Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Castlevania Series (Haunted Castle)
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 1700
Location: Ontario, Canada
Welcome back Paolo!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Castlevania Series (Haunted Castle)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:09 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 882
Gimli wrote:
Welcome back Paolo!


many,tnx...bro... :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Castlevania Series (Haunted Castle)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 1257
Location: Arkansas, USA
This is a great table and I didn't find any bugs. There are a few improvements that you might want to consider:

1) I think the score takes too long to be calculated between balls. Is there a way to speed it up?
2) The upper left flipper on the main table doesn't appear to have a target unless it is angled to hit the ramp. I have found the bottom left flipper works better for this. Maybe the upper left flipper should be aimed at the targets that look like drop flags on the right side of the table?
3) The ball sometimes gets caught underneath the right upper flipper and gets in the way of letting the ball go through the pathway. It is aimed at the targets that look like drop flags on the left side of the table. It doesn't seem essential. Maybe remove it? Just an idea.
4) You might think about changing the color of the bars on the entrance to the ramp to white because it is difficult to see when you play the table in desktop mode. The existing bars are blue gray in color and the ramp is gray so the bars are difficult to see because there is not enough contrast.
5) A couple of the bumpers on the lower table under the glass appear to get in the way of the ball. Is this intentional to make it more difficult to play?

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Castlevania Series (Haunted Castle)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:51 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 882
many tnx..GG.

Quote:
1) I think the score takes too long to be calculated between balls. Is there a way to speed it up?


I think so too, I'll tell JP, if you can increase the speed...I think he can do.

Quote:
2) The upper left flipper on the main table doesn't appear to have a target unless it is angled to hit the ramp. I have found the bottom left flipper works better for this. Maybe the upper left flipper should be aimed at the targets that look like drop flags on the right side of the table?


yes, the reason I had thought, that the two flipper that are called 1-2(left and right high
to understand us) It is to hit the target HAUNTED CASTLE(extraball )but we, they could corner a little better.

Send me a your own angle,how best you think,so i try :D

Quote:
3) The ball sometimes gets caught underneath the right upper flipper and gets in the way of letting the ball go through the pathway. It is aimed at the targets that look like drop flags on the left side of the table. It doesn't seem essential. Maybe remove it? Just an idea.


this point..GG... I do not understand very well, you could do a picture?please

Quote:
4) You might think about changing the color of the bars on the entrance to the ramp to white because it is difficult to see when you play the table in desktop mode. The existing bars are blue gray in color and the ramp is gray so the bars are difficult to see because there is not enough contrast.


If you thought a more suitable color....plase,GG, tell me.... no problems

Quote:
5) A couple of the bumpers on the lower table under the glass appear to get in the way of the ball. Is this intentional to make it more difficult to play?


sorry,GG...but,I do not understand very well, this phrase to get in the way of the ball,the translator does not make me understand what you tell me.....

therefore...the minibumpers are,4..ok....you say a couple...Which?....these minibumper, make sure that the ball has a continuous movement, inside the miniplay ...if there were it would be bad...do not you think?....certainly, maybe they create some small difficult.for hit the targets...but after all....It is not so difficult to hit targets...right?

but you want to tell me another concept,about the minibumpers(MB),right? I know and feel....(that phrase(green) I do not understand.....in reality the MB,are emkickers.

Meanwhile, I'm trying the 5ball mode

thank you all....Paolo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Castlevania Series (Haunted Castle)
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 1257
Location: Arkansas, USA
You got lucky. I got back from my trip early so I was able to do this.

wild wrote:
Quote:
...2) The upper left flipper on the main table doesn't appear to have a target unless it is angled to hit the ramp. I have found the bottom left flipper works better for this. Maybe the upper left flipper should be aimed at the targets that look like drop flags on the right side of the table?


yes, the reason I had thought, that the two flipper that are called 1-2(left and right high
to understand us) It is to hit the target HAUNTED CASTLE(extraball )but we, they could corner a little better.

Send me a your own angle,how best you think,so i try :D


I sent you a PM with a link to a test table I made. I changed the angle of the upper left flipper so it hits the right bank of targets. I made some other changes that I am not sure you will like. Be aware this is not a clean version. It has flippers colliding into objects and other problems so you won't want to edit this copy but make your own changes to your copy. Some of the ideas I had are:

a) Change the left path that goes to the top of the table so it lets the ball fall straight down when the ball goes partially up the path and then comes back down. This would allow the ball to be hit by the upper left flipper. If you don't make this change, the ball rarely ever gets aligned so it can be hit by the upper left flipper. I managed to get the ball to drop more vertically that it had been but it still seems to be hitting something. However, if you give it a try, I think you will get my meaning. I did end up moving one of the drop targets off the table and a rubber/ornament off the table to make room. You might be able to figure out a way to avoid having to do this.

b) I moved the upper right flipper so it is closer to the right wall and changed the angle a little. I was able to hit the left drop targets with it set up this way. I ended up moving the whole right bank of drop targets to the right a bit and some other objects around some so you can see the new location of the flipper. I had less of a problem of the ball getting under the flipper when I did this (item 3 below).

I'm not sure if you will like these changes but see what you think. If you don't use any of this, the angle of the upper left flipper does work now.

wild wrote:
Quote:
3) The ball sometimes gets caught underneath the right upper flipper and gets in the way of letting the ball go through the pathway. It is aimed at the targets that look like drop flags on the left side of the table. It doesn't seem essential. Maybe remove it? Just an idea.

this point..GG... I do not understand very well, you could do a picture?please


See the screen shot below:

Image

wild wrote:
Quote:
4) You might think about changing the color of the bars on the entrance to the ramp to white because it is difficult to see when you play the table in desktop mode. The existing bars are blue gray in color and the ramp is gray so the bars are difficult to see because there is not enough contrast.


If you thought a more suitable color....plase,GG, tell me.... no problems


I was thinking white with light gray shading if needed.

wild wrote:
Quote:
5) A couple of the bumpers on the lower table under the glass appear to get in the way of the ball. Is this intentional to make it more difficult to play?


sorry,GG...but,I do not understand very well, this phrase to get in the way of the ball,the translator does not make me understand what you tell me.....

therefore...the minibumpers are,4..ok....you say a couple...Which?....these minibumper, make sure that the ball has a continuous movement, inside the miniplay ...if there were it would be bad...do not you think?....certainly, maybe they create some small difficult.for hit the targets...but after all....It is not so difficult to hit targets...right?

but you want to tell me another concept,about the minibumpers(MB),right? I know and feel....(that phrase(green) I do not understand.....in reality the MB,are emkickers.


It seems like both bumpers on the left need to be moved further left and both bumpers on the right need to be moved further right. Of course they would hit the wall but if there was a way of doing it, I think it would play better.

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Castlevania Series (Haunted Castle)
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:35 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 882
ok,GG,many tnx....I understand what you did, and d changes....I will see to do these little things...about the minibumper in MP,I can make an attempt to reduce the size of minibumpers model, but move them left and right, I do not say it's impossible, but I'd have to redo all the textures,of miniplay,and mainplay,a little too challenging for the moment......

Meanwhile, JP, surprise for me, sent me the version with increase the speed of bonus :o

then latest news, adds my latest changes, your GG, and send to JP, perhaps for release Sunday..I hope :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Castlevania Series (Haunted Castle)
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 1257
Location: Arkansas, USA
wild wrote:
ok,GG,many tnx....I understand what you did, and d changes....I will see to do these little things...about the minibumper in MP,I can make an attempt to reduce the size of minibumpers model, but move them left and right, I do not say it's impossible, but I'd have to redo all the textures,of miniplay,and mainplay,a little too challenging for the moment......

Meanwhile, JP, surprise for me, sent me the version with increase the speed of bonus :o

then latest news, adds my latest changes, your GG, and send to JP, perhaps for release Sunday..I hope :D


I discovered a table that has bumpers built out of 8 EmKickers. It has the EmKickers arranged in a circle so that it forms the shape of a bumper. You might want to try creating a bumper built from 4 EmKickers arranged in a half circle which would save space on your table. If nothing else, you might find it interesting. It is the table "Space Cadet 3D 2.0" that you can download from here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-1 ... e_cadet_3d

To see the structure of the 4 bumpers at the top of the table, turn off all layers on the table except for layer 4. You can change the strength and other settings of all the EmKickers at one time by clicking on the first EmKicker and then hold your Shift key down and click on the other EmKickers in sequence until all the EmKickers are highlighted. Then you can change the settings of all the EmKickers at one time in the right panel.

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Castlevania Series (Haunted Castle)
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:59 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 882
tnx,but I think this is already done :D,in fact the author of these MB in HC, is always GF....Space Cadet 3D,is by GF....(franzleo).

I tried to reduce them, but it is not simple, there are many factors to consider, this type of work, can do only GF.and he for now and on vacation, until September.

or,nother solution might be using bam(small ball)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Castlevania Series (Haunted Castle)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:36 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 882
Ok,friends :D .....this table is release coming soon :!:

tnx to all you.

Paolo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Castlevania Series (Haunted Castle)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 1257
Location: Arkansas, USA
Let me know when you want me to create the custom physics. I don't want to put something out when you are making a rev. You might send me the latest rev on a PM.

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron