Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: model 3d help
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:45 am 

someone will ood,could you explain how to make the rotary motion, a simple bulb,with milkshape??

I wish I could learn, but I have not found an explanation understandable to me.

Post subject: Re: model 3d help
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:44 pm 

here is short tutorial, not sure if it helps, your question about rotating a bulb. ___

:) check out my website, under BONUS models, i will post a link to a TABLE MOD that has many lights, 90 degree lights and allready imported items for table designs. It is not released yet because i was working on it. but very soon.

http://ghostmachine1.tripod.com/ offical site. :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:56 pm 

pinballfun4uz wrote:
here is short tutorial, not sure if it helps, your question about rotating a bulb. ___

:) check out my website, under BONUS models, i will post a link to a TABLE MOD that has many lights, 90 degree lights and allready imported items for table designs. It is not released yet because i was working on it. but very soon.

http://ghostmachine1.tripod.com/ offical site. :D

excuse but maybe I explained bad....not rotate,this I know...but move in 360....
rotational movement on itself.....that turns....maybe so you can understand me....

is possible in toy example Toy1.RotateXZ 50....but bulb??

in script when this code bulb1.RotateXZ 50 for example

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:56 pm 

In bulbs directly it's impossible.

But you could use a rotating toy plus invisible bulbs to simulate that effect... Or maybe with a hologram you would have enough to recreate what you are looking for.

But I don't want to lie, it's very hard to get a good result. "Moving" bulbs on FP is a bad idea.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:56 pm 

Wecoc wrote:

But you could use a rotating toy plus invisible bulbs to simulate that effect... Or maybe with a hologram you would have enough to recreate what you are looking for.

But I don't want to lie, it's very hard to get a good result. "Moving" bulbs on FP is a bad idea.

:D Yeah, I agree. you could try to get a picture of a bulb off and bulb on, and do what Wecoc said and use a hologram, then animate the bulb moving across a black screen.

Another way is to make a DummyBulb, then have bulbs behind it turn off and on when it moves. in front of them, then back to black when the DummyBulb is not in front. Either way, long process with not so great results. :(

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:56 am 

pinballfun4uz wrote:
Wecoc wrote:

:D Yeah, I agree. you could try to get a picture of a bulb off and bulb on, and do what Wecoc said and use a hologram, then animate the bulb moving across a black screen.

Another way is to make a DummyBulb, then have bulbs behind it turn off and on when it moves. in front of them, then back to black when the DummyBulb is not in front. Either way, long process with not so great results. :(

hologramm It has a setting of maximum height..(offset 100) the bulb at issue,It is highest.
I think I will leave the bulb stops.

thanks to you two

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:13 am 

this one is simple :)

use 4 thing in sync :

1. 1 bulb toy with a very bright texture
2. 2 bulb toy with a very dark texture
3. 1 real hidden bulb just for the flare
4. 1 flasher for the GI

put them all in sync with code. when the bulb is on put the bright model at it's real height (let's say myBulbBright.ty=200 : myBulbDark.ty=-200) then switch them at runtime. for the rotation, you simply make the bright bulb follow any motion of the dark bulb with a timer.

you have been served :)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:18 pm 

HappyCab wrote:
this one is simple :)

use 4 thing in sync :

1. 1 bulb toy with a very bright texture
2. 2 bulb toy with a very dark texture
3. 1 real hidden bulb just for the flare
4. 1 flasher for the GI

put them all in sync with code. when the bulb is on put the bright model at it's real height (let's say myBulbBright.ty=200 : myBulbDark.ty=-200) then switch them at runtime. for the rotation, you simply make the bright bulb follow any motion of the dark bulb with a timer.

you have been served :)

thank you master,my goodness, surely for you it is very easy, but for a donkey like me, it's hard :lol: :lol:

To be honest STEVE... I did not understand almost nothing..damn

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:56 pm 

what is it you want to acchieve? some sort of spinning police light topper?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:22 pm 

Quote:
To be honest STEVE... I did not understand almost nothing..damn

Yep. It's exactly this: StopMotion -Or Motion layer FX

But using the Bulb model as the Toy, plus invisible bulbs. It's what I was thinking when I said this:

Quote:
But you could use a rotating toy plus invisible bulbs to simulate that effect...

I used something like this once, a large story...

You have two toys which move and rotate simultaneously via script, one is on its place and the other one is hidden, behind the translite (or under the table). They are the same but one is absolutely red and the other one is dark red, for example... So to turn on/off the "Bulb" you just have to switch the position of both Toys, which is pretty easy with code.

With that you get the color changing effect as in a normal bulb, plus a movement, in this case a rotation. But bulbs are more than a color change, they have also their halo, that's why you need an invisible bulb everywhere your toy can be "turned on". And that's why I said it's difficult, you would need so many bulbs to have an effect which really looks like a moving bulb which is on. Obviously if when moving the bulb is always turned off it's easier, you just need bulbs on the start point and the end point. Also, to make the moving halo, maybe the hologram is a good solution again... I don't know.

Quote:
what is it you want to acchieve? some sort of spinning police light topper?

Ah yes I had seen that in a pinball once. It's even harder to make because the halo in this case is directional... You have to use holograms for that, I don't know exactly how.

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help