Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Avengers. Soon to be a real Pin
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:52 am 

Flug,

This table is basically original and it is unknown what Glxb had in mind when he started it. It does bear a lot of resemblance to Stern's series of Avenger tables. I performed quite a few searches for Stern's rules but there are very few resources. The best I found are 2 videos where they are discussed by George Gomez who designed Stern's tables. He created 2 videos, one for the Pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... OFJ2Yss9-c

...And the other is for the LE version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... wfOALXmVSA

Some folks seem to think this discussion is helpful:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... tary-rules

This discussion might be more helpful:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/avengers/index5.html

Oddly, I found the rules for the FX2 game:

http://www.pinballfx.com/press/table_gu ... heChin.pdf

I don't know where Gibs got the screen shot of the playfield, but it appears we can at least get an idea of what textures to add to the missing plastics.

George

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:03 pm 

Hey George. Thanks for the links. I think I found a couple of these when I was researching way back when. I'll put together some rules and run them past the folks here... Of course, I want to make something awesome, but that might be a talent I don't have (yet). I'll review this stuff later tonight though. Thank you again!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:45 am 

Ehchh... That's what happens when you don't test your stuff. Anyway, I adjusted the colors a bit more now the saturation matches the rest of the table.

Now that I look at it I think I'll redo the cabart in 2048px, 1024 is too low. But I'm busy with other stuff atm so it will take a while.

Last edited by gibsmedat on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:33 pm 

Nice job Gibs! No more missing textures on the plastics. I like the room texture also.

Thanks!

George

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:17 pm 

Ha! we're lucky! I thought I didn't save the larger WIP but I did, so it was easy to finish it again, here's the thing again with double the resolution plus I added the name of the guy who made the cabinet art (got to give credit where due), http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/9DdcVZO3/file.html

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 am 

Looks good. You might do a little more work on the sides of the cabinet so the Hulk and some of the others Avengers heads aren't cut off.

George

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:42 am 

I tried scaling them down sperately or as a group, but it destroys the layout. Doesn't really bother me with the heads, I think it looks well enough.
There's also a cabart for Walking Dead on the same place I found this one, I saved it just in case I get to have a look at that table later...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:43 pm 

Hey guys. The artwork looks great Gibs. I grabbed the latest as well and found all my old notes. I'm still going over the videos and links on this game and trying to come up with some rules. From what I've gathered, the 'real' Avengers pin is really hard... Since this is my first attempt at something like this, I'm going to start with a little less complication... Just a starting point though. I hope to have something typed up later this week for you guys to review/hash/throw out/whatever. Thanks guys.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:43 pm 

The table lacks a lot of audio for events which I'm thinking of gathering something suitable, but I have no clue if the script already has triggers to play these (I doubt it, but I can't do scripting). Still, I might start looking for some placeholder audio or something so the gameplay doesn't get all silent in the middle of a game (especially that Mark VII animation is quite long and muted)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:09 am 

gibsmedat wrote:
The table lacks a lot of audio for events which I'm thinking of gathering something suitable, but I have no clue if the script already has triggers to play these (I doubt it, but I can't do scripting). Still, I might start looking for some placeholder audio or something so the gameplay doesn't get all silent in the middle of a game (especially that Mark VII animation is quite long and muted)

There are a number of sounds that start with "voice" and are just sounds created by a text to speech program. I suspect these were used with plans to convert them to something else. You might start with these. Some of them are not used. You can just search the script for the ones that are used. It is possible to add sounds to objects on the table but doing a little spot checking indicates that they only have table sounds on them.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP