Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Some tables do not load, they freeze in the progress bar
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:23 am 

Hello everyone, I need your most precious help because something happens to me that I do not understand.
I have W7 x64 Ultimate under 8gb RAM Quad Core processor and Nvidia Geforce 9500GT card at 1GB.
I installed FP + BAM from Ravarcade and everything was great. The tables that I downloaded from http://www.pinsimdb.org/ all work ok, except for some that I want to work but when you start them after giving Play Table after executing BAM (FPLoader), they are left hanging in the progress bar before starting the table ... it happens to me with the tables that I really want !! (Goonies, Terminator 2, Pirates of the Caribbean, Creature of the Black Lagoon, and some more).
Through the original Future Pinball, these tables are loaded well but from BAM no! , and at the beginning I could load all the tables from BAM correctly ..
I have tried to disable PF Reflections (components), Bilinear instead of Trilinear, Quality a low, medium and high and all the options that are mentioned in the forum but it only happens with these tables and some more that I do not remember now that I am at work.
Any idea guys? Any help I thank you because before uninstalling everything again and reinstalling I thought that maybe someone sounds this and so I avoid uninstalling everything. Thank you very much in advance!

Post subject: Re: Some tables do not load, they freeze in the progress bar
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:53 pm 

If some of the tables are working, I doubt the problem is with the installation. I thought you might be running out of memory but then you said they load fine with FP only (so I suppose that may not be the problem). One thing for sure is that BAM requires that model quality must always be set to high or the table will not open.

I suggest you go through my guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

George

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:05 pm 

Indeed the problem is not the installation since from Future Pinball the tables are loaded normally (although with the watermark) but from BAM (FPLoader.exe) the loading bar of some tables (Terminator, Goonies, Pirates of the Caribbean , ...) it stays frozen. I followed the whole tutorial (especially points 6, 12,17,19) and I can not get it to work ... I know very badly since the 3 tables that I have mentioned are the ones I played at the time.
As I mentioned, I use W7 Ultimate Quad Core Intel Q8200 at 2.3Ghz, 8GB of RAM NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT card at 1GB.
The weird thing is that before they worked for me! :( :(

Thanks also George for your help, I will continue to investigate ... :roll:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:29 pm 

The only time I have ever encountered a situation like yours is when someone insisted on installing FP in the "Program Files" folder (or the same folder in a different language). He had some tables that would load and some that would not.

Step 13 of the guide has a link to the BAM guide. Hopefully you have set up the shortcut as it says in Step 5 of the BAM guide.

George

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:13 pm 

I have the BAM installation path in C:\Games\Future Pinball\BAM\
Point 5 of the BAM guide referring to the shortcut I have it as indicated ....
I do not want to start installing everything again but if there is no other ... I will have to do it, because at the beginning all the tables were loaded succesfully.
Excuse my insistence, George, because this has me upset. :oops:
Anything that you can think of I will be happy to hear you.

Thanks again!!!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:07 pm 

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm stumped.

George

Post Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:01 pm 

Hi,

I don't know if this is the same issue but I will tell you my experience:

I had Fp + BAm working like a charm on Windows 7 32 bits.
I decided to install Windows 7 64 bits erasing all but making a backup of my GAME folders just in case.
I install Windows 64 bits, all drivers, a fresh install of FP and BAM and then I couldn't load any table, as you, the loading stuck in the middle with a error on screen.
I decided to copy my backup and all the table load with only one FP.EXE if I try another like FP2.5.EXE or a fresh new with watermark it doesn't load. Only this weird EXE that I had before want load my table. I was like happy but another problem come : i cannot have any plugin on BAM. I have the plugin in the correct folder but in game "No plugin".

For me as I said in another post here, there is an issue between BAM and some Windows 7 64 Bits. Maybe that's your issue.

Stephane

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:32 am 

Hello Stephan,

It may be that some windows 7 x64 is incompatible, at least some version, but not mine, because as I say in previous posts, at first I worked all ..... and without any failure.
From one day to the next, those tables that I mentioned did not work for me, and I tried all the versions that exist in Pinsimdb.org for each of the tables that do not load me.
I start to think it's an update, although if that were the case, most tables would not load, and it's not my case ....
We will keep trying ...
Thanks also Stephan!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:45 am 

I think you need to ask the expert. Find the file "BAM_CRASH.log" in your BAM folder and open it with Notepad. Copy the content and paste it in a private message to Ravarcade. Ask him about it. You might add a link to this topic.

George

Post Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:16 pm 

Good idea George. As soon as I know something about it, I post it in the forum.

Thanks for the advice ;)

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help