Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FP Addons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: FPDMX (formerly Komunik)
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:24 am 

Ok..back with new Ideas...
FP communication with external world applications...

Now this iteration is called FPDMX
In this case it is a demo that work fully with a RS232 16 channel relay board from denkovi.com.

Does it work with your ledWiz or Pac-Drive? I don't know, I don't have any of them and I am not planning on buying all the possible board that exist to found out.. :)

But if they use the same protocol it should. Maybe if you have one ask to their respective builders, who knows?

Get it here:
http://www.realactionpin.com/FPDMX.zip

EXTRACT in a folder

Start FPDMX first, then the FP table. Play as usual.

What you should see on the display :

Hit Front rubbers : Switch no1
Hit the Drain : Switch no3
Hit the Bumper : Switch no8
Hit Inlane triggers : Switch no5

Look at the code for how easy it get to integrate.

Steve

Last edited by HappyCab on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FP COMMUNIK :Hello World!
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:54 am 

Hi

Very interesting and I confirm does work. However it's one way communication. Changing the color quickly it may work like morse code for external application. With some script code we can read some information like current score or table highscore.
Can you have an idea how can we use it for some useable solution? f.e. Pinmame would require two way communication.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 am 

My goal is to make something where FP is not limited with
image sequence and become an increasing heavy horse.

By leaving all the animation outside of it and calling them when the time is needed
I could create a super nice new Backglass system with integrated DMD.

It is not my intention to make it work back and forth with Pinmame. But it could give serious tool to those who like to cream a lot when come the time of showing up their DMD animation skills.

People are actually very limited with 800 to 1200 images. What this thing does is freeing you from that boundary.

what about...800 to 1200 videos instead...:)

BTW technical stuff...

1. my App check for events every half a second. and I think it is very good.
2. with a simple array system of color (E.g. looking at a 8 by 8 tile array of color)
the numbers of events from color combinations are reaching the millions. Basically...FP send a codebar...which I scan and decode, to get the proper animation in a specific forlder..
3. because I scan a 16 pixel by 16 pixel area of the desktop at runtime, the entire process add only 1% of CPU usage...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:16 am 

No doubt about it, this has the potential for adding some WOW factor to backglasses! Thanks for sharing this discovery Steve!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 am 

HappyCab wrote:
I could create a super nice new Backglass system with integrated DMD.

That's interesting idea.
HappyCab wrote:
People are actually very limited with 800 to 1200 images. What this thing does is freeing you from that boundary.

Can you expect that limit calclulation? I'm using font animation method only. In fact you can attach 32 fonts at the same time, but the attachment can be changed all the time. I'm not aware about limitations for that kind of approach. I believe you are talking about standard gfx resource limit used for single animations frames wuth standard bitmap method?
HappyCab wrote:
3. because I scan a 16 pixel by 16 pixel area of the desktop at runtime, the entire process add only 1% of CPU usage...

Do you have an idea how to hide the pixels from user view? I believe you caught the window handler and just read the pixel content...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:36 am 

Quote:
Can you expect that limit calclulation? I'm using font animation method only. In fact you can attach 32 fonts at the same time, but the attachment can be changed all the time. I'm not aware about limitations for that kind of approach. I believe you are talking about standard gfx resource limit used for single animations frames wuth standard bitmap method?

I am mapping 512 events for now. an event for me might be as little as adding 10 points to a dynamic textfield (SCORE) with the font of your choice, while launching at the same time a video underneath (another event) while taking care of the ball you just lost and pointing that the next bonus extraball is in 10k point. I don't see any limitation, really.

Quote:
Do you have an idea how to hide the pixels from user view? I believe you caught the window handler and just read the pixel content...

not possible for the fp part. flash take a snapshot of a 16x16 area located at x0,y0 it need to see it. the one in the communikator though could be covered.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:55 am 

Quote:

Ok...Let me review that comment..I can make it less annoying by using a binarry switch system using 2 colors :black pixel and dark grey pixel(FF0000)

black returm me :0
and non-black(!=) return me :1

BINARIES!!!!

So now I can make a nice MOSTLY INVISIBLE barcode floating at the very top and almost not perceptible by the player. I agree that in the long run, my previous system looked like burnt pixels at some point. Thx for challenging me sebek:)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 pm 

Hi

For sure I don't want to challenge you :) I like experiments you are trying to do. Some time ago I've thought about introducing some global highscore system. My idea was to make some solution that reads highscores (from table or stored configuration files) then sends them via web service to common website (finally f.e. at gopinball or pinsimdb).

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:33 pm 

it is fun you talk about it, there would be no problem sending score to the web with my system...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:22 am 

HappyCab wrote:
it is fun you talk about it, there would be no problem sending score to the web with my system...

Hello Santa claus... I'm currently adding a "Your score" functionnality to pinsimdb - in my spare time, so it shouldn't be available before long (damn too much work and too much diablo 3 ;) )

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Resources » FP Addons