Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Avatar
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:11 pm 

rcadefrk wrote:
That looks awesome! I believe thats what he was referring to as stern pinball is making the new transformers, & we are talking about modern stern games & the 3 year wait, i don't really think that should apply to FP at all, as no original rom code is being supplied/emulated with the FP system. And who (if they had the cash to begin with) play a computer based recreation & decide against buying a real machine, 3 year rule is crazy, in no way is fp/vp affecting sales of pinball machines, doing more to promote then anything

Absolutely right Image

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:35 pm 

rcadefrk wrote:
That looks awesome! I believe thats what he was referring to as stern pinball is making the new transformers, & we are talking about modern stern games & the 3 year wait, i don't really think that should apply to FP at all, as no original rom code is being supplied/emulated with the FP system. And who (if they had the cash to begin with) play a computer based recreation & decide against buying a real machine, 3 year rule is crazy, in no way is fp/vp affecting sales of pinball machines, doing more to promote then anything

Yeah thats my thoughts too!. Even games that are based on Stern tables are just that, based on them, they are'nt 100% accurate but if francisco666 fells strongly about it then its his decision at the end of the day!

Guess we'll just have to do with SlamTilts Tron and Ironman tables haha

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:39 am 

francisco666 wrote:
I know that between VP an Stern Pinball have an agreement that not reproduce tables that not have more than 3 years of release, mm... but I don't know what is the policy here?

Last I heard the "3 year rule" with Stern no longer exists.

Sadly, the new rule is no ROM game emulation on their current generation
of pinball PC board.

Anything running on the "first gen" Whitestar is fine, but any newer games... nope.

So a ROM version of Tron, Iron man, Avatar, Spiderman or any other game made in the last few years is out of luck.

So we'll have to live with the high quality reproductions being made by the talented table authors out there! :)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:52 am 

No Transformers then :( booooooooooo

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:18 am 

Unless Stern develops a new hardware platform before long, you're looking at
anywhere from a 10-15 year wait, which is about as long as the Whitestar games
were developed between Sega and Stern.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:14 pm 

Thats for VP. Good thing FP doesn't use roms huh? It will only be 3 years before Transformers will make it in as discussed earlier. I'm counting down the days :D

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:35 pm 

Maybe they will get a new system when they are going to use LCD-screens. I bet they will wait to see how it works out for JJP (Jersey Jack Pinball), and then they will follow soon.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:04 pm 

Mite already be posted, but check out how cool this is for older dmd style games. This would be very easy to pull off with FP, so stern can keep their new future color dmd hardware :P

http://www.colordmd.com/

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 pm 

rcadefrk wrote:
Thats for VP. Good thing FP doesn't use roms huh? It will only be 3 years before Transformers will make it in as discussed earlier. I'm counting down the days :D

What the 3 year rule then, i though these table could be made when we wanted as you said they dont use roms, Ironman, Dark Knight and soon Tron will be released and there not 3 years old yet...well maybe dark knight is now

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:48 am 

We got Iron Man in 2011, it came out 2010. Would love to see a Transformers table but i don't know if anyone would touch it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Closed WIP