Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Light Bleeds Through Surfaces
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2417
Location: Arkansas, USA
I have noticed that the light from bulbs bleed through many surfaces. I don't know why but the right and left main sling shots usually have very little bleed through of light from bulbs under them. Bulbs under surfaces in other locations bleed through more than on real tables.

I have created a texture for a lens for a bulb that has a black center and a gradation to white around it. This helps the condition but does not fix it. The lens makes the bulb look like it has turned black from use and is about to burn out. The black dot in the center of the lens lessens the light output upward so it helps prevent light shining upward but does not fix the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Light Bleeds Through Surfaces
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:02 am
Posts: 1885
Location: Argentina
GeorgeH wrote:
I have noticed that the light from bulbs bleed through many surfaces. I don't know why but the right and left main sling shots usually have very little bleed through of light from bulbs under them. Bulbs under surfaces in other locations bleed through more than on real tables.

I have created a texture for a lens for a bulb that has a black center and a gradation to white around it. This helps the condition but does not fix it. The lens makes the bulb look like it has turned black from use and is about to burn out. The black dot in the center of the lens lessens the light output upward so it helps prevent light shining upward but does not fix the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

George



Can you put us a image of what you mean?

Probably you already have notice that, buuut, have you arrenge the things sanding back the light and front the surface?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Light Bleeds Through Surfaces
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2417
Location: Arkansas, USA
francisco666 wrote:
Probably you already have notice that, buuut, have you arrenge the things sanding back the light and front the surface?


I don't understand your question but here is a screen shot:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jhrlmdlsoo8f ... bPKDa?dl=0

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Light Bleeds Through Surfaces
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:50 am
Posts: 1189
Location: Paris - France
GeorgeH wrote:
francisco666 wrote:
Probably you already have notice that, buuut, have you arrenge the things sanding back the light and front the surface?


I don't understand your question but here is a screen shot:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jhrlmdlsoo8f ... bPKDa?dl=0

George

It means click on the bulbs end then send them to back.
It seems the bulbs are created after the surface (plastic).

_________________
Les cons ça ose tout. C'est même à  ça qu'on les reconnaît.
My tables avalaible at http://www.pinsimdb.org/fpreleases/ and http://www.irpinball.org/
Image
Image
Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Light Bleeds Through Surfaces
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:17 am
Posts: 68
Location: France
toujours respecter l'ordre hiérarchique. surface==>front bulb ==>back ensuite agir sur la transparence


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Light Bleeds Through Surfaces
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2417
Location: Arkansas, USA
Yep. Right click on the bulb and click on "Send to Back" works perfectly. I can't believe I have been living with this problem for so long for such a simple fix.

Thanks everyone!

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Light Bleeds Through Surfaces
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:02 am
Posts: 1885
Location: Argentina
;) good it works, it also work for other things, like holes in front of targets.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Light Bleeds Through Surfaces
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:50 am
Posts: 1189
Location: Paris - France
Always send to back:
- first, holes,
- then bulbs,
- then pegs,
- then rubbers,
- then plastics,
- then orn nuts.
For other compositions, from deeper to higher.

_________________
Les cons ça ose tout. C'est même à  ça qu'on les reconnaît.
My tables avalaible at http://www.pinsimdb.org/fpreleases/ and http://www.irpinball.org/
Image
Image
Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Light Bleeds Through Surfaces
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:02 am
Posts: 1885
Location: Argentina
Popotte wrote:
Always send to back:
- first, holes,
- then bulbs,
- then pegs,
- then rubbers,
- then plastics,
- then orn nuts.
For other compositions, from deeper to higher.


More clear imposible, I allway work from down to top, but allways happen that there are a missing bulb and then you need to rearenge all holes


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: