Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: [TOOLS] FPT -> Blender Importer - WIP
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:14 pm 

beta, I am not sure I understand what I see from francisco,

Can your addOn import a table in blender, bake the light and shadows and recompile the table back with everything in it?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:11 pm 

Location: orion-cygnus arm, local solar system, earth, europe, germany, ..., here
HappyCab wrote:
Can your addOn import a table in blender, bake the light and shadows and recompile the table back with everything in it?

1. yes, the add-on imports all geometry (surfaces, wires, plastics, toys,...), lights and textures in one pass (directly by selecting a .fpt file with respecting all .fpl files)

2. yes, it is possible to make an ambient occlusion, light/shadow, and so on or a full render pass to bake that to a texture.
but you need to put you hands on - add some lights (also negative lights to darken some areas), build a light dome (the internal ambient occlusion option works, but is not so quick and has no anti-aliasing), or bake some details/shadows/spec.lights to toys.

3. nooooo, oh no, unfortunately not, the add-on is not able to recompile the table back to an .fpt or .fpl file.
that would overload my possibilities.
you can save each baked texture to BMP/TGA file format (or BMP/TGA image sequences if you have an animation)
or you can export models directly to MilkShape3D format.

but for you, the 1'st point would be maybe of interest.
you can use blender to import the table and export the scene to an other file format that XSI can read (i don't know how good the formats are supported/if there is loss on conversion ... FBX, COLLADA, OBJ)

PS.: that image (the left part - the textured one) from this post
viewtopic.php?p=60638#p60638
was made by just few clicks - without touching anything - just selecting the render engine, import the table and click render.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:37 pm 

Location: orion-cygnus arm, local solar system, earth, europe, germany, ..., here
francisco666 wrote:
All working fine now. All things are imported with the textures. I only need to add the camera for the render. :D
For this render I have added some points lights and enable indirect lighting in the world tab.
nice... thank you for your example image... and i can see many round lights :P

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:03 pm 

Yeah, the Import is really easy, a simple click, and some seconds of wait.

I have only added 5 points light and the camera for the Pacman render. All the rest are made by the Betta Tool (included textures for everything). :D

I regulary export models made in Blender to milkshape, those models must be of one object, or several ones previous joined. The result is variable depending on the geometry of the model.

Francisco

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:57 pm 

I was just trying this out. I got my table to import but I'm just learning Blender and I can't see how to make it render with the textures. All I get is a greyscale image. If its not hard to describe the steps my goal is to render lighting and shadows and be able to export the playfield image with that burned in.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:07 pm 

Download this
Attachment:
blender camera.rar

First import the table you want to render, or open it, and then follow the instructions of the image in the attach

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:12 pm 

Thanks...that got me further along. For some reason my playfield bitmap was rotated 90 degrees.

I think I'm gonna have to go watch some more Blender training videos. Things I thought would be simple I waste a lot of time on like "how to close a file" and "how to close the render view". I've found help for both of those but was surprised it wasn't more obvious. I also got stuck after scaling an object earlier I couldn't figure out how to unlatch from the object so I could rotate the view. Sometimes it looks like 250 different things I could click on the screen...makes it easy to get lost or miss something.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:47 pm 

So I stumbled on this thread and apparently my texture problem wasn't my fault. I downloaded the latest experimental version of Blender and now my playfield and backglass textures are rendering in the proper orientation. But the plastics are still all rendering solid black even though I can see the textures showing up in the texture panel in blender. I don't see how you guys got the screenshots you did.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1700

Which says:
WARNING: i got informed, that my milkshape add-on in blender 2.68 messed up with the imported UV texture coordinates. it seems that something changes from blender 2.67b to blender 2.68a. all ms3d models, you import to blender 2.68a, will have wrong UV texture coordinates.
at the moment i would suggest you to stay/rollback to blender 2.67b, until i know where the problem is and how to fix it.
i will inform you, as soon i know, what is going on there...

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:48 am 

@francisco666: thank you, that you are more often here than me. ;)

@Gilrock:. the bug in blender is already fixed - but only in the BuildBot (for official, regular bug fixed blender, you have to wait for blender 2.69)
the current version of MilkShape3D add-on is "0.99.3"
and the current version of FuturePinball add-on is "0.0.309051". when you have these versions (or newer, if available), the reason why some plastics are black on the renderings is, because i added lamps close to the places where on the tables are the table light elements. some light model elements covers the light of the blender lams. so the light is not able to shine through the model.
or the lamps are not strong enough to illuminate the plastics.
OR all lamps are not shining to the top of the plastics - only the bottom side are illuminated.

the most quickest way to bring some light also to the top of the plastics is to add a light source on top over the whole table - e.g. by adding a lamp in blender ("Hemi" for example) or you enable in the world settings "Ambient Occlusion" and/or "Environment Lightning"
OOOR, before you import a table, you can switch to "Cycles Render", than there are other material/light settings added by the importer, these brings a little bit more light to the top of the plastics.

maybe i should add an additional lamp generated by the importer, to illuminate the whole scene. :oops:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:04 pm 

Ok I got the plastics to start rendering. I had downloaded the BuildBot version but I think after trying it once I later started the program from a shortcut on my desktop that was still pointing to the official 2.68 release. So I ran the newer version and selected Cycles Render before importing. I get very different results depending on whether its on Cycles Render or Blender Render before the import. When using Cycles Render I seem to get the plastics to render but I lose the lighting around the bulbs on the playfield. With Blender Render you see a glow around the bulbs but plastics are black. Also for many of my lights I used lens textures and an On color. These show up upon import as all white lights but it does show the texture.

Blender Render Import:
Attachment:
TWRender2.png

Thanks for all the work on this Blender add-on. I can tell it was a lot of work.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Resources » FP Addons