Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pinball Nintendo Nes
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:39 am 

Quote:
. told me he just copied it out of BAM and pasted it into the script. ...So I don't think even he understands it very well. I think the way it works is he makes adjustments in BAM when he is looking at the table. When he makes it look right, he copies the settings and pastes it into the script. ...So it is impossible to understand what the 0's and 1's mean.

I agree with what you are saying as a principle of using Bam...
You play with the settings, then see immediately the results and then save them or in some cases copy and paste them

That's all you need to know to start...

Code:
'                              DstX     DstY     DstZ     RotX     RotY     RotZ    Scale     Time
Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo(    230,       0,     568,     -90,       0,       0,    0.56,       0)

I still do not understand everything completely, but I do understand th numbers above.
As you can see in code above, when you paste the moveto code from bam it actually also shows you what the parameters mean...

Distx, y and z are the measures of movement of your object in those directions from its initial position
Rotx,y and z refers to rotation of your object in the x, y or z axes
Scale is the size of the object
Time refers how long it takes to animate the object from its previous settings to your current settings (it animates movment of the object)

So let's say instead, that I change it to
Code:
Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo(    100,       0,     0,     0,       0,       0,    .56,       0)

Everything is 0's except scale is the same. and X is now 100
This means the only thing that will be changed is the x position((object is moved 100 unitis to the right)) a zero means no change...in everything but scale and time

These numbers refer to change from
Starting position (except time I believe is time from previous position to currrent)

A zero in the scale position will make the object vanish
A zero in the time position will make the object move to that location instantaneously
if the time number is changed from 0 to whatever...then bam will animate the movement
and the obect with glide to the that location in the time that is specified.

You do not need to actually understand all this as George says...
in the BAM menu you move the object and you immediately see the results of even the animation to the next position.

you press control C and then go to script and press control V and that's it...

Last edited by Gimli on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:27 pm 

Interesting. I guess you just removed the headings in the script and left the content.

You understand it better than I thought but then you are the MiniPlayField King!

George

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:13 pm 

guys, my problem, it's not like moving the miniplayfiled,that understood him.

the real problem is when things do not work, the real ability is to try to solve the problem.

and if you do not know how Bam commands work, how can you solve problems?

I said it before, it was enough, see a video, I repeat a minute and a half, that bob, sent me, and I understand how to create and move the miniplayfield.

the biggest problem is why the ball disappears from the vertical miniplayfield, damn...in the horizontal one, instead, no.yet and the same miniplay

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:37 pm 

Yes that is currently the issue with vertical is keeping ball on playfield and having the kickers work...
It must also be difficult in real table.
Imagine a real vertical table

Do we have to trick it somehow to work. You need a glass top to prevent ball from leaving and somehow change how ball interacts with kickers

Bam has a beta that Rav sent that Wild and I have and are experimenting with. It allows unique tweaking of each miniplayfields physics

Playing with these numbers helps...again I don't completely understand them but I can see what they do and once again you simply copy and paste to script when you are happy with result..

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:08 pm 

Ok here is the Goal from my perspective. This works perfectly on my computer.
But does not on Wilds. But if I can get it to work for him...and eventually others then
we are on to something I think....

Please observe only two things:

1. I have used Ravarcades new gravity settings on the main playfield to get the ball
to bounce off the pink moving target at the top

2. I have done the same in the vertical MP to get the ball to bounce of mario

Somehow this has the right recipe (just blind luck) to keep the ball on the vertical MP
and for the kickers to work :D

Paolo this is how it works for me:

https://youtu.be/xS1IV96WsGs

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:24 pm 

Again, please understand the term "miniplafield' is confusing. We chose this term, because the Krull
table was the first to use the technology of Ravarcade, in that table it was only needed to scale and move a "miniplyfield" onto the table

Think of a "miniplayfield" in BAM as a Sandbox or fisherman's net. (you can have 16 of them at once...)
You grab something in the room and then you can move it , scale it and animate.

In this current table we have defined 4 such "miniplayfields" or sandboxes...
"Miniplayfield_0" is the first one I defined - for pink object I placed in top left corner
"Miniplayfield_1" is the next - for Mario MP that we move to vertical position
"Miniplayfield_2" is for the minitable to use for people with Cabinets (with no backglass)
"Miniplayfield_3" is to grab the main playfield. This converts it to a "miniplayfield" so that
the new miniplayfield gravity physics can be assigned to it. This gravity adjustment
in addition to using BAM "physics tweaks" to make hard rubber more elastic makes the ball bounce

https://youtu.be/5S26OMB7wSw

Last edited by Gimli on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:43 pm 

In the above video at the end, you will see me adjust all of the moveto parameters on the main table one at a time... so you can see how they work....

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:52 pm 

thank you so much...bro..really...I understood this thank to you, just how to save it is not clear to me, I have to write the parameters by hand, but I see this later, I want to understand what to do to prevent the ball from disappearing ....

I'll put a video

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:36 pm 

here the video...so this way,is for who, the scrolling camera used,like me.

this is the miniplayfiled,do from me, I also put another surface to prevent the ball fall under the mp surface, which I do not understand since it is collidable

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:47 pm 

this is the same nimiplayfild,(captured with my steel network :lol: ) in blackglass..1-2-3..bingo...the ball is it disappears, by magic....

now here is the beauty of the whole discussion, what have you done, bob, as in your video, that the ball does not disappear, let it go for now that there are kickers....but I want to understand what to do? please

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP