Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP

Post subject: Star Trek xse version 1.3
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:15 am 

After talking about flippers and physics, and mentioning the Old Star Trek xse, I played it again and realized that it was time for a update. Took a bit longer, but I needed a break from another project with heavy scripting, and it's always nice to visit a old friend...

This is a very different playing version than the first version, far faster, far more bounce, and quite a bit easier. There were lots of very small changes and a couple major ones, so I will list what I can remember off the top of my head...

*** Version 1.2.3 ***
(Note, I forgot to release this. Oops)
* The lets change this to make the game play tougher edition
* Changes to just about everything, inner lanes narrower, PopBumpers less jet propelled etc
* Fixed a stupid error I made that I will never admit to for the rest of my life
* replay scores changed, higher scores needed at standard settings, lower scores for alternate setting
3 ball at 220000/460000 and 1800/42000
5 ball at 280000/570000 and 240000/480000
* Changed the Surfacephysics wall to 32.1. Maybe that will fix that stupid problem with plastic textures once and for all
* Tried to make the hyper and warp lanes harder to get. (including "heavy wall" left flipper) Really did too good of a job with balancing, and of course they are the highest scoring values (why did Bally do stuff like that anyway? They made their games so tough to play, but always had a rule flaw that scored excessive amounts of points)
* Reshaped/added a couple walls, ball no longer hits hyper lane when coming down "a" lane from bumper. tighten up "b" lane, making it tougher to roll coming up from a bumper
* Tighten up the flipper lanes, ball does not roll up as much, and helps prevent a double scoring of Hyperspace.
* Ball hanging bug is now showing up, so slope increased back up. New bug introduced in 2.5, happens with other tables as well.
* DROPPED THE FLIPPER SETTINGS by one for angle and swing. Now 119/53 to see if it makes a difference and the table plays a bit harder. That wall really does a good job, too good really. Doesn't seem to cause any problems at least for play

*** Version 1.3 ***
* Released Oct 2016
* Intended for use with Better Arcade Mode (BAM). Best non-Bam exe: Slamtilts 2.5 physics
* The lets not make this game so tough after all edition
* BAM XML physics file uses 2.5 physics with modifications.
* Added my flipper technique, for far better range and speed. Slight modifications to this as opposed to Playboy, with a more center based setup. This uses triggers as well, so the small hidden flippers will only work when the ball is over the trigger. This prevents "mishits" and interference with ball movement
* Lots of work on flipper angles and a lot of testing. Still same old FP, but at least a lot better than stock. May still be a new addition or two...
* Modified physics, better speed with coils, far more bounce and more polished gameplay, complete with tons of cursing and talking to myself. New slightly "misshapen" slings and rubbers
* Outlanes more closed, flippers closer together for longer play. game still plays like the Bitch it actually is in real life.
* Fixed some "fp" weirdness with gates etc, by just getting rid of them and using walls instead.
* layout changes and massaging to prevent drains except....
* Try not to hit the center target unless you have to. Standard Bally drain shot, Paragon does the same. I modified it a bit so it doesn't drain as much, but it still does.
* Modified the pf image, fixed the dirty edges around lens lights. Recolored some things
* Backglass work, never touched it till now. Didn't have the PSD files, so did what I could but the backglass now has better lighting, no pinhole light effect. Also I moved some lights around for better effect, and added lights for player display/tilt/credits etc
* PF graphic will be 4096 by 2048 as opposed to 2048 by 1024. Hopefully, I can release the plastics in the same size as well.

Did a video. Sorry for the jerkiness, with full bore settings, BAM and the crippleware recorder I use, it was a little too much, but it should give you a good idea. I record my play all the time, it's really good to review the recordings and find things to improve (Like now, I noted two things that can be changed)

https://youtu.be/ox0q9CYgBEU

Almost done, maybe a new addition or two if I have the time to work it out, but the next little while is just play testing and fixing things if I don't like it.

Edit: Yes, I'm a crappy player, so sue me....

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post subject: Re: Star Trek xse version 1.3
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:39 am 

That looks real good! I like it alot ;)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:06 pm 

Was thinking of releasing it, but didn't have as much time to work on it as I thought, and now I have decided to experiment with the xml file from BAM, as I have never done that before. Very interesting...

I suspect this will be a BAM only release, though 2.5 physics should work. Hopefully by the end of the week.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:22 pm 

very good :) welcome back
BAM's future,DOFLinx...the good times roll :)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:45 pm 

Only way to do what I want is to use BAM. Don't have time to study it, hard to find info a bit, but some other time.

Game plays different now, just try a few numbers, see what they do kind of thing. I have object space, so decided to do something a little different, lens halos with a rollover effect. ;)

May be a couple more things here and there...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:17 am 

Almost done... Just doing some play time, adjusting things, but it's time to let go and do something else.
Speaking of which, instead of spamming the board, I finally decided to active my facebook for pictures and videos etc of this and future projects, as well as rant and rave about the community in general. After this one is done, I will be working on FPe, a scripting and scoring engine template for my own games, but I will be releasing tidbits on that page as I go alone until it's ready for a WIP here.

https://www.facebook.com/paul.sanderson.3745496

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP