Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » Side Project

Post subject: Have build a Futurepinball dual screen, but as a Desk
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:33 pm 

I have planned a "desk" that i have put into a 32 inch tv hdmi screen.

It is a very old tower computer that i still have that have Windows XP Pro SP3.

It's a Pentium 4 with 2 Gig ram. The motherboard and hardware parts into is not strong enough for Windows 7.

I see many peoples on youtube creating some pinball cab for Futurepinball, but seeing the comments of peoples....

Some peoples say that they don't have enough room space to create a pinball cab. I am one of these peoples. So i have created some desk furniture of 24 inch wide by 48 inch length. I have cut into the 5/8 inch thick plywood the size of the screen. Make the screen centered, but not absolutely centered.

Image showing the rectangle hole for the size of the screen and it's position in the desk:
Attachment:
plan_planche.jpg

I have a friend of mine that have filmed my creation. I show that i can play with some Futurepinball games, but not all because the computer speed and it's ram is at max that the motherboard can handle.

I have also create a Mamewah interface, but still need to configure and program. Also have to find some old Mame emu for Windows XP Pro SP3 32bits, it's hard to find on the web because of this old operating system.

The first youtube video of the desk (part 1):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8pZpjn9Pp8

The second video of the desk (part 2):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXVyfKzu-20

Sorry of the way my friend filmed with some phone. It look like some turned side view.

I have put over the tv screen some transparent 2mm thick plastic that cover the hole desk. This to protect the screen. Also under the screen i have put many metal plates that is screwed because of the weight of the tv screen. This make the screen stay put and not fall down on the floor.

Well i hope this desk idea is good for peoples wanting to create a Futurepinball two screen and not having too much room space ?

Have a nice day !

A+

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Have build a Futurepinball dual screen, but as a Desk
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:05 pm 

I have thought about making a simple "pincab" that is connected to my desktop PC that has a flat TV screen for the playfield and a monitor for the backglass. Possibly adding a game controller to play the game or maybe just a regular keyboard.

I think Gimli has already created something like I have envisioned.

George

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:05 pm 

I have thought about making a simple "pincab" that is connected to my desktop PC that has a flat TV screen for the playfield and a monitor for the backglass. Possibly adding a game controller to play the game or maybe just a regular keyboard.

I think Gimli has already created something like I have envisioned.

George

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:42 am 

Ya my pseudo cab is a 50 inch Samsung 3d Tv on a shuffleboard table with xarcade controller it has two buttons on each side for flipper and nudge

3d is still my favorite BAM feature

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:29 pm 

It must be great to see 3D. But my old motherboard cant support 3D. In fact 3D when i had this computer did not exist, the only 3D that existed before was for some old 3D movie watched by a slim paper card glasses that had red and blue lens; and in these times it was called Anaglyph not true 3D.

Why i have made this, well simply to use this desk as a desk of course! But also i have indicated the plan for this plywood top that had the screen, for peoples that would like to create them self there own desk; that can also be used as a pinball-arcade and that is for peoples with not much room space.

In my youtube videos the description i indicate the motherboard model number and indicate the graphic card that has been used. I must think in time simply by my self a battery for the CMOS, because when i unplug it dont remember the date and time. If i remember i might be wrong CMOS mean "Clock Module Operating System".

A great game controller is called "I-Pac from Ultimarc". I have one that is the "I-Pac 4", in my Arcade section of my personnal website i show many videos of a game controller i have build; also have indicated some plans in PDF format. Just to help peoples.

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » Side Project