Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post subject: Partial VPinMame support
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:09 pm 

First of all i want to clarify that this is just a proof of concept. I'm not sure if i will ever finish it or come with something really functional, that can be used.

It's based on Macro's opengl dll. I have add some code to achieve the communication between the .dll and an external program that runs the VPinMame. At the moment the communication is through socket, but this can be done also by calling the VPinmame.dll directly from Macro's dll, so thta you can not need an external application.

At the moment you can add some coins, start the game, trigger some switches and understand the ball drain.

There are some issues because of the 1-way communication. After the end of the ball for example, FP created the next ball, while Pinmame shows the bonus. This can be fixed by adding some delay on FP script, but it will never be really accurate. Normally VPinmame should tell FP when to release the next ball, and this is not possible at the moment. Another issue as you can imagine is with the Match Award.

Anyway is just a start, i will try to make a playable table, but i'm not promising anything.

PS: You can see the video in youtube for better quality. Sorry for the lack of sound. The sounds are play normally both from rom and Future pinball.

Post subject: Re: Partial VPinMame support
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:19 pm 

cypher80b wrote:
First of all i want to clarify that this is just a proof of concept. I'm not sure if i will ever finish it or come with something really functional, that can be used.

It's based on Macro's opengl dll. I have add some code to achieve the communication between the .dll and an external program that runs the VPinMame. At the moment the communication is through socket, but this can be done also by calling the VPinmame.dll directly from Macro's dll, so thta you can not need an external application.

At the moment you can add some coins, start the game, trigger some switches and understand the ball drain.

There are some issues because of the 1-way communication. After the end of the ball for example, FP created the next ball, while Pinmame shows the bonus. This can be fixed by adding some delay on FP script, but it will never be really accurate. Normally VPinmame should tell FP when to release the next ball, and this is not possible at the moment. Another issue as you can imagine is with the Match Award.

Anyway is just a start, i will try to make a playable table, but i'm not promising anything.

PS: You can see the video in youtube for better quality. Sorry for the lack of sound. The sounds are play normally both from rom and Future pinball.

maybe release your code and someone can help further this.... excellent work !

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 pm 

Some exciting stuff, cypher.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Struct
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jumbobunny1

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:31 pm 

Really nice.

I guess that you need to script the lights behavior to

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:09 pm 

couldn't the pinmame message be sent from vpinmame like "ghost keystroke"?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:18 pm 

wow, really nice work. This could be a great advance in FP. Thanks for your hard work, please keep going.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:07 am 

@avenger: I will release the source code once i have something functional.

@D_Struct: :)

@francisco: Yes, the communication from pinmame to fp is not possible (at least at the moment). So all the light stuff is something you have to script...

@HappyCab: That is something i have also thought, but didn't have the time yet to test to see if it's working. Maybe it's possible for some switch signals (e.g winning the mach award or release new ball after drain), but i'm not sure if it can be applied for the lights for example.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:28 am 

This is good news

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:29 pm 

Breaking News...
Key Strokes seems to work fine. I have just tell FP to insert some coins from the .dll with successful results. Now lets test some key stroke combinations... :D

Edit: Wrong alarm :(

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:38 pm 

shit..

Board index » Resources » FP Addons