Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Re: No Backglass rendering (resolved)
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:49 pm 

I finally found the answer to my problem. It was hidden in a post by open6l back around 2015, I think. It has to do with installing Zedpinball physics 1.1. It contained a file called opengl32.dll. Apparently this version of the file was not compatible with translites and DMD and would cause crashes. Deleting it solved the problems.

Post subject: Re: No Backglass rendering
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:57 pm 

I wan't aware you were using the Zed exe. I have found all the extra files included in the download can mess everything up. Just use the exe and not use any of that other stuff.

I have found some of the guys say they can't get their front end program to work when that use the Zed exe. I hope you don't have any more problems.

George

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:38 am 

Actually George, I can't remember using Zed.exe, but I did 'cause I still had the .zip file with the offending dll in my archives. I must have installed it before I started using a second monitor. And that's why I couldn't figure out what was causing the bloom effects either, which I didn't really want.
I don't think I'm going to have any problems from here on in. I now have to just fine tune the tables with the appropriate xml files so they play a bit more realistcally than they do now with a just a Physics 2.6 default XMl.

Happy Trails

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:33 pm 

I run an i7-4770, 8gb DDR3 ram and a GTX 980 for dual screen, FullHD with max settings running FP, VPX and Pinball FX3. I could possibly do 4k but @ 27" the benefits of a 4k screen are next to none. I may upgrade to 2k but my actual want is a 144hz 1080p free sync.

If all you plan on doing is running FP dual screen you can get away with a 600 or 700 series GTX card, but if you plan to run other pinball emulation in a cabinet settings, a low level gaming pc would be good.

In essence, find an old Dell optiplex with an i5 and upgrade it. Depending on if you want to do 4k or not at the bare minimum do 1050 and of course an SSD

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help