Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Army Of Darkness
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:09 am 

Hello all this is my first attempt at creating a table in Future Pinball so I wanted to go with something I felt deserved a table, Army Of Darkness! So many 1-liners that will make awesome samples. I have more design experience than programming so if anyone out there would like to work with me on this (scripting or modeling although I did find a Necronomicon) please let me know. Layout inspired by Tales From The Crypt. Thanks to MadMax for making great tutorials.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Army Of Darkness
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:01 am 

Zombean wrote:
Hello all this is my first attempt at creating a table in Future Pinball so I wanted to go with something I felt deserved a table, Army Of Darkness! So many 1-liners that will make awesome samples. I have more design experience than programming so if anyone out there would like to work with me on this (scripting or modeling although I did find a Necronomicon) please let me know. Layout inspired by Tales From The Crypt. Thanks to MadMax for making great tutorials.

That layout looks interesting. Keep it up...

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:22 am 

WOW what for a table :o Thank you for the picture.

Sven

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 am 

The Evil Dead movies rocks - Looks like an cool Table!!

MySpace
-----------------------------

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:22 am 

Ok, actually made the table functional on a basic level, added some sounds for fun and a bit more art. Next I need to begin adding objectives. Any good tutorials on scripting these kinds of events? Thanks for the kind words all. Here is a progress pic.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:21 am 

Excellent work Zombean 8-)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:07 pm 

damn, can't wait to see it in action, one of the best movies ever ^^

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:12 pm 

man it looks cool

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:47 pm 

Zombean wrote:
Ok, actually made the table functional on a basic level, added some sounds for fun and a bit more art. Next I need to begin adding objectives. Any good tutorials on scripting these kinds of events? Thanks for the kind words all. Here is a progress pic.

There's no easy way of learning to script unfortunately. I started out by modding tables that had the script already written. So Sci-Fi Classic became Star Wars - same rules, same layout, I just changed the graphics and added new sounds.

My advice is to open Sci-Fi Classic's script and read the green notes which explain all the functions in the script very clearly.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 pm 

SLAMT1LT wrote:
There's no easy way of learning to script unfortunately. I started out by modding tables that had the script already written. So Sci-Fi Classic became Star Wars - same rules, same layout, I just changed the graphics and added new sounds.

My advice is to open Sci-Fi Classic's script and read the green notes which explain all the functions in the script very clearly.

Thanks so much, I had been looking up small pieces like how to making the hole functional (as it moves the ball to the left wire). I will try to just focus on the Sci-Fi table and emulate some of those goals. I wanted to keep them simple such as knocking all drop targets down, hitting ramps a certain number of times, ect. Eventually I would like to actually have DMD animations but for now I want it playable. Thanks again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP