Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Custom balls
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:34 am 

I updated the first post :)

I added Packs 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12

Some other authors have made contributions this time round :P
I also added Gimli's Pack and GeorgeH's packs 1 and 2

Pack suggestions will come later

8-)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:29 pm 

Checkout Ravs demo table in the new
Miniplayfield beta and take custom balls to next level!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:54 am 

@miownkhan:
See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6214

Now you can make ball invisible or semi transparend and you can attache to it mini-playfield. That mini-playfield can move for example above ball or inside transparent/invisible ball and rotate like ball.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:19 pm 

Thanks for this :P

Great work as always 8-)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:05 pm 

BALL PACK 2 is a dead link :cry:
can some help me with "Creating Custom Balls" ?
...when i use 7-zip to zip up a Ball folder and start a table with BAM this created zip(Ball) file won't show up.
by the way ...not sure what so wrong -i gave Paint.net a try to the save the bmp's only available in 16 & 24 bit may is that the wrong tool to edit the ball textures ???
all other Balls 'r showN up in FP/BAM...only my own custom balls won't work
please someone've to tell me what to do "...BAM/Balls/mywhatsoeverball.zip" :? nothing

:lol: EDIT by me Later... i figure that out ..don't put the 3 bmp's in a sub folder called BMP inside just zip up your 3 bmp's in your "BALL-NAME" folder.
here you go "269.bmp - 334.bmp - 452.bmp" inside "BALLS of Steel".zip
and not "Balls of steel.zip / BMP / "269.bmp - 334.bmp - 452.bmp"
it tooked me 2 days -YiKES! :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:59 pm 

kiddykokane wrote:
...when i use 7-zip to zip up a Ball folder and start a table with BAM this created zip(Ball) file won't show up.
by the way ...not sure what so wrong -i gave Paint.net a try to the save the bmp's only available in 16 & 24 bit may is that the wrong tool to edit the ball textures ???
please someone've to tell me what to do "...BAM/Balls/mywhatsoeverball.zip" :? nothing

:lol: EDIT by me Later... i figure that out ..don't put the 3 bmp's in a sub folder called BMP inside just zip up your 3 bmp's in your "BALL-NAME" folder.

I think you should be able to get Pack 2 from here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinres/entry-16 ... m_pinballs

Paint allows you to save a BMP file as 24 bit by using the file "Save As" option and select the BMP save option and select "Save as Type" as "24 bit Bitmap". I think that Ravarcade has fixed the bug in BAM so you don't need to use 24 bit files now.

I'm surprised that the balls work by not zipping them into a BMP folder but as long as it works I guess it is OK. I don't have any experience using the 7z program so I can't help you there. I assume you are just using 7z program and are saving the files to a *.zip format and not *.7z.

George

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:26 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
kiddykokane wrote:

I think you should be able to get Pack 2 from here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinres/entry-16 ... m_pinballs

Paint allows you to save a BMP file as 24 bit by using the file "Save As" option and select the BMP save option and select "Save as Type" as "24 bit Bitmap". I think that Ravarcade has fixed the bug in BAM so you don't need to use 24 bit files now.

I'm surprised that the balls work by not zipping them into a BMP folder but as long as it works I guess it is OK. I don't have any experience using the 7z program so I can't help you there. I assume you are just using 7z program and are saving the files to a *.zip format and not *.7z.

George

Thanks for the Link George
now i give up for tonight...don't know what'So wrong build a couple new images but in this case it won't work no more-..You know what's real wired ... even if i unzip and zip it again with working balls it won't shown up in game again . i use 7zip , paint.net or paint shop it doesn't madder I'm so confused cuz it don't makes any sense no more - nore or neither i tryed it all... bmps 24bit ,resolution 64x64, with BMP sub folder or without or no Capital letter anything but it still won't work ...it's really funny the only one who's showin up is dat one without the subfolder inside at least i can't figure that out :shock:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:34 pm 

I am using winrar and I always have to choose the .zip format (instead of the recommended .rar format) for the archive. Maybe you have to click in the menu any button to change the format?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:31 pm 

kiddykokane wrote:
Thanks for the Link George
now i give up for tonight...don't know what'So wrong build a couple new images but in this case it won't work no more-..You know what's real wired ... even if i unzip and zip it again with working balls it won't shown up in game again . i use 7zip , paint.net or paint shop it doesn't madder I'm so confused cuz it don't makes any sense no more - nore or neither i tryed it all... bmps 24bit ,resolution 64x64, with BMP sub folder or without or no Capital letter anything but it still won't work ...it's really funny the only one who's showin up is dat one without the subfolder inside at least i can't figure that out :shock:

I have not used 7 zip but most compression programs provide right click context menus. When you have the Windows "File Explorer" open (or any file manager), try right clicking on the BMP folder where you saved the images for your balls. Hopefully, it will have an option to compress it to a *.zip file. Then you can just rename the file with the name of the table where you want to use it and that should take care of it.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner