Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pinball Nintendo Nes
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:39 pm 

Gimli wrote:
In the new year I can try a series of videos to explain Bam.
Once you see ...it is infinitely easier than without BAM! It is "WYSIWYG" what you see is what you get

it was not for you, my comment about Bam, but for those who run the Bam section.

you do not have to do it,by force,videos, not only for me, but for those who want to decide to use Bam,in this case.

what is....wysiwyg....booooooooo.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:16 pm 

wild wrote:
as much as I can strain, Bam, for me it's too much, too complicated, to understand and use.....

So are you having trouble installing it or coding the script to use miniplayfields like the game on your backboard?

WYSIWYG is basically used to describe computer systems that are easy to use.

George

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:40 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
wild wrote:
as much as I can strain, Bam, for me it's too much, too complicated, to understand and use.....

So are you having trouble installing it or coding the script to use miniplayfields like the game on your backboard?

WYSIWYG is basically used to describe computer systems that are easy to use.

George

well,redarg to installing ,I not....but many people think so, your kilometric explanation can be a double-edged sword.

because you would be able to insert miniplayfields also on the moon?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:51 pm 

I would install miniplayfields on the moon if I could, it would finally give it a use other than reflection of the suns light and creation of tides:)

Miniplayfield is a confusing term, it should be" everything in the FP room object editor"

FP moveto xyz is impossible. ...exit game ,. tweak numbers try again....repeat 1million times until it works.....

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:11 am 

Bam lets you visually see where you are putting any object or group of objects together in whatever size , rotation or movement you want and then if you press control + c bam save the code for you to paste into the script

sorry for the rant. ...
I will step back from the ring of power and remain Gimli the dwarf

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:30 am 

The capability that BAM has brought to FP is awesome (thanks RAV... again :) ), along with it's use by FP Table developers (like yourself Wild, & Gimli); which is much appreciated by us end users... - so I for one will most definitely look forward to any vids/tutorials that can be provided.

Apologies, I digress... As for the development of "Pinball Nintendo Nes", I'm sure that you will get there in the end Wild - and if I could help out, I would (I am still in the early stages of learning FP (and hope to develop a table that I can share during 2018), just a lot of aspects to get my head around - and being honest... BAM is the reason I want to learn how to use FP).

Regards,

Gin

Last edited by Gin on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:38 am 

Thx Gin ,
I will try!

Quote:
not to mention gravity, mass, weight, and all the loot.....too complicated for me.

It is too complicated for me too!
That's the beauty of "WYSIWYG"
Play with numbers whatever they mean , see the results ,and if you like it
Then save it...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:10 am 

this will be, my last table, regardless if I can finish it or not.

I'm tired of always asking for help,for my table.for charity, I have always received it, and I thank everyone for this......but sometimes even collaborating with others can be frustrating.
I do not have the skills of popotte, or franzleo,smoke,or many others.

it is precisely this that makes me "angry", because you receive help,and not can understand this help...it is a paradox.

Bam, it's a great thing, but not for me, and my skills.....perhaps, for people, like franzleo, smoke, popotte, who have high capacities, but not for me.

if in the future I will have ... better, I can make a table alone, alone, alone, well, you can see it in PinSimDB.org.but here in gopinball, my adventure ends with this table.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:34 pm 

I am guessing the script you can't understand looks like what I pasted below. I had no clue what it was when I saw it the first time. Gimli told me he just copied it out of BAM and pasted it into the script. ...So I don't think even he understands it very well. I think the way it works is he makes adjustments in BAM when he is looking at the table. When he makes it look right, he copies the settings and pastes it into the script. ...So it is impossible to understand what the 0's and 1's mean.

I understand your frustration. You know more about building a table than I do and yet I look have helped on many tables. ...So I think your experience is valuable. Why don't you try just putting it down for a while and come back later. This is what Gimli and I do. It took us forever to finish Creature from the Black Lagoon but we got there. Gimli and I had a few disagreements on how the table should work so we just provided 2 options for the end user and let them decide on how they want it to work.

Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0)
Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0)
Call MiniPlayField_3.MoveTo( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0)
Call MiniPlayField_4.MoveTo( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0)
Call MiniPlayField_5.MoveTo( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

George

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:15 am 

Gin to help you understand how to create Futurepinball games, i suggest that you see my free pdf guides, you can also download them all and use it. I explain into it things about FP, with also many printscreens images with step by step experiments, i believe it will help you so much; as it has helped many peoples around the world.

Here is the link to the Futurepinball Free PDF Guides:
http://sylvain.heliohost.org/creations/futurepinball/guides.html

You can also find the guides on Google by searching this:
"Futurepinball Free Pdf Guides"

I'm sure Gin, that it will help you!

A+

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP