Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: DOFLinx coding contest
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 am 

We are glad to announce a brand new contest at Virtual Pinball Discord. A lot of us are loving Future Pinball and being able to play with force feedback is a real treat.

We decided to put together a contest ( well it will be a draw ) for people who want to mod a future pinball table of their choice by adding DOFLinx effects to it.

Why are we doing this? Well , We know a lot of you are stuck at home and Modding a Future Pinball Table ( Force feedback and LED ) can be learned fairly quickly. There is nothing more rewarding than coding a table and sharing it with the world.

In order to attract even more people to the idea, we decided to chip in and donate a few things that we had kicking around.

- 5 Led flashbar kit
- A Power management board ( Quatro )
- 2X Pinscape Kl25z expansion board ( Board only )
- 2X Pinscape Power expansion board ( Board only )

The contest will be running until the end of April. I never modded a Future Pinball table and I was able to learn by watching Terry’s Series on how to code Future Pinball.

All the extra information is here : https://mameinabox.com/doflinx-contest

Happy Coding

Major Frenchy

https://discord.gg/Q8Pvf96

Post subject: Re: DOFLinx coding contest
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:12 am 

How cool! I would join the contest if I had a pincab.

George

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:10 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
How cool! I would join the contest if I had a pincab.

George

You can build one GeorgeH. We will help you during the process. You can build one for real cheap. I have a cab building section on my website that can give you ideas and how much people spent on it.

https://mameinabox.com/category/cabpics/

You are a great table Builder, you deserve a Cab ;->

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:53 pm 

Thanks,

I have modified quite a few tables but not actually built one from scratch. I have learned quite a bit of coding but not enough to build a table from scratch. I enjoy doing the lighting and learned a new way to add lighting using the coding intended for bump maps.

I just don't have enough gumption to build a cab. I can do the wood work but the wiring looks formidable. I have thought about buying a couple of monitors, setting them on a table and control them with a game controller from my PC but have not done it. To be honest, I seem to enjoy modding tables more than playing them. I am working on a mod of Smoke's TOTAN table right now and with Gimli on an update to Indy Jones.

You have some really nice pics of lots of cabs on your site. I may link to it on my FP guide.

George

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help