Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: MEDIEVAL MADNESS Update
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:17 am 

Quote:
While doing this, I decided to combine the desktop and cabinet files together... The problem though is that on the backglass you can't hide the Display Segments... Or, at least I haven't seen how to. For the HUD Display Segments, there are FadeIn/FadeOut methods which accomplish this. But none for a 'normal' Display Segment.

Why do you want to hide the backglass Display seg's ?
They are used in desktop mode with certain views and are not seen in cabinet mode. When would you want to hide them ?

you can try covering them up with an overlay that can fade in or out...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:01 am 

Gimli wrote:
Why do you want to hide the backglass Display seg's ?
They are used in desktop mode with certain views and are not seen in cabinet mode. When would you want to hide them ?

you can try covering them up with an overlay that can fade in or out...

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. I was only thinking of hiding them to make a single table truly mimic what the 2 separate files did before. I do have overlays, but they display behind the leds. So again, the only reason to hide them was to be a perfectionist. I personally think it's ok to have them visible all the time as when you're playing in desktop mode, you'll never see em...

I've also added a super easy mode (which makes progress to the final battle even easier). This was the original version that my kids liked so much. Since it was easy to include, I did so. Special 1 will toggle the modes (and it tells you in the DMD which mode you're in). I'll continue play testing for a bit, but will upload soon. I'm still leaning towards a single file with everything, but we'll see... I don't want to tick people off.

Thanks again guys; sorry to have such silly questions.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:36 am 

Quote:
I was only thinking of hiding them to make a single table truly mimic what the 2 separate files did before.

I think a lot of authors in the past had "Cab versions" an "Desktop Versions" with the only difference being they swapped the DMD/ Seg display to either a hud or backglass one and were too two lazy to code two in the first place.

If you have one table with both a hud DMD/gas seg and backglass DMD/gas seg.
then the Cab owner's simply drag the hud off out of sight or using fade out "ToggleHud key" code on table loading

desktop owner shouldn't mind a backglass dmd/gas seg.
as they can't see it and if the choose a view where they can see the Backglass, they likely would toggle the hud DMD off

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:10 pm 

Hello flug,
I may be a little late with my compliments on this seriously great and highly addictive update of a true classic table, but I wanted to share my sentiments nonetheless: thank you so much for your work on this great table. It was my favourite way before, but your update takes this table way to a new table. I played it for hours yesterday on my cab and really had a great time. I eventually come up with somewhat like 437,000,000 points in one of my last rounds, which shows how addictive it really is.
So thank you so much.

One question I have though. I play on a cabinet with LED wiz support. My version before yours, I think it was 1.19, had full LED Wiz support for flashers and such. These are now no longer firing up. Did you embark your update with another version or did you somehow disable the LED Wiz support? I am no coder so I wouldn't see the difference in the script. If it were a minor thing, I would be able to implement some lines of codes if guided, I guess, but anything beyond that might probably result in desaster. :)

Anyway, just wanted to ask. You table mod plays great and I am thankful for it!
Cheers!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:19 pm 

Returnee wrote:
One question I have though. I play on a cabinet with LED wiz support. My version before yours, I think it was 1.19, had full LED Wiz support for flashers and such. These are now no longer firing up. Did you embark your update with another version or did you somehow disable the LED Wiz support?

Hey there, thanks for the kind words! It's great to hear that you enjoy the update. I believe I started with version 1.02 or something (someone told me early on that it was an old version)... So it never had the ledWiz support. I grabbed the 1.19 version though with support and will look at putting it back in. That said, I don't have a setup to test it though...

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:05 pm 

Hey flug,

don't mention it... the praise and awe is all on my side of the table, believe me. If you were really willing, and I sure don't want to push it, to put the LEDWiz code back in, that would be really fantastic. I would sure volunteer to test it on my cabinet. As far as I know, nobody is working on a DOFLinx Update for that table, which would render your effort moot, I guess. And I sure would be willing to wait a while if there were any news on the horizon as regards a DOFLinx update. Maybe Terry can comment on it, if he reads this.
I tried to read into DOFLinx myself, as it seems to be the future most def, but I totally lack the skills even though I put some serious effort into it. Math is not me, and so isn't coding. I am really a too simple minded guy for stuff like that. I simply don't grasp even the basic of it.
I tested some tables back when HappyCab aka Polygame was still around, so I would be happy to help out this way.
Cheers!
Returnee

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP