Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Virtual Pinball DMD display bugs
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:41 pm 

Hey there,

I seem to be having a bit of a bug with the DMD in tables in how it displays some text and screens that I have so far been unable to figure out.

I seem to have a strange glitch where commas should be, jackpots appear like a bunch of T's, and bonus scores are pushed all the way to the left and not displaying correctly. I have tried multiple reinstalls, registry clean outs and even restoring my system to before I installed the program to try for a clean start.

I am using Future Pinball installed from the original site, with the latest BAM and SLAMT1LTS 2.7 exe, but I have tried multiple variations and get the same errors.

I've ran out of ideas, and thought you guys might be more knowledgeable than a noob like myself. I tried attaching some images but was having no luck so I will just link to an imgur gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/wJGv95q

Post subject: Re: Virtual Pinball DMD display bugs
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:20 pm 

The only time I have ever seen a problem like that is if a font is not installed on the table. Does this occur on other tables or just Medieval Madness? There are many versions of Medieval Madness, I played this one many times and not had a problem like yours:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... s_ultimate

If this is the table you are playing, maybe try downloading it again.

If the problem is not having a font installed, then you might try placing a check on "Vertical Sync" on the "Video / Rendering Options".

George

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:00 pm 

The problem may be related to your PC's regional setting(?) for displaying the correct number format.

This post (http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1709&p=57760) states:

vpalmer wrote:
There is much more simple way to resolve of this Score displaying problem on DMD.
It occurs because of number formating with group delimiter specified in the computer's regional settings. Just change symbol used for digits grouping number in the computer's regional settings.
This can help on Terminator 2 and Attack from Mars tables f.e.
I did it and now DMD on this tables work fine.
and one little thing about another DMD issue - if it has grey color instead of orange - check "disable GLSL shaders" option in video settings of FP.

Hope this helps,

Gin

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:29 pm 

Gin wrote:
The problem may be related to your PC's regional setting(?) for displaying the correct number format.

Hey you were absolutely right, my regional settings are set to Sweden, I tried switching to English UK (since there are no differences for dates and time etc) and now it displays absolutely perfectly. I would never in a million years considered the regional settings of my machine to be the culprit, but glad everything is displaying correctly now.

Thanks for the help!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:11 pm 

Thanks Gin. I don't even know where the regional settings are located.

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help