Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » We're all players » Challenges

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: GO PINBALL TOURNAMENT
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:35 pm 

n3X_VI wrote:
you want psychological warfare?

anyone familiar with the term "super jackpot whoring"? last game was that good, my aim for the last place is in serious danger ;)

I always have problem taking the jackpots.....and on top of that Arnold,s freaking tease "you missed" but I got some jackpots today!!!

I already posted my score and it,s the best ever on T2 for me but...I don`t know how good you all are ;) now I am doubting myself!! Damn you!! ;)

MySpace
-----------------------------

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:42 pm 

ha, it's working! :D

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:13 pm 

i just cant make any of the jackpot shots :/ , let alone super jackpots...
Great fun though :-)

I also wanna report one frequently reoccurring bug on my system.

^ T2ultra.1.11 with physics 2.3 ^

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:39 pm 

Thanks for the detailed bug report. Bumpers are wildly unpredictable in FP and can punch the ball through impossibly small gaps sometimes. The best way to counter this is by adding invisible walls to plug every gap. I'll take care of this, just in case it's affecting your high score! ;)

Table fixed and updated:

T2 ULTRA 1.12:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nvvjl6

Anyone who's already submitted a high score can re-submit if they want to.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:26 pm 

Yeah, bugs ATTACK. :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 am 

I'm now certain that Slam is, indeed, a sadist.

It's a good thing I don't have children. There's been a lot of cursing at my cab tonight. Loud and creative cursing.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Struct
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jumbobunny1

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:36 am 

Yesterday I've played a real T2 Pinball just for the sake of it. If I compare REAL T2 VS FP T2 it is a lot harder on a real machine. The ball drops very fast that might be equal to FP table slope 20 + soft rubbers on powerful flippers.

However, I understand that physics are the most difficult part to simulate in FP but still think it would be great to have more realistic ball drops in the future.

Russel has done a great job for Centaur ultra edition in terms of realism. Personally I think so far it has the most realistic physics and sounds I have ever seen. It can only get better I believe.

Cheers,

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:56 am 

D_Struct wrote:
I'm now certain that Slam is, indeed, a sadist.

It's a good thing I don't have children. There's been a lot of cursing at my cab tonight. Loud and creative cursing.

:lol: I used to play online shooters and I would swear so loud the neighbours from upstairs would come down and complain. I don't play online shooters anymore, I find Pinball much more relaxing....well it is for me anyway :D

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:08 am 

Nash wrote:
Yesterday I've played a real T2 Pinball just for the sake of it. If I compare REAL T2 VS FP T2 it is a lot harder on a real machine. The ball drops very fast that might be equal to FP table slope 20 + soft rubbers on powerful flippers.

However, I understand that physics are the most difficult part to simulate in FP but still think it would be great to have more realistic ball drops in the future.

Russel has done a great job for Centaur ultra edition in terms of realism. Personally I think so far it has the most realistic physics and sounds I have ever seen. It can only get better I believe.

Cheers,

I think I've got FP physics as good as they will ever be right now. I'm not sure if the Newton physics engine has been updated recently or if there's a better physics engine out there, but with the current version FP it's as good as it's going to get for us.

With the power of modern computers today, perfect real-world physics are certainly achieveable. I think Pinball FX2 is the benchmark right now for the best possible pinball physics in a video game. I've been trying to get FP up to that standard but it can't be done. We're close though.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:15 am 

Ive played all T2 versions on Visual Pinball yesterday and this version is the most fun I think. :) Actually it's pretty damn hard rules in this table. I think it's silly to lock balls in multiball to get X jackpot. : )

For this table I think it's awsome. The only bad things that take some of the fun away is:
* the flippers is not strong enough to hit the ramps with the speed needed. It's boring when the ball comes back from the ramp so often and you must try to save it.
* impossible to hit the damn skull when you need it. :mrgreen: Seams very hard to hit with a normal shoot.
* too easy to lose the ball on the sides

Maybe the real table is like this. I played it as a child and I know I died very fast. :lol: On youtube it's seams alot easier to hit the ramps so maybe it's possible to tweak it a little.

Ive send in my score now. I hope I atleast can get to the next round, but I daubt so. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next

Board index » We're all players » Challenges