disabled" message, and now that's all I get. Strangely, though, when I use the BAM-Tracker.exe, it seems to work perfectly. I get X, Y, and Z values that track with my movements, so I know the kinect is working. I tried starting from scratch by installing a fresh copy of BAM, but it still wouldn't recognize my kinect, and at that point, even the BAM-Tracker.exe didn't see the kinect. So I reverted back to the old set of files, and the BAM-Tracker.exe works again, but the BAM menu still says "kinect not found". Any ideas of what to try from here?

Thanks in advance!!

Post subject: Re: Kinect Not Found (360)
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:54 pm 

DO NOT RUN BAM-TRACKER.EXE WHEN YOU WANT TO PLAY FUTURE PINBALL.

If you run BAM-TRACKER.EXE it will be first program using Kinect device and FP will not have access to it.
You should use BAM-TRACKER only to play TPA and you must exit it before you run BAM/FP.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:09 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
DO NOT RUN BAM-TRACKER.EXE WHEN YOU WANT TO PLAY FUTURE PINBALL.

If you run BAM-TRACKER.EXE it will be first program using Kinect device and FP will not have access to it.
You should use BAM-TRACKER only to play TPA and you must exit it before you run BAM/FP.

Hi ravarcade, thanks for the info, that is good to know. However, I tried restarting the PC just to be sure, and sure enough, even without opening BAM-tracker.exe first, I'm still getting the Kinect not found message in BAM. Any other ideas on what to try?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:33 pm 

Start with your old BAM version. Same, when BAM-Tracker.exe is working correct.
This version should work fine in FP. (remember: close BAM-Tracker.exe).

Remember, that only 1 program can use kinect. If you run any other, like Kinect demo/test, you must exit from this program.

If you still have problems and/or all versions of "BAM-Tracker.exe" don't work, please check few Kinect samples/demos. (they are part of SDK, https://kinectforwindows.codeplex.com/) If they don't work or they freez after few seconds when problem is not in FP or BAM.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:49 am 

Since you mentioned BAM-Tracker.exe working with TBA, I downloaded Steam and TBA (and your BAM for TBA zip) to see if I could get that to work, and it did! Then, when I closed out TBA, closed out BAM-Tracker.exe and opened an FP game, my Kinect was suddenly being recognized again by BAM and it started working! Not sure why it didn't work the first time, or after a restart, but it's working now, and it's really cool! Awesome work, my friend!!

Thanks again for the support!

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner