Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: FP 1.9.3.2 (unofficial) executable (fixed for modern OS)
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:18 pm 

Update: All DLLs have been updated to latest version. Re-download & overwrite. zlib1.dll can be deleted from your installation folder.

http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/HnirkWfV/file.html

This is my personal, updated .exe for FuturePinballSetup_v1.9.1.20101231.exe
All changes are based on that version, with fixes and additions.
========================================================================

Changelog:
==========

v1.9.3.0, unofficial
--------------------
[✔]set LAA Flag ( When a 32-bit application is Large Address Aware, it can access up to 4GB on x64 and up to 3GB on x86 OS, this helps preventing "Out of Memory" errors in FP. )
[✔]added SLAMT1LT's Physics ( increased ball mass, improved rubber bounce, improved flipper accuracy ). A few tables seem to have issues with them, though. I saw the ball getting stuck in places.
[✔]renamed "colour" to "color" for grammatical reasons ( "coloUr"... seriously? )
[✔]removed startup splash screen ( not just disabled, I threw the damn thing out )
[☠]the watermark in the lower right corner was NOT touched ( so far, I couldn't find a safe way to disable it without breaking the executable - I know that SLAMT1LT has done it,
but try to run any other tables than his with it, it will simply crash FP. With mine, you have his physics AND the ability to play other tables as well. )
[✔]replaced old system icons with new ones ( those fugly old things had to go ), changed a few logos while I was at it - visual overhaul is still in progress, though ( I'm lazy... )
[✔]changed version number to v1.9.3.0 to reflect the changes ( and to give it some orderly fashion from now on )

v1.9.3.1, unofficial
--------------------
[✔]added ZED physics. The ZED 1.0 are my favorite so far, with SLAMT1LT 2.7 being a close second.
[✔]newer dll's. They're not required, though. Make a backup if you decide to try them out ( slightly better performance, maybe? ). More testing is required.
[✔]unpacked the new dll's ( some of them were compressed with UPX ) in case there was any performance overhead ( not likely, but you never know. )
[✔]cleaned up load screen ( logo & text ). It's easier on the eye & less cluttered, plus you get to see more of the actual image underneath ( how to play, instructions, etc. )
[✔]replaced two cursors ( I didn't like the existing ones )
[✔]minor adjustments, changed version number to v1.9.3.1

v1.9.3.2, unofficial
--------------------
[✔]considering the download size, only one executable ( 1.0 physics ) is maintained now, for other physics please use BAM and the xml of your choice.
[✔]to clarify: HD tables are now possible with the memory limit raised. I was able to feed the editor 8192x8192px resolution images without FP breaking a sweat.
a whole new era of table-making is now possible for those who seek a challenge...
[✔]table makers: quit running out of memory, double your table's texture resolution(s), use hq audio & models, all thanks to my modified version :)
[✔]table players: play HD tables made with my modified version, for an even bigger FP experience!
[✔]removed broken table feeds menu, added more xml's, minor typos fixed, changed version number to v1.9.3.2
[✔]this is the last update for now. I might look into more optimizations & improvements later, if need arises. The watermark remains decidedly untouched.

Enjoy.

Last edited by gibsmedat on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FP 1.9.3.2 (unofficial) executable (fixed for modern OS)
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:16 pm 

Where did you get ZED versions 1.2 and 1.3?

I only recall the Zed versions 1.0 and 1.1. I seem to remember a 1.2 in development but was never finished. I don't think any tables used a version higher than 1.1.

George

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:12 pm 

- see my post below -

Last edited by gibsmedat on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:01 pm 

After replacing all original files with your updated counterparts, I noticed that images are no longer displayed in the editor.

Found out that the updated "ilut.dll" is causing the images to disappear within the editor.
All other dll & the updated exe work fine.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:01 pm 

Update: All DLLs have been updated to latest version. Re-download & overwrite. zlib1.dll can be deleted from your installation folder.

http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/HnirkWfV/file.html

Last edited by gibsmedat on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:53 am 

Gibs,

I gave your version a try. It seems to perform pretty well though I did avoid using your ILUT.dll file. I compared memory usage of your exe with the Zed x64 1.1 exe. I couldn't tell any difference. I do like seeing the table elements being loaded on the loading screen.

Let me know when you can remove the watermark.

George

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help