Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:02 pm 

Nitronimbus wrote:
Hi All,
Thought someone else might find this info helpful.
I am currently doing a MOD for The Good Bad and The Ugly add the line xBAM.CreateAllExt() to the script and table crashed over and over. Remove xBAM table works, added back xBAM but moved the table to a different folder presto! all working again. So I started looking for a solution as I had bmp, jpg, tga, mp3 and ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs in the same folder as the GBU table.

Renamed the folder, re-pasted the working table back into the folder, restarted PC, nope still crashed. So I removed all files except for the GBU Table file, presto! all working again.
So I started adding the previous files back one by one no crash until I added back the ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs. Restart PC nope table crashed, remove ZBR.vbs all good again. I have had the ZBR.vbs with table files before without issue. So I replace the troublesome ZBR.vbs with a fresh copy into the table folder. Presto! all working again.
It's very odd that only when a table crashes is seems to damage the vbs file? and only when using xBAM.CreateAllExt().
There is no need to have ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs in the table folder it should be in a Scripts folder in the Future Pinball Folder. But I am certain I am not the only one who also had a copy in the table folder. Hopefully this helps anyone who is having crash issues, cheers!

Yes....this is a common issue, even with VPX. vbs files should only be in the "Scripts" folder...no where else.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:03 pm 

Ravarcade... for the new Frame Limiter option....

Some people found they needed to set that to "off" for RetroFlair - BAM to play smoothly.

Where is that setting saved? Is it a global setting? What is the "default" setting for that if tables had a BAM cfg before that feature came out?

I'm just trying to figure out what to tell people what kind of settings they should use for first time setup of BAM and FP.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:29 am 

Ravarcade...

There seems to be an issue with Custom Balls and "Arcade Mode".

On my latest RetroFlair - BAM update (1.1a) I have a PacMan mode that calls a Custom Pac-Man ball in that mode. The ball is yellow with a Pac-Man face (its a modified version of the pac-man ball in one of the custom balls packs).

If "Arcade Mode" in Video / Rendering options is enabled for 2 screen cabinet users, then the ball only appears as yellow, but the pacman "face" texture doesn't appear. If you disable "Arcade Mode", then the pacman face texture is back.

2 screen cabinet users "must" have "Arcade Mode" enabled, or Overlay videos, timers and other things in the table will run way too fast. "Force Arcade Mode" won't help with that problem no matter what (you only see this with a second screen enabled)

So there isn't a working solution for Custom Balls in table script and Arcade Mode enabled in a 2 screen setup.

(I don't mean cycling balls with N key, that works)

You can test my table with the RetroFlair-BAM link I posted earlier.

Thanks for anything you can do Rav.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:02 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
... On my latest RetroFlair - BAM update (1.1a).... Pac Man ball ...
If "Arcade Mode" in Video / Rendering options is enabled ...

There is limitation in FP.
If "Arcade Mode" in Video / Rendering options is enabled, FP for surface don't use Enamel Map texture. So only 2 textures (not 3) from hidden surfaces are loaded.
Source of problem:
On PacManBall_269 & DefaultBall surface you have as Enamel Map "Ball_PacMan_452" & "Ball_Default_452" are not loaded.
Solution:
Add one more "hidden" surface and assign "Ball_PacMan_452 & "Ball_Default_452" to Top & Side texture.

---------------------------------
BAM release v.267
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/bam-setup.exe
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/FP-BAM-setup.exe
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM_v1.4-267.zip

... all previous changes + fixed xBAM.Camera.Mode value (=1) in FP ArcadeMode.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:01 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
TerryRed wrote:
... On my latest RetroFlair - BAM update (1.1a).... Pac Man ball ...
If "Arcade Mode" in Video / Rendering options is enabled ...

There is limitation in FP.
If "Arcade Mode" in Video / Rendering options is enabled, FP for surface don't use Enamel Map texture. So only 2 textures (not 3) from hidden surfaces are loaded.
Source of problem:
On PacManBall_269 & DefaultBall surface you have as Enamel Map "Ball_PacMan_452" & "Ball_Default_452" are not loaded.
Solution:
Add one more "hidden" surface and assign "Ball_PacMan_452 & "Ball_Default_452" to Top & Side texture.

---------------------------------
BAM release v.267
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/bam-setup.exe
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/FP-BAM-setup.exe
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM_v1.4-267.zip

... all previous changes + fixed xBAM.Camera.Mode value (=1) in FP ArcadeMode.

Oh, wow.... that's a VERY important thing to know!

I will need to change up a lot for RetroFlair then as I used the enamel maps for many things. I haven't been on my cabinet lately due to a sore neck and back, so that's why I probably didnt notice, since I've been mostly testing on desktop.

@Gimli

It would be a good idea to update your guides and tell people to NEVER use the enamel map for this function, as tables will be messed up for cabinet views.

In fact, I think that was probably SLAM's issue with Jaws U-Pro when his red PF texture was corrupted.

Rav, thanks VERY much for the update.

The newer version of RetroFlair will have these fixes, and I'm now adding PUPDMD support to it...and it's looking very cool!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:37 pm 

Terry,

I think pincab users might see another advantage when using Force Arcade Mode. I worked with someone for a long time once on "Dead Hunters" to get the segmented display to work. The display is placed on the back wall of the table (which is the short rectangle below the back glass on the translite option). "Arcade Mode" makes it so you can't see the segmented display. Using Force Arcade Mode makes it so you can see it. I am not sure but Force Arcade Mode may require more memory.

George

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:45 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Terry,

I think pincab users might see another advantage when using Force Arcade Mode. I worked with someone for a long time once on "Dead Hunters" to get the segmented display to work. The display is placed on the back wall of the table (which is the short rectangle below the back glass on the translite option). "Arcade Mode" makes it so you can't see the segmented display. Using Force Arcade Mode makes it so you can see it. I am not sure but Force Arcade Mode may require more memory.

George

I agree with you...and I'm actually recommending that now for similar reasons. Some things like cabinet guide rails, and older SLAM BTTF time scores also benefit from that as well.

This new fix in bam is more for those cabinet users who didn't have Force Arcade Mode enabled, and then PinEvent wouldn't correctly work for them. Eliminating more trouble shooting on their part.

Not worried about memory usage as cabinet users should have a decent PC as is.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:56 pm 

TerryRed wrote:

@Gimli

It would be a good idea to update your guides and tell people to NEVER use the enamel map for this function, as tables will be messed up for cabinet views.

In fact, I think that was probably SLAM's issue with Jaws U-Pro when his red PF texture was corrupted.

Done. I think.
I also added a playfield, translite, cabinet textures swap info to the section on texture swapping...
viewtopic.php?nomobile=f=55&t=6587&p=85592#p85592

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:15 pm 

Gimli wrote:
TerryRed wrote:

@Gimli

Done. I think.
I also added a playfield, translite, cabinet textures swap info to the section on texture swapping...
http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... 592#p85592

Awesome...thanks!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:06 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Terry,

George

This I didn't know. I always wondered why i couldn't see the backwall in BTTF and I ended up getting the Zed modded version.

I will go back and enable Force Arcade Mode to see if the original Slam table works correctly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner