Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: [TOOLS] FPT -> Blender Importer - WIP
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:05 pm 

And this was the Cycles Render Import (stopped partyway through render):
Attachment:
TWRender.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:14 am 

Location: orion-cygnus arm, local solar system, earth, europe, germany, ..., here
the problem i have with the lights and materials is, that i did not found a good setup yet.
specially the lights in cycles are very different. lamps in "cycles render" engine do not have the same visual effect than lights in "blender render" engine. for material and lights, i have to learn a lot of compositing to get nicer balance between materials and lights.

if somebody can provide me good materials and lights for all different elements (for both render engines, or one of them - internal and cycles)
... you help is very welcome.

i need materials (/surface/sub-surface-scattering/lights) settings for:
crystal, metal, plastic, rubber, wood
chrome, lamp bubbles, semi transparent plastic,

everything with/without texture,
with/without full/semi transparency,
with/without color tint,
with/without light, ...
and for a combination of all. :shock:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:19 am 

I wish I could help but I don't know how to create materials yet. I'm still learning the basics. And I don't understand why the program needs different materials for different rendering engines.

One thing I just noticed in my screenshots is all the rubbers that wrap around multiple posts are missing but the single post rubbers are there. See the slingshot and drop target areas.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:52 am 

Location: orion-cygnus arm, local solar system, earth, europe, germany, ..., here
Gilrock wrote:
... I don't understand why the program needs different materials for different rendering engines.
... because the different render engines uses their own material definitions, because they are working complete different. one engine is a "fake" - it tries to adapt the reality good as possible by using different non-physical based parameters to tweak to get realistic looking results. the other engine produces "more" physical correct results, that is using physical based parameters. (same with other programs e.g. 3dsmax internal/mental ray/v-ray all these engines uses their own material definitions)
non-physical based render engines can be tweaked to speed up to get similar results much quicker than with physical based engines - but you have to know the right combination of options. but in some situations you will notice issues in rendering - physical based engines gives always a physical correct result. (but even then, you have to know the physical characteristics behind the material/lights/surface)

Gilrock wrote:
One thing I just noticed in my screenshots is all the rubbers that wrap around multiple posts are missing but the single post rubbers are there. See the slingshot and drop target areas.
... thank you, with the version 0.0.201310131 it should be fixed again.

0.0.201310151 has a lamp above the table to illuminate the whole scene a bit.
(got rid of the other lamps - for the moment)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:32 pm 

Just thought i'd take a look whats been happening at gopinball while i've been away and just noticed this post

Thanks for this Beta-Tester

I'm Having fun messing around with it
Here is a quick image based render in maya using vray, still needs work but i was only testing

Attachment:
FGImageBased.jpg

Exported from blender as .obj, Imported into maya, pieces separated into individual models and textured

I had to import missing models from files i had but still eaasy to use your plugin, thanks again

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:51 am 

wow, this looks very realistic. well done
and welcome back

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:45 am 

:o
A beauty, it seems so really, if not for the mini playfield I could not distinguish between real and rendering

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:05 am 

DAMM!!!

and this is REAL!!!

this is great work mate!! it looks so unrealistic real:P

if this is the future, then i know a lot of people will coming back to play pinballs...
and i didn't know what vray for maya was but i have checked it and this is one hell of a nice program,...love it..

for people that also wanna see what it is check:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VxxlVtzMj4

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:53 pm 

highlnder00 wrote:
Just thought i'd take a look whats been happening at gopinball while i've been away and just noticed this post

Thanks for this Beta-Tester

I'm Having fun messing around with it
Here is a quick image based render in maya using vray, still needs work but i was only testing

Attachment:
FGImageBased.jpg

Exported from blender as .obj, Imported into maya, pieces separated into individual models and textured

I had to import missing models from files i had but still eaasy to use your plugin, thanks again

Holy crap!!!!
I've been away for a while as well, this looks amazing.
Could it then be baked and exported back into fp or the new unity pinball?

Glxb

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:42 pm 

Glxb wrote:
Could it then be baked and exported back into fp or the new unity pinball?
unfortunately not...
definitely not write back to FP from blender in a direct way...
new unity pinball i don't know.
you can export the raw geometry and the baked textures from blender to some supported 3d exchange file formats (obj, collada, fbx, ms3d, ...) / 2D texture formats (png, ...)...
that's all...

currently i freezed my project...
only bugfixing at the moment, if somebody report some.
implementing feature requests - maybe.

but please make no request for:
- direct export back to FPT / FPL / FPM,
- transform FTP table to blender game engine - to get a playable table in blender.
that would overload my tiny grain :oops:

PS: how to make a AO (Ambient Occlusion) / shadow texture you can see here:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=4200

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Resources » FP Addons