Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » We're all players » Challenges

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: GO PINBALL TOURNAMENT
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:22 am 

Nash wrote:

Russel has done a great job for Centaur ultra edition in terms of realism. Personally I think so far it has the most realistic physics and sounds I have ever seen. It can only get better I believe.

+1 to the above. Alternate subject to this thread, I know, but Centaur ultra really is an incredible recreation. If any of you haven't tried it, its probably one of the best playing FP tables I've yet tried. I've played the real thing and although it wasn't recently, this recreation just felt "right".

Holy crap, I better get going on this tournament thing! I just finally bought my playfield screen for my pincab project and ... its... difficult... to ... not ... test it.... must ... play... tournament game!....

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 pm 

SLAMT1LT wrote:
Nash wrote:
Yesterday I've played a real T2 Pinball just for the sake of it. If I compare REAL T2 VS FP T2 it is a lot harder on a real machine. The ball drops very fast that might be equal to FP table slope 20 + soft rubbers on powerful flippers.

However, I understand that physics are the most difficult part to simulate in FP but still think it would be great to have more realistic ball drops in the future.

Russel has done a great job for Centaur ultra edition in terms of realism. Personally I think so far it has the most realistic physics and sounds I have ever seen. It can only get better I believe.

Cheers,

I think I've got FP physics as good as they will ever be right now. I'm not sure if the Newton physics engine has been updated recently or if there's a better physics engine out there, but with the current version FP it's as good as it's going to get for us.

With the power of modern computers today, perfect real-world physics are certainly achieveable. I think Pinball FX2 is the benchmark right now for the best possible pinball physics in a video game. I've been trying to get FP up to that standard but it can't be done. We're close though.

Nice to hear that you made it as good as possible. I watched FX2 on youtube. Too bad they have the psysics, cus the rest far from your tables! =) I really liked the psysics in Medival-Madness. Does T2 ULTRA table have the same psysics or can it be done better now (since the release is older than M-Madness table)?

I though Visual Pinball had the best psysics. If you join them you can probably get all the spurce code and maybe make their psysics better than FX2. You have no limits SLAM! I hope you get everything you want in life! =)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:30 am 

Yikes, deadline is today right? I'll have to get cracking, I started configuring the HyperPin software and trying FP on the 42" LED screen that will be my playfield. BIG MISTAKE! Next thing I know, it's 3:00am! :)

will get cracking on this; should make the deadline for tonight no problemo. Just hope the score is ok!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 am 

I've grown to hate this table and that drain-inducing left ramp.

*shakes fist*

Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Struct
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jumbobunny1

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:07 pm 

D_Struct wrote:

*shakes fist*

For me its the right ramp that has become my demon :) . Ive finally managed to score 1 superjackpot so i'm gonna stick with that score. I need a break from this possessed machine...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:27 pm 

I tried some games today and I don't think I got over 10 million many times. :evil:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:48 pm 

TimeWellWasted wrote:
D_Struct wrote:

*shakes fist*

For me its the right ramp that has become my demon :) . Ive finally managed to score 1 superjackpot so i'm gonna stick with that score. I need a break from this possessed machine...

My biggest issue is having nudge setup on my X-Arcade Tankstick.

By default, the second side buttons are set to left and right mouse clicks. So, I've got nudge set to two of the top buttons. This makes having a continued scoring streak difficult, at best. No nudge = lots of drains.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Struct
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jumbobunny1

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:19 pm 

D_Struct wrote:
TimeWellWasted wrote:
D_Struct wrote:

*shakes fist*

By default, the second side buttons are set to left and right mouse clicks. So, I've got nudge set to two of the top buttons. This makes having a continued scoring streak difficult, at best. No nudge = lots of drains.

I think xhotkey from the x-arcade website allows you to remap those...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:35 pm 

D_Struct wrote:
TimeWellWasted wrote:
D_Struct wrote:

*shakes fist*

no nudge damn....i couldnt get 10Mil without nudge i think.
Maybe you should buy a gamepad, its my preferred controller for desktop pinball. I nudge with the left analog stick, so you can react VERY quick.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:32 pm 

Question: If we submit a score and then we play before the deadline and beat the crap out of that score, can we submit another or is it just the first submission that counts?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next

Board index » We're all players » Challenges