Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Struggling with Cabinet and third screen DMD
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:50 pm 

New to Future Pinball, got a cabinet running VP and FX3, thought I'd add FP. I found FutureDMD, installed it to my FP folder along with the necessary files. I manged to get it to work on a table, Bond 50, but not TutenKham. This was one of the first two that were suggested to install (TutenKham the other).

Not sure how to auto run FutureDMD yet (I use PinballY), I just manually opened it.

So now although I got a DMD display in Bond 50 I still had the DMD also displaying on my playfield. I did some 'vestigating and found in the blueprint Translite a couple boxes, one of them labled HUD (it could have been more than just HUD, I don't recall). I was able to drag it and move it off the translate box into computer nether regions. Fired up Bond 50 and that did the trick. Saved Bond 50.

Tutenkham a different story, didn't display on my third screen DMD at all. I did the same with that game, went to blueprint Translite and found boxes in Translite I could drag, so drag 'em I did. Worked! Saved Tutenkham.

Question: Is this just an idiots way of making this work or did I miss the memo somewhere?

Post subject: Re: Struggling with Cabinet and third screen DMD
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:29 pm 

Tutenkham is an older table that is coded to only support one DMD. The download is set up to use this code for the HUD DMD. The translite has a DMD saved there but it has no code for it. What you need to do is to change the name of the HUD DMD to something else and move it off the table like you did for the Bond table. Then rename the translite DMD from myDMD3 to myDMD. Then it will display on your pincab.

There are several older tables like this that only support one DMD and you have to swap the DMDs like this on them.

George

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:55 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Tutenkham is an older table that is coded to only support one DMD. The download is set up to use this code for the HUD DMD. The translite has a DMD saved there but it has no code for it. What you need to do is to change the name of the HUD DMD to something else and move it off the table like you did for the Bond table. Then rename the translite DMD from myDMD3 to myDMD. Then it will display on your pincab.

There are several older tables like this that only support one DMD and you have to swap the DMDs like this on them.

George
Thanks George, but I am not 100% sure what you are referring to. I am like a week into FP so not sure what HUD DMD you are referring to? Is this the general term for any of the DMD boxes showing up on the translite blueprint? As opposed to some other DMD? The DMD that I moved off screen in TutenKham is called myDMD already, but that's the way it came, I didn't rename it. Some of the other FP games have bunches of DMD boxes on the Translite.

EDIT: Found this spelled out on VPForums:
If you edit your tables translite you can move the existing dmd off screen to a non viewable area. That way it is not seen on the backglass and you only see your future dmd on whatever monitor you want it on. When you edit the table "click the dmd" if it doesn't drag when you try move it "right click" remove the "lock" checkmark and then drag it off the screen. Don't forget to save the table after you have tested it.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:44 pm 

There are 2 types of DMDs. One is a HUD DMD and the other is the one for the backbox. When you open the FP editor for TutenKham, click on the option for "Translite". You will see 2 DMDs on the screen. One is named "myDMD" and is for the HUD (you can see "HudDmd" on the line above the name). The other is for the back box and is named "myDMD3" (you can see "DispDmd" on the line above the name). "myDMD" is the only DMD that works on the download of TutenKham. You need to swap names of the 2 DMDs. Change the HUD DMD name to "myDMD2". Change the lower DMD on the screen so the name is "myDMD". After you swap names, the DMD for the back box will work now and the Hud Dmd will not work.

George

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:16 pm 

Thanks George. I have this figured out now with your help. I was having other issues (of course), and also found a solution. After trying the tables you suggest in your great tutorial as described above, I wanted to try a SLAM table so I downloaded Startrek. Had issues, got a line 375 error, dynamic flippers. Stopped trying to get any new tables running at that point since I had something amiss. Tried couple days to sort it out, no luck.

I then read a posting about removing the watermark, said to use BAM menu, Addons. Loaded a working game (Tutenkham), hit Q, Config, Addons... but no option for Watermark. Then thought I'd reload BAM. Downloaded standalone BAM, copied all files over into BAM folder. BOOM, watermark option popped up, and now Startrek is working beautifully as well.

Is it possible the combined FuturePinball/BAM download does not have the most recent BAM?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:59 pm 

Rav frequently updates BAM so you have to stay up to date.

You might want to check out my list of favorite tables:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6176

George

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help