Post subject: Re: Most Frequently Hardware/Video Issues
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:32 pm 

GIGABYTE (NVIDEA) GTX 660 2GB)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:09 pm 

jupiter2001 wrote:

First try: vertical sync: ON

I have a laptop with a nvidia card on W8.1, but by default they are integrated graphics that work! (for Visual Pinball is good, but not for Future pinball ! :cry: )
If I want FP works well, I have to right click on the FP exe and select "high performance Nvidia" my Nvidia panel opens and I have to confirm the change and it works very well at this time :D

This may be able to help you :)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:53 pm 

¡GREAT...!
The vertical sync: ON is the solution.
Really I don' understand how a video option can affect the operation of the program itself. But, here it is, working again

THANKS
:lol:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:46 pm 

bil wrote:
jupiter2001 wrote:

First try: vertical sync: ON

I have a laptop with a nvidia card on W8.1, but by default they are integrated graphics that work! (for Visual Pinball is good, but not for Future pinball ! :cry: )
If I want FP works well, I have to right click on the FP exe and select "high performance Nvidia" my Nvidia panel opens and I have to confirm the change and it works very well at this time :D

This may be able to help you :)

Bil, I also have a laptop with 2 video cards and there's a way to always define a video card as the default one (at least on Win 7). I will try to look at it after sleep!

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:53 am 

Hello

I have just started using FP. For some reason, even though my gaming laptop screen has a native resolution of 1920x1080, when I set FP at that resolution, the tables are too big to fit the screen. I have to set it to 1280x720 to make it fit. Same thing when connected to a TV at 1080p.

Any ideas please? Windows 10. Playing desktop version. Everything set up as per FAQs.

Cheers.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:45 pm 

Daz,

I have never known anyone to have this problem before. When I open the "Resolution" option in FP, I just set it to the max which is the native resolution of my monitor. I'm sorry it does not work that way for you.

I presume you are using the "Full Table 2" camera that is set on the "Video Rendering Options" screen. If not, you should try it first.

You can use the manual camera by pressing F11 and use the mouse and the WASD keys to position the camera where you want. Then press F11 again to set the camera. Unfortunately, this set up is not saved so you have to set it all up again when you play a table the next time.

If you are using BAM, there are some additional options when you press "C" when playing a game. Pressing "C" repeatedly will cycle through 3 BAM views and the standard FP view. The BAM views can be changed on the BAM menu named "Camera". If "Camera" is not on the Basic menu, you can find it on the "Advanced" menu.

If none of the above work, you can create a camera view the way the guys that have pinball cabinets using BAM. I use it to create a custom view that allows me to rotate my monitor 90 degrees and play a table that way. You will want to turn "Force Arcade Mode" ON and use the "Static Cam" menu. This would be the most time consuming method so I would only use it as a last resort. If you use this method, you can save it as default and apply it to other tables.

I hope this helps,

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:57 pm 

Thanks for the reply George. Unfortunately, every camera view has the same problem. Trust me to come up with a unique issue :?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:31 pm 

Stuntman Daz wrote:
Thanks for the reply George. Unfortunately, every camera view has the same problem. Trust me to come up with a unique issue :?

...But you can create your own camera view on the BAM menu named "Camera". It seems you should be able to create something that works.

George

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help