Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » We're all players » Challenges

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Highscore Thread for Pinball Tables, with the initials "
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:21 am 

Helirist wrote:
A nice high score on a nice table. Congrats adambrooks :)
I would to like to have a little competition at this table with you, but unfortunately I get not more than like 12 FPS.
I think that lies on the flash animations. Whenever a table used these animations is my frame rate in the basement. :(
Can one disable that not somehow?

Stefan

I have the same problem as you I cannot play because I have 11fps, the table bug it is a real pity. I tried everything the regulations possible but that changes nothing. :( Ben

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:51 am 

im pretty sure i tried to play the table in the past but couldnt do so due to my laptop overheating...i recently cleaned my fan out and my lappy runs a lot better now, though i have to open it up every week to do a graphics card fix because it took me too long to sort the fan out..in my lappy i use a nvidia 8800M 128mb graphics card, core 2 duo, 3gb ram which just about does it..i have to make sure i am not runnin anything else in windows including yahoo messenger, explorer/firefox etc..so try to run as little as possible. i also have video/rendering on minimum with most things unchecked..i was suprised to see it run so smooth tbh.

i dont think it helps having 2 DMD displays either but im not sure how to fix that, At first the table was a lil jumpy for me but as soon as i turned off yahoo messenger and a few other processes in windows it runs smooth

hey helirist, just an idea but i was thinking it might be a good idea to do a highscore list so its easy to see what high scores have been set on what tables and by who without having to look through the forums.

Last edited by adambrooks on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 am 

new high score for dark knight on my second try of the day :lol:

basically i managed to get the thug bonus, scarecrow jackpot, bat mobile level 3, couple of other bits and multiball jackpots.

score: 6,517,800

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 am 

Thank you for your efforts Alex

Hmm.... i have now uncheck all in video/rendering whats possible ( choosing "presets" to "minimum", uncheck all "filters", "dynamic lighting", "flashers", "playfield lights"......).

GBoost activated, by hand over the taskmanager all the unimportant processes what Gboost not have it do "deactivates". Except my anti-virus program "GData". This can i, oddly way, do not disable. Anyone know, why not?

In the main editor by "lightseq" the "flasher blink" uncheck, the most reflection "reflects off playfield" uncheck, "glossiness" set to zero, all in "LightList manager" deleted, all in "ImageList manager" deleted, all in "Music manager" deleted.

Then i have curious start the table and................ :o :? :oops: :cry: wuuuäääh :cry: :x :evil: :cry: Not even a single, lonely, tiny, poor, frame I got.

I am so sure that it lies on this animations, who generate the movie scenes for example. Because, as I already said, with all tables with (flash?)-animations these problems appear.

Please! Does anyone have a bright, solving idea?

Edit: Sorry i forgot in my pain. Great new high score adambrooks And, as usual, very nicely of called to the play extras. Very exemplarily. Thanks to you. :)

Stefan

and
SENSE OF BELONGING,
on the
WorldWideWeb.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:55 pm 

Helirist wrote:
Thank you for your efforts Alex

Hmm.... i have now uncheck all in video/rendering whats possible ( choosing "presets" to "minimum", uncheck all "filters", "dynamic lighting", "flashers", "playfield lights"......).

GBoost activated, by hand over the taskmanager all the unimportant processes what Gboost not have it do "deactivates". Except my anti-virus program "GData". This can i, oddly way, do not disable. Anyone know, why not?

In the main editor by "lightseq" the "flasher blink" uncheck, the most reflection "reflects off playfield" uncheck, "glossiness" set to zero, all in "LightList manager" deleted, all in "ImageList manager" deleted, all in "Music manager" deleted.

Then i have curious start the table and................ :o :? :oops: :cry: wuuuäääh :cry: :x :evil: :cry: Not even a single, lonely, tiny, poor, frame I got.

I am so sure that it lies on this animations, who generate the movie scenes for example. Because, as I already said, with all tables with (flash?)-animations these problems appear.

Please! Does anyone have a bright, solving idea?

Edit: Sorry i forgot in my pain. Great new high score adambrooks And, as usual, very nicely of called to the play extras. Very exemplarily. Thanks to you. :)

Stefan

One thing you can try Stefan:
In your table and/or libraries folder there should be a lib called tdkdmd.fpl, try moving that somewhere else so FP can't find it.
It will give you an error that it couldn't find the lib but the table will play fine just without the animations.
Hope this helps as Indy Stern uses a similar system for the dmd. (I'll send you a test version soon).
Also you are uses the normal version and not Ultra aren't you?

GLXB

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:26 pm 

Glxb wrote:
GLXB

From BTDK I try both.
I deleted the tdkdmd.fpl file but, I get to only 2 frames more.
That's all very strange Martin.
I can play so far, your tables (IJ, FG, AF) all with 2 monitors and medium settings. But hey, they are also demanding tables. IJ and FG also even with normal gfx.
If it were possible to find the reason for this brake, I could apply this to all tables make the problems. It must be possible to find the guilty (mistake). Can one perhaps what change to the script?

Stefan

and
SENSE OF BELONGING,
on the
WorldWideWeb.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:32 pm 

Helirist wrote:
Glxb wrote:
GLXB

From BTDK I try both.
I deleted the tdkdmd.fpl file but, I get to only 2 frames more.
That's all very strange Martin.
I can play so far, your tables (IJ, FG, AF) all with 2 monitors and medium settings. But hey, they are also demanding tables. IJ and FG also even with normal gfx.
If it were possible to find the reason for this brake, I could apply this to all tables make the problems. It must be possible to find the guilty (mistake). Can one perhaps what change to the script?

Stefan

Its something to do with the way those tables use extra textures for the FAKE dmd. My tables that you mention use edited fonts which is a lot less demanding on the pc.
I'll have a look to see if anything simple can be done but it may not be possible.
Because Indy Stern uses a some scenes straight from the film it has not been possible to use the same system as my other tables without it looking awfull.
I'll keep looking.
GLXB

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 pm 

Thank you for your kindly help Martin. I really appreciate very much. :D

Stefan

and
SENSE OF BELONGING,
on the
WorldWideWeb.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:15 am 

Helirist wrote:

Stefan

Hi, I've tried removing the dmd completely but it makes no difference to the frame rate (i'm getting about 11 FPS on my laptop as well).
So I think it's just all the lighting fx.
Sorry nothing I can go without starting again.

I will send you Indy Stern via PM very soon so you can keep tabs on how well that plays, at the moment on my laptop I'm getting the same as Family Guy and Addams Family.

GLXB

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:52 am 

Glxb wrote:
Helirist wrote:

Stefan

Hi, I've tried removing the dmd completely but it makes no difference to the frame rate (i'm getting about 11 FPS on my laptop as well).
So I think it's just all the lighting fx.
Sorry nothing I can go without starting again.

I will send you Indy Stern via PM very soon so you can keep tabs on how well that plays, at the moment on my laptop I'm getting the same as Family Guy and Addams Family.

GLXB

Hi, GLXB i wanted to ask you if you can play with 11 fps? It would be really good to be able to play this table otherwise it would be really disappointing. But maybe that that will walk because your files are maybe more compressed than the other tables with dmd of movie.
Ben

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Board index » We're all players » Challenges