Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post subject: Richie Rich & The Wizard of Oz
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:46 pm 

Hello,

Im not a boffin when it comes to writing script but is either of these 2 tables in development,and if not perhaps that can be changed?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Richie Rich & The Wizard of Oz
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:34 pm 

There is a version of The Wizard of Oz available here.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file ... ard-of-oz/

It was created by a guy that goes by the handle Ghostmachine. He used to be a member of this forum but no more. He has posted several tables on pinsimdb where just about all of them appear to be unfinished. Unfortunately, this version of WOO is plagued with bugs and stuck balls because it is also unfinished. I have thought about fixing the stuck balls on it but I know nothing about script. I'm not sure how much script work it needs. He did post this back in 2015 on another forum so I think he would be OK with someone else finishing it:

"It was an unfinished 5 mb file i recieved from Akira. Something Akira and Granite started. So i did what i could, and posted the 1.0 So if you know someone that knows someone that wants to help out. Well version 1.0 is up. I am going back to scripting for my original ( Escape From Haunted City ) One of my biggest games to date. It is already 50 mb, It has lots of cool stuff. 5 ramps, targets holograms. Very Retro."

This is where he posted this if you want to see it for yourself:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33082

I don't think Richie Rich has had anything in development that I know about but WOO could be a great table. I think fixing this version of WOO would be easier than creating it from scratch. I would be willing to do what I can to help.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:10 pm 

George,I've previously seen the unfinished Wizard of Oz table.It makes no sense to me to go through the effort to write the script for a table and leave it unfinished,anyway,its wierd that Richie Rich has not been made,but obviously the boffins out there havent bothered,which i think is unfortunate,but so be it.

Cheers.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:02 pm 

People do this on their own time. It takes a year for the average arcade table to be developed, and a team of people to do it. There may not be the resources for anyone to do these, or they are so horrible in quality that they are unusable. Also here we are more towards original creations, we are closet designers and that is really what FP is intended for, as ROM use is completely switched off by the developer. VP has turned into a photocopy machine anyway, maybe someone has done a version as opposed to the 250th new version of TAF.

BTW, I know that author's work, it's just a 2 day job for him. His tables are never playable, and certainly not doing FP any favors because newbies grab it, think FP completely sucks, then do nothing but whine about it as if it's some great injustice despite the thousands of thousands of hours we all put in to do it properly and to the best of our abilities. There are some very good authors, and we do help each other out as well.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:00 pm 

Quote:
It makes no sense to me to go through the effort to write the script for a table and leave it unfinished,

Actually Ghost never bothered much with the script....he could make it look like a table but it was just a shell...then he'd quickly get bored and start 5 more tables ....

I am sure the Boffins, Muggles and Ramekins are hard at work but Richie Rich may be a little obscure for even their humble foundries.... :D

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:25 pm 

I'm refering you to the following link:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=richi ... type=quick

It amazing that a few of the boffins would prefer to create a totally obscure table that has never been manufactured,but Richie Rich is certainly right up there with many well known titles.

Anyway....its unfortunate.

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP