Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Re: Hologram question
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:26 am 

I don't know what is the effect you are looking for...I mean you show me a video of the effect you want right?

so what is it suppose to happen vs what is happening?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 am 

HappyCab wrote:
I don't know what is the effect you are looking for...I mean you show me a video of the effect you want right?

so what is it suppose to happen vs what is happening?

we came out of the initial problem.....

the problem is the transparency of the hologram,(without something black behind)I mean the hologram as an object on fp, ok

I was thinking of a fix, of the object itself, as suggested by popotte.(at least I thought, so)

I made my request if there was another solution, namely that of not putting in my case, as you can see from the video, opening and closing the portal, 18 walls in tga render.true-false....to create the invisible hole inside the portal, while it opens and closes

it cost me a lot of extra work.....since the hologram, intended as an object, requires something black behind, so as not to see it in transparent, at this point it seems to me a bug of FP (I could be wrong)

anyway, I solved it in this way...., so thanks the same, Steve

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:35 pm 

It is not a bug. when I asked Chris to create the Hologram, I specifically said it must be In 'Add blending mode', so it look like a projection on something.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:37 pm 

HappyCab wrote:
It is not a bug. when I asked Chris to create the Hologram, I specifically said it must be In 'Add blending mode', so it look like a projection on something.

ok....he asks if I can, when you talk about 'Add blending mode'...you mean, the hologram with a black object behind it,(wall,toy..etc..etc...) or you talk about texture?since in a previous answer, you talked about photoshop.....

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 pm 

wild wrote:
HappyCab wrote:

ok....he asks if I can, when you talk about 'Add blending mode'...you mean, the hologram with a black object behind it,(wall,toy..etc..etc...) or you talk about texture?since in a previous answer, you talked about photoshop.....

I think he is talking about the translucent effect he used on "Robots Invasion" and "Darkquest". He used it to produce an effect similar to a WIlliam's Pinball 2000 table. I am not aware of anyone using it like this since he did these. Most folks just use a hologram like an overlay because it used to be the only way you could set it up vertically.

George

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:18 pm 

not talking ABOUT photoshop itself. just trying to explain that the hologram effect is the same as photoshop blending mode 'Add'

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:06 am 

HappyCab wrote:
not talking ABOUT photoshop itself. just trying to explain that the hologram effect is the same as photoshop blending mode 'Add'

ok..ok.....I understand, thanks guys.

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help