Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Hologram question
 Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:09 am 

hi, I don't understand if it's a technical problem or texture, but I have a hologram that you can see almost transparent, the textures are always like I did, it's like many other tables.

now...strangely, this could never be understood, as soon as I change the color of the hologram (darker), in "colors and rendering" in the editor of FP, this magically disappears, it is not completely seen to be able to see it I must put it in white.

again...to be able to see what I did, in the hologram .... (I speak of my textures) I have to put a dark wall behind the hologram....

the plots are not in tga, already tried but I have the same result .... but they are in jpg ... with a black background .... because I believe only with the black background inside the hologram I do not see the outline of the plot, only the background and another color, let's say the case is white, hologranna shows me the white outline, and not just the plot.

for now to solve I put a black wall behind hologram to see my plot not in transparency, but it is possible that this is the only solution?

Post subject: Re: Hologram question
 Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:00 pm 

I think adding a black surface behind a hologram is the only solution to make it not transparent.

You can however use an overlay to do basically the same thing. It is not as transparent as a hologram (although you can see lights through it). If you want to set the overlay vertically, you can rotate it by using a mini-playfield. I have never rotated one before but Gimli knows how to do it.

George

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:45 pm 

If you are used to photoshop, the hologram is set to screen or add blending mode while compositing the rest of the table. so, yes...you need something dark behind because the black is keyed out.

If I succeeded to confuse you more, kudos to me :)

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:38 am 

@Geoge....in overlay...you have to use the tga, or you'll see the black background, you can't rotate it like a hologram, (and I don't understand why) and as you suggest, you have to rotate it with a miniplay, and for the moment I have something else in mind. thanks always.

@HappyCab.....I did not understand what you are saying......I just realized that I should use the Photoshop fusion, but I didn't understand how?
the real problem of the hologram, it works only with a black background, ok .... but I understood why the drawing or plot, you see in transparency, fiddle around with photoshop it seems that behind the drawing itself the background is white, that's why the hologram shows it in transparency.

curiosity, if you change the color of the background in white, the background behind the drawing or texture, it turns black ..... then summarizing, if there is a way to make the background become behind the drawing or texture ... black would be solved the problem....

you talked about fusion you are referring to this?

I believe that you have to use two levels, like creating a tga ... but the new level doesn't allow me to color it with black .... maybe there is another solution?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 am 

wild wrote:
@HappyCab.....I did not understand what you are saying......I just realized that I should use the Photoshop fusion, but I didn't understand how?
the real problem of the hologram, it works only with a black background, ok .... but I understood why the drawing or plot, you see in transparency, fiddle around with photoshop it seems that behind the drawing itself the background is white, that's why the hologram shows it in transparency.

Just send your hologram to Steve... It make it succesfull.

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:43 am 

Popotte wrote:
wild wrote:

Just send your hologram to Steve... It make it succesfull.

ok .. I could, always if Steve is available .. but ask, what do you mean, when you say it makes the hologram perfect...JP?

the hologram in FP, as an object, or textures?

if you talk about texture, what needd do to? I mean .... the textures are the black background, and this is not the problem, the problem is the background behind the design, which obviously cannot be seen, which I assume there is,(I saw it, using the alter tool......) what Steve would do?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:59 am 

You dont need a TGA with alpha channel for the hologram to work. all black is autamaticaly keyed out. make a print screen of you table where the hologram goes I I will show you how to fix it.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:02 pm 

HappyCab wrote:
You dont need a TGA with alpha channel for the hologram to work. all black is autamaticaly keyed out. make a print screen of you table where the hologram goes I I will show you how to fix it.

ok...pm...for you.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:27 pm 

Received it. Yes in your case, a black object (vertical flat disc/cylinder) would do the job.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 am 

HappyCab wrote:
Received it. Yes in your case, a black object (vertical flat disc/cylinder) would do the job.

ok .. you probably haven't seen this.....

in the stargate thread.

so, the only solution is the one I made?as popotte said, that you did some magic in the hologram, it was just my imagination? :lol:

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help