Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » We're all players » Challenges

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Highscore Thread for Pinball Tables, with the initials "
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:58 pm 

adambrooks wrote:
First ball was amazing though had the table lit up like a christmas tree and the bonus at the end must have been ticking down for a bout 10 seconds:)

wha-what-WHAT??!!!!

2,305,240!... 2,305,240!!! Nice man! Very Nice! You have, very quickly, broken through the curve of talent have have started a great climb into the level of endurance! :ugeek:

It's nice to see you have seen and heard the Sea Witch animation for the complete bonus. Totally cracked me up the first time I saw the lights and heard the thunderous sounds. I was all like "Oh yea! that's going to be big... I did great!" :D

Such a great and beautiful old table. A true Stern Classic... and a wonderfully true recreation. Plus, Martin Brunker's version doesn't come with cigarette stains all over the apron glass... and that is always nice. ;)

11/11/11 is still a very long way away... so for now... I'll have to relinquish my crown to you adambrooks "Winner of the Sea Witch Battle Royale" :geek: ...May you wear it with pride!

------------------

I have a confession to make... I have been releasing my hate and becoming one with the Empire table. There has already been some great tremors in the force. :twisted: ...I'll soon put up a score that will make even the dark emperor, himself, blush.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:40 am 

Well i may have won the battle but the war is uncertain :)

I think playing this table has improved my ability for all tables as it does require patience and endurance. I cracked the scores fairly comfortably and feel that i can still do a lot better on this table. I find it really relaxing and just seem to connect with it. Thanks for my crown i will wear it with pride until the day of the next Seawitch battle royale :)

I also have been trying to score better on the star wars table since onlinechaos posted his high score of almost 2mil!! At the moment i seem to be struggling with it and cannot even get to my own previous score of a mear 900,000. For some reason this table makes me rather giddy and i find it hard to keep control of the table. I know i can work this table a lot better and will try to find the magic this weekend.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:09 am 

my current star wars score stands at 1,845,120 failed badly on my last couple of balls. Im not actually sure how i got this score tbh i didnt advance very far in terms of gettin to sith master and stuff but i did light the bonus in the right hand lane which was activated when my ball flew down there so im guessin that gives a nice bonus. Wont be long before i set a score hopefully :)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:04 pm 

I took me 40 minutes, on my first ball, for it to sink in... I will be first to admit that I am not always the sharpest tool in the shed. :oops: For those who know what I am talking about... I must say that I have never ceased to be absolutely amazed by how well Russell's game mechanics were thought out. I see the true point of this table now (which I have only completed twice... for now)... I wish he was here still to talk to him about it... He was a pretty cool dude.

This screen is not about 7 million... it was 29 before I stopped.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/583/ggslam.jpg

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:19 pm 

@ SirQuestinghood
i didn`t spent much time on this table, but i am a bit wondering of scoring 7 mio with only destroying 5 x-wings ???
when i remember right, i destroyed about 40 x-wings to reach 2 mio !?
do i miss an essential info for this award ??

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:37 pm 

The counter flips... 99 + 1 = 00 ;) Or "over the top" so to speak.

:)

It's not about score... it's about hitting that darn hole at the top... in multi ball. ;)

Because, that score might seem to crazy... I'll give you an idea on how I hit it. *Spoiler alert!!!! Stop reading!!! You can stack (cue-up) up *something*... unlimited... from *****

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:48 pm 

i dont get it..is there an error in the coding?lol

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:54 pm 

adambrooks wrote:
i dont get it..is there an error in the coding?lol

I personally think that Russell knew that the hole was very hard to hit... plus it grabs you screen to show you the little mini movie... I don't think it is an error in coding... but a very well thought out play mechanic.

Don't forget that Russell was a very good player. Hmmm there is a post of his on future pinball data base that might give you an understanding of how well he knew the game...

I'll see if I can still find it. brb

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:01 pm 

ok sorry i didnt know the man...did he work on the design of this table and he recently passed away?..sounds like a real pinball passionate. that score is nuts..trust you to find this!:)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:05 pm 

Between looking/playing his mods... and this post... you might have an idea of what I'm trying to say about his understanding... of the game. :)

[edit]

God! I hope he didn't pass away... just went on to other stuff. :?

Tommy! :D

Last edited by SirQuestinghood on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Board index » We're all players » Challenges