Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: [Solved by New BAM DLL] Text Turns Black on Table Info
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:13 am 

I found a glitch on FP that whenever I change data on the "Table Info" screen the text turns black. All I can do it to keep playing with it and eventually I can get it to save the color I want but with great persistence. Have any of you guys figured out a way around this?

Update 7/20/15 - This issue turned out to be more widespread and problematic than I initially thought it would be. It is called by some of the guys the "black font of doom". The bug presents itself when you change any field on the "Table Info" screen. When you change one of the fields on this screen, the "Text Color" field on the same screen turns black. The "Text Color" is the color of the text that is used on the loading screen (the screen that first appears when you click on the "Play Current Table" button). It is also the color used on quite a few tables to enter your initials for a high score at the end of a game (when the DMD is not used), like on the table "The Addams Family". Ravarcade was nice enough to develop a solution and post it on his web site. Anyone using his fix should post a "Thank You" to him at the end of this thread.

For those of you that don't want to read this entire thread and just want to know how to install the fix, you do need to have BAM installed. If the "BAM.dll" file that is in your BAM folder is dated 7/11/15 or earlier, you need to replace it with the new file. You may want to rename your existing "BAM.dll" file in case you want to revert back to it. Just download the new "BAM.dll" file from the link below and save it to your BAM folder.

http://www.ravarcade.pl/debug/BAM.dll

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Text Turns Black on Table Info
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:13 am 

Use version 2.5 or later. Font must be changed after 1 minute after file is opened. 1.9 will always turn black. Google - Future Pinball 2.5 or later, then download that version.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:09 am 

Thanks! I'll try it. I've been using version 1.9 not knowing there is a newer version.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:23 am 

It's not a NEWER version. It's a MODded version.
I found that removing OpenGL.dll an glutxx.dll from the Future Pinball directory removes the "Black Bar" problem. I tested it and it worked for me. It will not work for everyone.
If you have FP2.5 latest version with original dlls or the R2 version the "Black Bar" shouldn't give you problems. I believe that in those last "versions" (Mods) this error is caused by a "memory corruption?" related to OpenGL.dll be in the same directory as FP.exe. It seems that others have complain of the same behavious without OpenGL.dll be in FP.exe directory. That's odd but I still believe it is caused but a "Graphic Driver". There's a BUG somewhere and I can't find WHERE. I will not search for it anymore because I found the bug in my PC and UNBUGged it. lol. Let's invent words.
I hope removing the file (you can MOVE it to somewhere else, no NEED to delete it) will make your problem disapear, if so, please share the solution with others.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:59 pm 

Oh OK. I guess pinballfun4uz is talking about the "Future Pinball Physics 2.5.exe" that was changed to implement physics 2.5. I already have it added to my FP folder. I guess I could use it to edit a table but then I would have to change to "FPLoader.exe" so I can use BAM.

I don't have OpenGL.dll or glutxx.dll in my FP folder. This is a list of the dll's that are there:

devil.dll
fmod.dll
ilu.dll
ilut.dll
libcurl.dll
Newton.dll
SciLexer.dll

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:07 pm 

I only have those files too

you don't have to change fploader.exe as long as bam is installed as a subdirectory to
the directory of the fp version you are using

ie
if you are using version FPGeorgeH.exe then as long as you have Bam in that directory, I believe you are good to go.

c:/games/FPGeorgeH/Bam

:)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:21 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I don't have OpenGL.dll or glutxx.dll in my FP folder. This is a list of the dll's that are there:
devil.dll
fmod.dll
ilu.dll
ilut.dll
libcurl.dll
Newton.dll
SciLexer.dll

DAMN! I still believe it's a driver thinggy. :)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:28 pm 

Gimli wrote:
I only have those files too

you don't have to change fploader.exe as long as bam is installed as a subdirectory to
the directory of the fp version you are using

ie
if you are using version FPGeorgeH.exe then as long as you have Bam in that directory, I believe you are good to go.

c:/games/FPGeorgeH/Bam

:)

Hmmm. I've got "Future Pinball Physics 2.5.exe" in this folder:
C:\Games\Future Pinball\
...and I have "FPLoader.exe" in this folder:
C:\Games\Future Pinball\BAM\

When I opened a table with "Future Pinball Physics 2.5.exe", I pressed "Q" and nothing happened so it looks like BAM didn't open. I tried putting a copy of "Future Pinball Physics 2.5.exe" in the folder C:\Games\Future Pinball\BAM\ but got an error when I tried to open it. Am I doing something wrong?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:11 pm 

Try renaming future pinball physics 25.exe to future pinball.exe (or whatever the origin Fp name is name is)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:25 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Try renaming future pinball physics 25.exe to future pinball.exe (or whatever the origin Fp name is name is)

Sorry, Didn't work. If there is a way to make it work, will the physics be used from BAM or Physics 2.5 from the exe?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help