Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » Tutorials, how-to's, bug report and docs

Post subject: GFX2DMD
 Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:07 pm 

:roll: FINALLY. I figured out how to use GFX2DMD. So i am going to make you a Simple Step by Step guide. Because there are no TUTORIALS, videos, or instructions on how to do this, and it took me almost 2 hours to find out what i was doing wrong. FUTURE PINBALL has 2 modes, either HudOverlay where you import animation stills, and real DMD where it uses FONTS. GFX2DMD is for the fonts. SO here we go. We will create font graphics...

1 FIRST.. download GFX2DMD HERE
http://futurepinball.mm.com.pl/Gfx2DmdF/

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: GFX2DMD
 Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:26 pm 

:shock: here is part 2. to the TUTORIAL. for more questions, leave comment. This should help us make some cool DMD's finally.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:39 pm 

this should be a BIG help. because i remember i tried figuring this program out a few other times and did not have success. And the official site does not explain very well. Maybe we can have more DMD links and ideas on here to help with DMD's scripting, importing, good sources and such..

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:15 am 

Lolll :lol: :lol: .

I'm glad that you make some guide to help peoples with Dmd.

Here is my step by step guide about mostly Dmd and Gfx2DmdF that ive build. I'm sure it gonna help your self. It is very well explained, with images and explain things as script with details. My free pdf guides can be read online (if you dont have some pdf file reader as "Adobe Reader" from: http://www.adobe.com/reader), and you can download it also; so once downloaded you dont need to be online to read my free pdf guides.

Here is the direct link to my free pdf guide about how to create some Dmd's into Futurepinball: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60m6W-FuLPHZ0VRWHFLTThTUFk/view?usp=sharing. Just take a look, do the exercises; and mostly have fun!

My free pdf guides written all by my self, is made thank's to peoples here on Gopinball.com, Pinsimdb.org, Futurepinball.com, Gfx2DmdF; even Mister Ton Roosendaal the president and chairman of the Blender.org have accepted. I know that some of you might find my self boring to give my thank's. But it is always important for my self to do so. Have some fun reading my free pdf guides. A+

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:35 am 

Good job , pinballfun4uz..... bravo

Gianfranco

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:05 pm 

I agree franzleo. Pinballfun4uz might give to peoples possibly even better ways to explain the software Gfx2DmdF beside my ways. Ways that could even show my self as others, different perspectives of views. Keep going Pinballfun4uz A+

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:12 pm 

Thanks 20degree. I just learned the GFX2DMD.. so I will try to work also on DMD.. i could not find very easy answers to help me use the program. So the more "we" learn about the programs i think the games we make will be better. It is not easy making real DMD but it looks very nice. It takes lots of time..

:P very nice franzleo i like your art i really like this one. color and black and white. like a hair stylist poster i once saw in a store window in the 80's. I like the bright colors and wavy hair.

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:56 am 

pinballfun4uz wrote:
......... here is part 2. to the TUTORIAL.......

This is a test I did. The "Haunted Castle" to great becomes small and then again becomes great.
My problem is that I can not save in one font, all 23 animations.
I can not select them all......I can save only 1 frame ..... why?
greetings

Gianfranco

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:06 pm 

franz, unless I am mistaken you don't have to repeat sequence in gfx2dmd. you do it programmaticaly in fp. you put frames into an Array and play that array the way you like.

I am kind of not too bad with this software and can help you if you explain better what it is you want to achieve.

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:19 pm 

Here is a DMD demo that has great scripts that i am also using. I found this on VpForums.
Like the next tutorial says, don't go to save job, just Export the Font and you should have 1 file with all the frames in that file.. I hope my tutorial will help.. It does take a little time to figure it all out.. I will also show a simple script so you can see how it all works.

Demo - http://www.mediafire.com/download/933f1 ... demo12.zip

Board index » Resources » Tutorials, how-to's, bug report and docs