Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MEDIEVAL MADNESS Update
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:08 am 

gibsmedat wrote:
I like all the fixes but the amount of multi is too much overkill for me, it makes the table less attractive to play when every ball practically gives you multiball if you hit something. I see how it is appealing to kids but on me it has the opposite effect so I'll stick with Slam's original. A version without the multiball changes & just the fixes would be perfect, call it v1.03 and an update and I'm game, otherwise it's too simple to play for my taste. Still a nice job though, just too casual for me.

Hey guys. I will take a stab at updating slams to make it multi-player. Shouldn't take me too long. Thanks!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:32 pm 

For those that care, I did create a Medieval Madness ULTIMATE 1.03 version and it's pending publish up on PinSimDB. It's slams 1.02 version with Multiplayer added. No other changes were made.

NOTE: I briefly looked at applying just the bug fixes and not the rule changes, but it was giving me a headache... I might make another attempt at this some other time.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 pm 

Flug,

Thanks for your help! I look forward to downloading it.

George

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:28 am 

Quote:
I did create a Medieval Madness ULTIMATE 1.03 version and it's pending publish up on PinSimDB.....
I briefly looked at applying just the bug fixes and not the rule changes, but it was giving me a headache

Oh hey, cool. I'll def check that out. Pretty sure I will upgrade to that, thanks. I wouldnt worry about multiplayer it's pretty much a bugfix/update as well

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:30 pm 

gibsmedat wrote:
Oh hey, cool. I'll def check that out. Pretty sure I will upgrade to that, thanks. I wouldnt worry about multiplayer it's pretty much a bugfix/update as well

Hey there. I'll bite... I'm finding that I like going back and forth... so I've started to implement a version where Special 1 changes the table mode. It will feature 2 modes:
- the original version with my bug fixes*
- the mega-multiball version

* When I say 'bug fixes', this includes things like having the trolls popup during final battle 2, scoring nuances, jackpot if final battle won, anti-bounce-out stuff, randomization of the catapult ammo, etc... But... the rules will be the originals

The only down side imo is that the high score table gets kind of foobar cause one version is easier than the other. But... I'd guess not that many are really concerned with the high scores after a certain point.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:22 pm 

If you post another version, you should add the following to the script below the heading "Option Explicit":

Code:
' xBAM.FixScore

This will change the high score overflow point from 2 billion to 922 trillion although you must use version 1.4-183 of BAM or later for it to work. You also need to use BAM's new high score screen (it is turn on by default). Check out this posting for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6473

If you are not using a current version of BAM, the code will look like a remark and it won't do anything.

George

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:07 pm 

Good, although I'd probably prefer a "one or the other" version, but being able to chose directly is also nice.

Regarding the BAM highscore thing,

Quote:
If you are not using a current version of BAM, the code will look like a remark and it won't do anything.

Now I get it. I was always wondering about that being only a remark, if it works that way in BAM then it's perfectly fine to include it in tables in my book, I was just worried that if you didn't use it the table wouldn't work anymore. If it's backwards compatible I'm all good with that.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:22 pm 

Hey guys. I got a quick opinion question for you. I've gone ahead and created a single version of the MM table which does both the 'normal' and 'mega-multiball modes. This version includes all the bug fixes/enhancements when in normal mode.

While doing this, I decided to combine the desktop and cabinet files together... The problem though is that on the backglass you can't hide the Display Segments... Or, at least I haven't seen how to. For the HUD Display Segments, there are FadeIn/FadeOut methods which accomplish this. But none for a 'normal' Display Segment.

So, I see 3 options:
1) Just leave the Cabinet mode Backglass Segments on all the time.
2) Move the Cabinet mode Backglass Segments up and fade in/out the image borders around them (making them 'disappear' when in normal desktop modes)
3) Keep 2 versions of the same table.

I'm guessing folks will prefer 3, but I was hoping to avoid that as it's confusing to new players (well, at least I was confused when I first got into this), and it causes double maintenance.

Also, if someone knows a trick on how to hide the backglass segments, please let me know. I've found that after digging through some tables, there are other BAM extensions which I've stumbled upon by accident (like the xBAM_BallManager, etc...). Wondering if there are other tricks which might solve this for me.

NOTE: I did (actually just now) find the whole section on BAM with lots of information... I'm slow ;)

So, I thought I'd turn to your wisdom and see what people prefer before I put a fork in it. Thanks guys!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:19 pm 

There is no way to fade objects in or out that are not HUDs, at least not using the script. This is true for segmented displays, DMDs and overlays as well. Gimli is more familiar with the the new BAM table developer tools than I am. He might know of a way but I'm doubtful. He is taking a break from FP right now but maybe he will answer this.

Personally, I think option 3 is good. Table developers have provided desktop and cabinet versions of tables for many years on pinsimdb. No matter which way you decide to use, everyone will have to make the same decision as to whether they use a desktop or pincab version. The only difference is you have to decide between 2 different tables or select an option on a menu between 2 versions. It is the same decision. In fact, the option to create two tables may appeal to the computer phobes out there since they won't have to figure out how to use the menu.

George

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:23 am 

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to trying this out. Thank you very much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP