Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Text Turns Black on Table Info
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:50 pm 

keep us up to date!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:01 pm 

Damn! You guys are making me crazy with the BB stuff!
Since I HAVEN'T that problem (thinking of that, I found that there's 2 OpenGL32.dll modded versions! One for Ledwiz.dll and another one for FTDIxx.dll), a volunteer to:
- Test 1) Reboot the pc in safe mode and test just the "Table Info". Change the color [OK] and then see if the color returns to black.
- Test 2) Boot in safe mode VGA compatible driver and do the same.
I want to test my idea of the Drivers related to OpenGL messing with the BB.
:)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:59 am 

Ok so an update: None of the FP releases have the table info dialog working where you can change the font color.

On a plus side I've gotten the hex editor figured out enough and was able to adjust the font color. What is important to know is that only FP 2.5 R2 allowed the externally modified fpt file to run. I was getting "The file seems corrupted" error on 2.6, though I think there might be a few 2.6 versions out there.

To change the font color I ended up using frhed (link) since I don't have VS installed yet on my laptop.

I did a hex search for the existing color (in frhed Ctrl+F and <bh:e0><bh:00><bh:00>) and changed it. Note the hex colors are near the table name and table author listed in the fpt file.

Hope this helps
-mark

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:24 am 

sorry, this is all chinese to me (sorry for the asian guys on the board, this is just an expression :) ). I manage to found about 131 things with that <bh:e0><bh:00><bh:00> tag

1. Should I change them all?
2. Why in hell can someone make an easy wysiwyg patch?
(BP : not related to a specific version of FP as I still like to use the original 1.9)

thx

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:39 am 

I asked zillion times to "test" stuff and not lot of answers (some, it's true) but I see a lot of posts saying the same thing with diferent words and the same ideas. I haven't heard anything NEW or fresh theory. :(
Now we're HEXediting the table??? (not that there is something wrong with that)

I mean, I was trying to get to WHAT is causing that not the "How to resolve". I thought that maybe others could also try to find or at least speculate on what could be doing that...
I'm no expert. Those who "know" me, know that I even can't do a simple table alone. lol

I't my fault. I'm an arrogant "he thinks he knows all" and I thought "I" can fix that. lol
I'm a "AnswerPostsHOLIC". A maniac of the answering. lol
Sometimes, I piss outside the bucket and think I could be the OmniFIXER. arf arf arf.

Jokes apart... I give up my "Black Bar, I can do it" megalo idea.

Good luck :)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:26 am 

at least, everyone can acknowledge that this is a real problem and that it should be fixed somehow.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:14 pm 

HappyCab wrote:
sorry, this is all chinese to me

LOL I just told my daughter (9 yo) a phrase just like this yesterday: "sorry, that's greek to me". :)

HappyCab wrote:
I manage to found about 131 things with that <bh:e0><bh:00><bh:00> tag

Yeah I started doing the same thing one at a time. I found the correct location finally and realized the easiest way is to start from the end of the file (ctrl+end) and search backwards (in Frhed F3 is find next backwards). Eventually you'll find it near the table name you have (see image below)
(edit: you'll note in the image above I was testing out changing the text color to be e0, e0, e0 or RGB 224, 224, 224)

HappyCab wrote:
(BP : not related to a specific version of FP as I still like to use the original 1.9)

I think this is the worst part about this bug. I can't even change the title of my table in the loading screen without the color going to black, but _requiring_ someone to not use 1.9 just to play the table troubling.

Requiring BAM is one thing and easily acquired (we have links here on gopinball and pinsimdb). I can get behind that. For 2.5 r2 or any other modded FP EXE, well it isn't easy to find these EXEs and trust that it doesn't have a virus or such.

blackphoenixpt wrote:
I was trying to get to WHAT is causing that not the "How to resolve".

The _what_ is very hard to figure out. Someone who has done the modding of FP would need to debug FP and watch the memory location where the table color is stored and what calls are done. It seems like there is a bug in the function used to calculate RGB value. I'm not sure if that is an OpenGL call or just custom code.

-mark

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:21 pm 

I've noticed that is a bad idea to launch FP in XP compatibility mode and that causes bug (like image lists). FP should be run in administrator mode, nut not in compatibility mod

I have made some tests and when the FP is launched on normal mode, I have no problem with the black Text... Colors stays.

(I use FP 1.9)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:06 pm 

Don't PM me anymore. I'm gonna remove my account.
I'm leaving so... goodbye and have a nice life.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:07 pm 

astragor wrote:
I've noticed that is a bad idea to launch FP in XP compatibility mode and that causes bug (like image lists). FP should be run in administrator mode, nut not in compatibility mod

I have made some tests and when the FP is launched on normal mode, I have no problem with the black Text... Colors stays.

(I use FP 1.9)

Thanks for that info! Are you running on Win 7 or Win 8/8.1?

-mark

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help