Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Haunted House
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:32 am 

Thanks, I will try to try Zed64 since you talk about it all the time. :)

Returning to HH: I opened all the resources with fp-grab and I saw lots of textures. None uses the power of 2. I've seen so many that we could do without. To conclude, this table will be used by few and hardly completed.
Greetings

Gianfranco

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:32 am 

Damn !!! I found 10 textures for the web (34 MB everyone).
All plastics are separated one by one. They are TGA (ranging from 42 to 15 MB) and have around the double / triple / quadruple size of the format you need.
Never seen such a thing. A horrible waste.
Let us remember that the table weighs 2.6 GB !!!
The resources that I have grabbed (only textures and models) weigh 800 MB. I think they could be reduced to 60 MB.
But from 2600 MB to 800 MB there is a lack of 1800 MB that I do not know what they are for.
Another thing that I do not understand is because I do not see well the top of the PF while I play.
Greetings

Gianfranco

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:28 pm 

franzleo wrote:
Damn !!! I found 10 textures for the web (34 MB everyone).
All plastics are separated one by one. They are TGA (ranging from 42 to 15 MB) and have around the double / triple / quadruple size of the format you need.
Never seen such a thing. A horrible waste.
Let us remember that the table weighs 2.6 GB !!!

Daz was wanting someone to finish it. Maybe you could fix the file sizes as best you can and repost it even if you don't do anything else. I think it would be worth it and everyone would appreciate it. It is a really cool table and fun to play even though it is unfinished. I have noticed it is doing well on the number of downloads. I think the only part that is unfinished is some of the scoring although I don't know how you would figure out what to change because the only rules that I could find are in the download.

franzleo wrote:
The resources that I have grabbed (only textures and models) weigh 800 MB. I think they could be reduced to 60 MB.
But from 2600 MB to 800 MB there is a lack of 1800 MB that I do not know what they are for.

I don't know.

franzleo wrote:
Another thing that I do not understand is because I do not see well the top of the PF while I play.

I believe that it is caused by the extra height of the playfield because of using what most table builders use as the main playfield as the lower playfield and then adding additional playfields on top of it.

George

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:27 pm 

Hey Guys. This table was a work in progress that had sat on my computer for well over 12 months untouched. I couldn't remember exactly where I was up to with it. By simply pressing the "delete unused" option in the texture manager, you can reduce the table size down to less than a third of its current size. I had forgotten to do this before sending the table to George so it currently still contains ALL my many texture experiments! Sorry to cause Gianfranco such heartache and stress. My mistake. :)
Daz

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:08 am 

I have posted a new version of the table with all the unused textures and models deleted. The file size was reduced to 89 MB.

It is posted here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... nted_house

George

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:02 am 

thanks for having reduced.....but,sorry if I intervene, I tried, the table, but there seems to be a serious problem, the ball disappears, I could not understand where ... then, sorry, again, I thought a table of this magnitude, much discussed and chatted, would have had many lines of script..no, am I wrong?(it reminds me of ghost :lol: ) is it not complete of many things? I just ask for information, I like to play at tables, and I would like to know ;)

thanks in advance

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 am 

I just posted it for Daz. I don't know much about it. It is a Beta version. I have found it plays pretty well for me. The only problem I have ever had is the ball sometimes gets stuck near the left flipper on the lower playfield. I just press the nudge button and it frees it. You must use the XML file with it or it won't work right. I have not been able to get the trap door to open. I'm not sure what drives it.

George

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:54 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
........ I have not been able to get the trap door to open. I'm not sure what drives it..........

The trap does not work because it has no script .

Gianfranco

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:17 pm 

I've asked to have the table removed from Pinsimdb. My original thinking was that a beta Haunted House in Future Pinball was better than no version at all but I may have been wrong. I will continue to work on it and upload a complete HH table when it is finished.
Thanks George for taking the time to upload the files for me.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 pm 

It should really be finished. It had more downloads than most tables I have see lately. Flug said he was interested in working on it. You should check with him.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP