Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: krull wip
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 pm 

hello to all.

little prologue.

this is my first topic in absolute, in this section wip.

I never wanted to have the honor,or the presumption of questioning, a table before now.
because they are only a small beginner, with a passion for pinball,that,unfortunately unable to complete a table.

my excitement end having fun playing with pinball,that the beautiful people,of this community(I will not say the names of all, because you know them all) have created, and build,end recreation (real pinball).led me to try has build one table....then with the invaluable help of Francisco, I've made 3.

my passion in the play, leads me into my mind, my five favorite tables, where we played as a kid.

Addams Family, medieval madness, ninja turtles, batman data east, and of course krull.

my ability, to build a table all alone, for me is a dream ...the script, the redraw playfield and plastics...are above my comprehension,despite my many attempts,after all they are only a small hydraulic,not a programmer.

so, after this little digression, I speak to the principal question.

two of these tables have been made, thanks so much, to those who worked too much, for the success of these tables.

Batman and turtles ninja.have very difficult for me.

so I tried the easiest for me in building.krull,(that I think about it maybe it's more complicated, for the miniplayfild).

also because I have found various "plastics(photo)", to internet,I just did a copy and paste, using paint.all of this material is not perfect, but it makes it a little 'watchable.unfortunately I have not found the other two.

I put some pictures to better understand, what I have done for the moment.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: krull wip
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:04 pm 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:06 pm 

Last edited by wild on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:08 pm 

Appears to be excellent,

thanks for the dedication.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm 

Last edited by wild on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:28 pm 

These photos show what I've done,but there is much to do, to hope to be able to do this mythical table.

I do not presume to say that it is easy, this table, but if one does not try, can never say that you can not.

answers all the questions, what can you do to this table, if you want to talk, just between friends is a good way to spend your free time.this table and an open challenge for everyone.

Already there is a wonderful person to help.

anyone interested, to give even a small contribution,to try to recreate this table...I can only say, THANK YOU ALL HEART.

let me know who sent the table via pm.

thanks to all those who have the patience to read all this.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:29 pm 

Great work wild. I hear there are only 10 (or 9 now) Krull tables in real life, so yeah, pretty mythical indeed

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:54 pm 

Krull is one of the few tables I've never played in the real world. There are a few Uber-rare tables I would love to see on FP, King Kong was one and the FP version is fantastic! Big Bang Bar was another. The others would be Williams 'StarLight' and Williams 'Defender', both of which I have access to and could take a hundred photos of if anyone is interested.
I can't speak for everyone, but you piqued my interest Wild. These rare titles are just as exciting to me as the blockbusters, maybe even more so. I see Medieval Madness's and Attack From Mars' every day of my life, but only a fortune few have ever seen a Krull, let alone played one. Good luck, I hope everyone that can help you does. This is a project worth doing!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:07 am 

Hi Shawn, you're not alone, wild piqued my interest too when I saw his thread about Krull.
I too enjoy seeing rare titles made into FP tables, because lets face it, barely any of us will ever see one in real life.
I'm not sure what the big deal is about Big Bang Bar. It's pretty good on FP, and I see a real one is currently for sale for 25 grand. OMG!
I just played King Kong again to remind me, and yeah Francisco, D-Struct and rom did a great job on it. As usual. I didn't realise the table was so rare.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 am 

Big Bang Bar was Capcom's last game. The company closed while it was in production so only maybe 80 (I may be high there) were originally made. The designer wanted to finish the run so he asked people if they were willing to pre-order (and pre-pay) for him to finish the remaining 300. Each one is numbered and was engraved to whom purchased it. The guys that bought them took a huge chance and it paid off. I know where 5 of them are right now and I play it often. Now the price spiked about a year and a half ago when people went off the deep edge price wise. My buddy sold his for 20k, but it was pristine in every way. I think he paid $4500 for it new so he did well. But since then the bottom has begun to fall out of these mega-priced pins. They may be asking 25k, but they're not getting it these days. Couldn't get 20 or 15 right now either. I saw one that just sold for 12.5k still a good profit, but not that dream money from 2 years ago. Every one of us has backed away and the prices have fallen quickly, except for NIB Stern LE's (and LE's only) which is where all the big collectors have seemed to be headed. When the prices spiked I went back to penny arcade machines and built the Vpin for the mega-buck games. I don't have 10k laying around for another toy, even if I did I would never pay that. I'm old school, we used to buy pins for $75 back in the day. I would buy a Harley or something for that money. I love pinball but a Harley is way more fun;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP