Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » FPM EDITOR and 3D models

Post subject: Re: FPM Model : Stern - MiniSpot
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:54 am 

Steve wrote:
1. Please specify the kind of bulb you need and maybe provide me with a sketch or picture of the object.

I will have a look. It's just a bulb that will fit in the standard flasher object. The regular bulb object is too small, and looks kind of silly . Just being a completist is all.

Quote:
Magnet : no can't do. there is no object with such propriety.

Shame, and I seem to remember that triggers can't be used to fudge it like in VP, though I may be wrong.
Quote:
Please describe what your super plunger would need to do, what do you mena by reliable?

Not really a super plunger. The plunger object seems to have a variation in the force settings like the bumpers. I set up a test, made sure the ball was exactly locked in place for the plunger to hit each time. Pulled the plunger completely back, and got various different speeds every time I tested. Makes skill shots rather tough, and I also think it's the cuprit behind certain shots not being possible like across the playfield type shot like High speed, as it seems to add even more spin to the ball than normal. Was just wondering on that, as it's maddening sometimes.

Quote:
"...I believe the Model system is limited and not adjustable in size or are modifiable in the actual editor, correct?"

-Not sure what you mean.can you rephrase I speak french usualy.

Sorry, and my French is more than likely far worse. I mean that models can not be resized, diameter changed, height adjusted within the FP editor, they can only be built as is in the 3d graphics program. So if say I wanted to build with a new type of bulb, it's like everything else, it's just the one size and if I wanted different, then it would have to be made at the different size I want in a 3d graphics program.

Quote:
"...Are physic properties from one object assignable to another object?"
any 3d model can become whatever you need, as long as the propritety is in FPM editor.

Steve

That's good to know. So if I understand this correctly, If you developed and drew as a example a model that looks like a flipper, but assign it the properties of say the bumper physics , the model would act like a bumper does instead? And if so, would the properties as a bumper show up on the right hand sided options in the editor?

Sorry, a better example. Assign a spin disk physics to a flipper, and you would have a spinning flipper like in Monopoly

(I haven't looked at your new model, but I'm guessing that may be the case. Sure opens up some interesting ideas if true)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:40 am 

It's an old thread, but I needed this model. Loaded it into the table and it was far too large. Steve - thank you so much for this.. so simple and yet adds an authentic touch to my table, and I'm sure will be used my many.

So, I've taken the liberty of creating models at 50%, and 75% of the original size. With Steve's permission, I'll upload a table with the new, re-scaled models. One of the three will fit your needs, I'm sure!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:49 am 

you don't need my permission to repost anything I do :D (just rename it though, so the original is still available for someone else to mod!)

It's a free community.

Steve

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:09 pm 

My mother taught me it was polite to ask :D

Thanks Steve - I feel the same way you do, but when you're new to a forum, it's not a bad idea to sound the atmosphere out!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:20 pm 

I know this is a really old post but I have a problem with the model. when I attempt to import it into the game it shows as nothing! Also, it crashes the editor

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:10 pm 

has anyone got the texture file for the lamp (not the plug)?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:03 am 

It is possible to change fiew things in modeling.

In the past i have created functionnable kickers, but in angles. One that was 90 degree of angle with the playfield and an other that is at 45 degree of the playfield.

You can find it at:
http://pinsimdb.org/pinres/entry-1681-kickers_in_angles

I know that its also possible to create and change bulb light. I also know that it is possible to create other things, as longer and wider flippers.

Of course you must use the FPMeditor to extract the Milkshape3D model. Also have the Milkshape3d software to create models. I suggest that you have the Milkshape3D version 1.8.4 or version 1.8.2 to create your models.

If you want to know fiew basic things about modeling with Milkshape3D, you can then look at my free pdf guide at:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60m6W-FuLPHOUlLYXFVMGRlX1k/view?usp=sharing
It's a good thing that Mete Ciragan has givin me the permissions and authorizations that i can do printscreens of his software Milkshape3D. Because of so i had been able to create this free pdf guide.

Board index » Resources » FPM EDITOR and 3D models