Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Moving DMD from playfield to backglass
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:14 pm 

Hi everyone,

With SLAMS new releases, there are a few tables he released that never had a DMD in real life (Strikes and Spares and Xenon as examples). I was able to move the movie clips to the backglass using the option "render on translite" but that option is not available for a DMD.

So how would I go about moving it to the backglass? I'm assuming you will tell me that I need to create a new one but not sure how if that is the way to go.

This is for cabinet use in case you are wondering.

Post subject: Re: Moving DMD from playfield to backglass
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:36 pm 

You have to add a new DMD and delete the old HUD DMD.

The second icon from the right on the translite is the option for displays. There is an option for "Create a Dot Matrix Display" and another for "Create a Dot Matrix Display (HUD)". Click on "Create a Dot Matrix Display" and then click somewhere on the translite. A new DMD will be displayed on Layer 1. Click on the HUD DMD and highlight the name of the HUD DMD and hold down the Ctrl key and type "C" to copy. Delete the HUD DMD. Click on the DMD you created and highlight the default name and hold down the Ctrl key and type "V" to paste. Move the DMD to where you want it and save.

You need to use the same name of the HUD DMD so the script will work with the new DMD. It will probably have HUD in the name somewhere but the new DMD will still work with the script without changing it.

This same process is used for segmented displays.

You will need to change the script if the old HUD DMD used any fade in or fade out coding. The translite DMD will produce error messages if you use the fade coding. You will just have to remove it so the DMD will always be on. The fade coding will only work on HUD DMDs.

George

Post subject: Re: Moving DMD from playfield to backglass
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:10 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
You have to add a new DMD and delete the old HUD DMD.

The second icon from the right on the translite is the option for displays. There is an option for "Create a Dot Matrix Display" and another for "Create a Dot Matrix Display (HUD)". Click on "Create a Dot Matrix Display" and then click somewhere on the translite. A new DMD will be displayed on Layer 1. Click on the HUD DMD and highlight the name of the HUD DMD and hold down the Ctrl key and type "C" to copy. Delete the HUD DMD. Click on the DMD you created and highlight the default name and hold down the Ctrl key and type "V" to paste. Move the DMD to where you want it and save.

You need to use the same name of the HUD DMD so the script will work with the new DMD. It will probably have HUD in the name somewhere but the new DMD will still work with the script without changing it.

This same process is used for segmented displays.

You will need to change the script if the old HUD DMD used any fade in or fade out coding. The translite DMD will produce error messages if you use the fade coding. You will just have to remove it so the DMD will always be on. The fade coding will only work on HUD DMDs.

George

Thanks George, that was super easy to do in the end! Worked like a charm for Xenon so I will apply the same for the other ones I was looking to edit. Good info on the fade as well. Thanks again!

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help