Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Total Recall (original)
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:42 pm 

Hi guys....this is the most I can do about the head effect, I think I can play pretty well.....I have a doubt about "venushill"texture in playfield....I think it's profane, an advice is welcome ;)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:09 pm 

Looks good!

George

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:21 am 

Very creative !

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:46 pm 

thanks guys.

ok...I'm finishing the construction of the table, some other arrangement ....and then I start making the lights mode(lightimage) on-off

now...the ideas of mark(MadMrMax) intrigue me....
*1 Timer mode where oxygen runs out unless you open up things/hit targets
*2 A mode where an Recall implant causes your flippers to be reversed
*3 Badguy shootout (hit targets to escape)

I asked for a better explanation .... especially how to set the script of these ideas .... but I have not yet received an answer.

can someone describe how to set up and make these modes possible?
example...
point1.... oxygen timer.....I could use the bumpers as objects to hit to increase the oxygen .... but I have questions
1)what kind of graphics should I use to make sure that you see when oxygen increases or decreases?
2)when oxygen ends, what should I do?

point2....Recall implant..... think that mark was referring to the alien reactor .... but I have already done something in the first place...... but I have questions
causes your flippers to be reversed I do not understand what he meant.

point3..... Badguy shootout (hit targets to escape)....what does it mean? and what I should do?

if someone would be interested in helping me to understand and maybe even how to set the script (the code) is welcome!

thanks all to you

Paolo

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:03 am 

Hi Wild,

To respond to some of your questions....

Point 1
Let the Player know 'Oxygen' is running out:
- Hologram of an Oxygen Cylinder (show level of oxygen going down)
- DMD view of an Oxygen Cylinder emptying; as bumpers hit
- Use 'Voice' calling out remaining time (at 10, then 5 second intervals); with accompanying background music

What happens when timer (oxygen) runs out:
Perhaps this could be a 'mode' within the game that starts when a specific target is hit / number of ramps/loop made as an example... that starts with a maximum score (1,000,000(?)), and as bumpers are hit - the total of which required (100(?)) could be a percentage (%) of the maximum score available when time runs out.

Point 2
causes flippers to be reversed = when you press the 'Left' flipper button, the 'Right' flipper on the table moves.

Point 3
Badguy shootout (hit targets to escape) = use a set of 'drop-targets', that when all have been hit completes this mode.

Perhaps this mode could start when an 'easier' bank of drop-targets has been completed, and then ball then enters a kick-hole / area of the table (maybe with a magnet effect) as an example.

These are just my initial thoughts, and I'm sure that other forum members will have much better ideas.

Gin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:22 am 

OK....Gin....Thank you for answering...you for now.

ok, let's analyze this hypothetical oxygen mode.....
Point 1)I can make a cylindrical model, with inside another red cylinder that is to indicate the oxygen .... this rises when I hit the bumpers, and lowers with an interval of about 5 seconds ...ok you say,if it activated with a target ... ok I have the target, the one on the right between the bumpers .... it starts a countdown with a base score of 100.000 points ... it increases by 5000 points for each bumpers hit.if the oxygen is exhausted you lose all the points, if you keep the oxygen inside the cylinder at the end of the countdown,(hit the bumpers) you win the conquered score....did I get it right?

ok, I like this mode but I have a problem.....I can manage the model. but I do not know how to code the bumpers.....here math comes into play, I can not able to mathematical codes(subroutine)

question for you, you are able to do dmd with the cylinder? ... etc..etc.....if yes, it would take someone to do the bumpers mathematical code...timer countdown.....score that goes down and goes up....(subroutine)

Point2)I still do not understand well, what moves on the table?when I press the 'Left' and 'Right' flipper button?

Point3)I have drop-targets, on the left, I could use for this mode, even if I had thought for venus-hill .... but I do not understand what it really is.....this Badguy shootout (hit targets to escape) what escape?I can not put a magnet, I have no more space on the table...maybe you could create a dmd that arnold escapes?.....and when I hit all the drop-targets, what should I do? I win points,or win a extraball? the multiball expected at venus-hill.....

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:43 am 

I can code the math for the cylinder Paolo :)
(Similar to Cadash)
I also can make table move with flippers like POA in Indiana Jones

Reversing flippers is easy to code ....
Code:
if leftflipperkey pressed
If flippersReversed = true then rightflipper.solenoidpulse

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:28 pm 

Gimli wrote:
(Similar to Cadash)

Code:

many thanks Bob....you are right and almost like cadash, but here there is also a coutdown timer...you are able to do it?

as suggested by mark and gin, this countdown must expire in all cases. or we could make it grow 5 seconds to every hit bumpers with +5000points.the timer starts with a shot at a target, and starts at 100,000 points, and decreases by 500 .... every three seconds.

I also have this idea, if you get to the highest level of oxygen you win the maximum reached score and an extra ball, of the time runs out tilt is come, and you lose the ball

what do you say Bob, you can do it?

PS;I can not find this code "if leftflipperkey pressed" in the script? is a bam code?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:56 pm 

wild wrote:
Gimli wrote:
(Similar to Cadash)

Code:

many thanks Bob....you are right and almost like cadash, but here there is also a coutdown timer...you are able to do it?

as suggested by mark and gin, this countdown must expire in all cases. or we could make it grow 5 seconds to every hit bumpers with +5000points.the timer starts with a shot at a target, and starts at 100,000 points, and decreases by 500 .... every three seconds.

I also have this idea, if you get to the highest level of oxygen you win the maximum reached score and an extra ball, of the time runs out tilt is come, and you lose the ball

what do you say Bob, you can do it?

yep , no problem

wild wrote:
PS;I can not find this code "if leftflipperkey pressed" in the script? is a bam code?

Code:
Dim  FlippersReversed
Sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed(ByVal KeyCode)
               If (fpGameInPlay = TRUE) Then
      ' and not Tilted ?
      If (fpTilted = FALSE) Then

' If the Left Flipper Key Has Been Press, Activate The Left Flipper(s)
         If (KeyCode = GetKeyCode(LeftFlipperKey)) Then
            If FlippersReversed = False then LeftFlipper.SolenoidOn
                                If FlippersReversed = True then RightFlipper.SolenoidOn
            PlaySound "Flipper"
         End If

' If the Right Flipper Key Has Been Press, Activate The Right Flipper(s)
         If (KeyCode = GetKeyCode(RightFlipperKey)) Then
            If FlippersReversed = False then RightFlipper.SolenoidOn
                                If FlippersReversed = True then LefttFlipper.SolenoidOn
            PlaySound "Flipper"
         End If
                   End if
                  End if

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:49 am 

Gin wrote:
What happens when timer (oxygen) runs out:
Perhaps this could be a 'mode' within the game that starts when a specific target is hit / number of ramps/loop made as an example... that starts with a maximum score (1,000,000(?)), and as bumpers are hit - the total of which required (100(?)) could be a percentage (%) of the maximum score available when time runs out.

It seems like something bad should happen when the oxygen runs out?

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP